Speaking of Mayfield vs Rudolph

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
I was off by a year on the linemen. Between 88-92, there were 4 pro bowl level linemen Ballard 92, 93 -Hull 88, 89, 90 -Richter 91, 92 -Wolford 90, 92. Wolford left after 92, Richter & Ballard left after 93. Hull was there until 96 but did not earn another PB after the 90 ssn. 94 was just the center then Brown came in 95 and started his pro bowl run in 96.

You make it sound as if AD never had a chance with a good-great team. 2009.
Brett Farve at QB. 10 vikings selected to the pro bowl and all kinds of stats to backup who the better team should've been...http://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=300124018

Feb 4, 2016
florida
So you think having a single pro bowl lineman 6 times in 11 seasons is good? A couple of Most of the time they were 3rd stringers. And that includes zero during the best season of his career. By comparison, the browns had 12 (that's literally twice as many) pro bowl offensive linemen since 2007.

He wasnt needed as a receiver, he was the best rb in the league for the majority of his career, and his talents were used running the ball. I already said thomas was a better receiver, and peterson is a better runner. But If you have terrible hands you dont have 2015 yards receiving in your career right? I never claimed he was a great receiver, his strength is in being a running back and plowing through defenders and scoring touchdowns, something he was much better at than thomas. And that's what's getting him in the HOF. At any rate, he caught 72% of the balls thrown at him, which to me, probably doesnt indicate terrible hands.
10 of those were Joe Thomas.So that argument goes nowhere

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I was off by a year on the linemen. Between 88-92, there were 4 pro bowl level linemen Ballard 92, 93 -Hull 88, 89, 90 -Richter 91, 92 -Wolford 90, 92. Wolford left after 92, Richter & Ballard left after 93. Hull was there until 96 but did not earn another PB after the 90 ssn. 94 was just the center then Brown came in 95 and started his pro bowl run in 96.

You make it sound as if AD never had a chance with a good-great team. 2009.
Brett Farve at QB. 10 vikings selected to the pro bowl and all kinds of stats to backup who the better team should've been...http://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=300124018
I'm acting like 6 of his 10 teams in minnesota were .500 or below. yeah he had a few good years when they actually had a qb or wr or even a few other play makers on his team with him.

Isn't it amazing how much better they were when he had a hall of fame qb even though it was the last good year of his career? Kinda gave him a slight taste of the life thomas had, being surrounded by them his whole career.

10 of those were Joe Thomas.So that argument goes nowhere
So? He was a solid lineman, the kind of quality guy you want on your team. Many teams have guys making multiple pro bowls. I was illustrating how even piss poor cleveland had more of those than the vikings of Peterson's era.