Speaking of Mayfield vs Rudolph

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
So our resident sooner trolls have hedged all of their bets with predictions of:
1) He will have a better career than Manziel (If he doesn't he would be the most colossal bust in the history of the NFL)
2) The Browns will be improved (Over 0-16)
3) He's the best player in the draft but he should sit out this year.
4) He's basically Russell Wilson but Tyrod Taylor is going to keep him on the bench.

:facepalm:

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
The resident Pokes are sure trying hard to find negatives in having a kid go number one overall in the Draft.

Something Oklahoma State hasn’t had.

Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
So our resident sooner trolls have hedged all of their bets with predictions of:
1) He will have a better career than Manziel (If he doesn't he would be the most colossal bust in the history of the NFL)
2) The Browns will be improved (Over 0-16)
3) He's the best player in the draft but he should sit out this year.
4) He's basically Russell Wilson but Tyrod Taylor is going to keep him on the bench.

:facepalm:
Firstly, what do we care about any of that? The fact that he went #1 is such a good thing for OU. As for the rest, I really dont care what happens but it wont hurt recruiting if Mayfield is successful.

Just my opinion but he would learn a lot sitting his rookie year for sure. There is a lot of value in that, so what if he went #1 and so what if he's the best qb in the draft? I dont see the purpose of it unless they start out horribly and it wouldnt matter anyway. Unless he's so much better than taylor right out of camp i dont see him starting til they go on a losing streak or are out of the playoff hunt. Can you dispute the validity of my opinion with something other than an emoji?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
The resident Pokes are sure trying hard to find negatives in having a kid go number one overall in the Draft.

Ever.

Nobody has said that. In addition, we've had a guy go #3 that was far more successful than any Sooner player, ever.
Ah yes... Oklahoma State’s one claim to fame. It’s been three decades and you guys still haven’t found anyone else to hitch your wagon to.

Still having recruits taking pictures with a dusty old Heisman. Team on the rise!

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX

Ever.

Nobody has said that. In addition, we've had a guy go #3 that was far more successful than any Sooner player, ever.
Ah yes... Oklahoma State’s one claim to fame. It’s been three decades and you guys still haven’t found anyone else to hitch your wagon to.

Still having recruits taking pictures with a dusty old Heisman. Team on the rise!

Yeah...except that other guy that came right before him. Both in the NFL Hall of Fame. OU hasn't had a HOF'er drafted in 42 years...dusty, wouldnt you say?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008

Sent from my iPhoneg Tapatalk
Bwaaaaahahahaha, what a pussy. We had THE best running back in history and you got a big mouth loser that is easily chased down by an overweight Arkansas cop. What a f'n hypocrite.Keep postin douche bag, you're as pathetic as they come

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX

Ever.

If the best to ever play went to your school, you'd hitch your wagon to him too... but he didn't...he went to ours.

Also, you'd be hard pressed to find a more deserving Heisman trophy ever awarded. Certainly none at OU. It also used to mean something.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Firstly, what do we care about any of that? The fact that he went #1 is such a good thing for OU. As for the rest, I really dont care what happens but it wont hurt recruiting if Mayfield is successful.

Just my opinion but he would learn a lot sitting his rookie year for sure. There is a lot of value in that, so what if he went #1 and so what if he's the best qb in the draft? I dont see the purpose of it unless they start out horribly and it wouldnt matter anyway. Unless he's so much better than taylor right out of camp i dont see him starting til they go on a losing streak or are out of the playoff hunt. Can you dispute the validity of my opinion with something other than an emoji?
Who"s we? You mean you f'n pussies that have no life and have dragged your trailers to OUR site?

Last edited:

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
If the best to ever play went to your school, you'd hitch your wagon to him too... but he didn't...he went to ours.

Also, you'd be hard pressed to find a more deserving Heisman trophy ever awarded. Certainly none at OU. It also used to mean something.
No shit...of course they did have the biggest cheater that ever coached with king barry.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Ever.

And he never defeated OU. Lived out his career playing for the Lions. Which isn’t much better than playing in Stillwater.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX

Ever.

And he never defeated OU. Lived out his career playing for the Lions. Which isn’t much better than playing in Stillwater.

Cool. Doesn't change anything I said and you know it. Keep grasping at straws though.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008

Yet...he's still the best that ever played. believe it or not dumb ass, defeating payola u is no measure of being "the greatest". Time for you to get back to your recruit list and getting spanky.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
Yet...he's still the best that ever played. believe it or not dumb ass, defeating payola u is no measure of being "the greatest". Time for you to get back to your recruit list and getting spanky.
You Pokes have what one football player you can talk about? Oh wait, BS is the only heisman winner to come out of Poke U, never mind.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Mayfield will be great for the Browns...Rudy will be hanging out with my boy Landry, battling for what, 2nd or 3rd spot.
You ever think maybe there's a reason Rothlisberger is saying some of the stuff about Rudolph he's saying? He's not threatened by Jones, he feels threatened by Rudolph. It may legitimate or paranoia, but he doesn't like this for some reason. It may be Washington and Rudolph together, it may be he knows the Steelers are tired of his soap opera, it may be all of the above but the guy is worried about something. You can hear it in his interviews.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
You Pokes have what one football player you can talk about? Oh wait, BS is the only heisman winner to come out of Poke U, never mind.
Tell you what pussy, it's one more than ever attended payola u and that's even after your pay to play bullshit. When you have anything close come back and talk, til then stfu.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Mayfield will be great for the Browns...Rudy will be hanging out with my boy Landry, battling for what, 2nd or 3rd spot.
You ever think maybe there's a reason Rothlisberger is saying some of the stuff about Rudolph he's saying? He's not threatened by Jones, he feels threatened by Rudolph. It may legitimate or paranoia, but he doesn't like this for some reason. It may be Washington and Rudolph together, it may be he knows the Steelers are tired of his soap opera, it may be all of the above but the guy is worried about something. You can hear it in his interviews.
This is like his 14th year in the league. Anytime you get a decently high picked QB come in you gotta look over your shoulder a little. I think it’s gonna be a wash with Rudolph anyway. I do think that’ll probably be the end for Landry’s tenure there. He hasn’t progressed in that system from what I’ve seen.