Speaking of Mayfield vs Rudolph

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
You Pokes have what one football player you can talk about? Oh wait, BS is the only heisman winner to come out of Poke U, never mind.
There is that other guy, what’s his name that is in the NFL hall of fame with Sanders. Thurman something or other.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
There is that other guy, what’s his name that is in the NFL hall of fame with Sanders. Thurman something or other.
At this point Peterson has had a better career than Thomas, and he'll end up close to Sanders too. Give it 10-12 years and we'll see where Mixon stands.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
At this point Peterson has had a better career than Thomas, and he'll end up close to Sanders too. Give it 10-12 years and we'll see where Mixon stands.
First, how does that back up the comment that we only have Sanders to talk about.
Second Peterson needs 2300 yards to match Thomas’s total yards from scrimmage.
Finally, Peterson has done shit to help his NFL team to make the playoffs. Thomas played in playoff games almost every year of his career.

So, I am having trouble wrapping my Scotch soaked brain around your statement that Peterson has had a better career.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
First, how does that back up the comment that we only have Sanders to talk about.
Second Peterson needs 2300 yards to match Thomas’s total yards from scrimmage.
Finally, Peterson has done shit to help his NFL team to make the playoffs. Thomas played in playoff games almost every year of his career.

So, I am having trouble wrapping my Scotch soaked brain around your statement that Peterson has had a better career.
It doesn’t

I know, I saw the stats.

So?

Peterson has had the better career. That’s all it is. More touchdowns more rushing yards, higher ypc, more pro bowls, more mvps, more first team all pros, more rushing titles, more offensive player of the year awards. Just basic stuff I guess

Last edited:

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
It doesn’t

I know, I saw the stats.

So?

Peterson has had the better career. That’s all it is. More touchdowns more rushing yards, higher ypc, more pro bowls, more mvps, more first team all pros, more rushing titles, more offensive player of the year awards. Just basic stuff I guess
So basic stuff, not special stuff like yards in Super Bowls or special stuff like that?

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
So basic stuff, not special stuff like yards in Super Bowls or special stuff like that?
It doesn’t

I know, I saw the stats.

So?

Not to mention lead the league in missed games for abusing a child.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
It doesn’t

I know, I saw the stats.

So?

Career, body of work. Who has more super bowl rings?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
It doesn’t

I know, I saw the stats.

So?

Go ahead and tally up how many Super Bowls Thurman and Barry have.

I’ll wait....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009

I’ll wait....

Thurman played in four. Wasn’t the argument that at least the Sooners were in the playoffs recently.
I’m still waiting for Peterson to match Thomas production from scrimmage before I say he’s had the better career.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
It doesn’t

I know, I saw the stats.

So?

Could it be THE CORPORAL PUNISHER played in an NFL that doesn't value the RB anymore and played in an old timey offense? They did get rid of him when they decided to do something novel like win.

How many did TCP play in?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

I’ll wait....

Thurman played in four. Wasn’t the argument that at least the Sooners were in the playoffs recently.
I’m still waiting for Peterson to match Thomas production from scrimmage before I say he’s had the better career.
He’s clearly been better at everything except receiving yards, which by judging the difference in careers of two running backs is kind of weak. Thurman had better teams, lucky him. Peterson played better, had more yards, more ypc, and touchdowns in spite of it. Made more pro bowls, won an mvp, and did he rush for 2000 yards after reading an acl? Not to say Thomas wasn’t fantastic. Peterson was Just better. More yards and 99 td to 65 td despite 300 less attempts. Hey at least you still got the greatest ever with Barry.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
It doesn’t

I know, I saw the stats.

So?

Could it be THE CORPORAL PUNISHER played in an NFL that doesn't value the RB anymore and played in an old timey offense? They did get rid of him when they decided to do something novel like win.

How many did TCP play in?
The same number. Peterson was the better rb. Just the way it is. Sanders has zero Super Bowls despite being the best rb ever.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Considering Thomas had nearly 500 receptions, I would say the offense was designed a little different. Total production from rushing&receiving: Thomas= 16,532
Peterson= 14,291
Including playoffs: Thomas= 18,646
Peterson= 14,757
Not sure why you aren't counting Thomas' 1991 MVP/OffPOY and if you are trying to count the pro bowl MVP for Peterson that's just...I don't know what. Thomas was playing in the Super Bowl a week before 4 of his pro bowls, not sure he cared much.