Speaking of Mayfield vs Rudolph

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
6 Pro Bowl O-Linemen?! You have to be getting tired of proving your own arguments wrong at this point.
So you think having a single pro bowl lineman 6 times in 11 seasons is good? A couple of Most of the time they were 3rd stringers. And that includes zero during the best season of his career. By comparison, the browns had 12 (that's literally twice as many) pro bowl offensive linemen since 2007.

There's a reason he didn't. It was well known that he had terrible hands, so they didn't throw it to him. The stats prove that out.
He wasnt needed as a receiver, he was the best rb in the league for the majority of his career, and his talents were used running the ball. I already said thomas was a better receiver, and peterson is a better runner. But If you have terrible hands you dont have 2015 yards receiving in your career right? I never claimed he was a great receiver, his strength is in being a running back and plowing through defenders and scoring touchdowns, something he was much better at than thomas. And that's what's getting him in the HOF. At any rate, he caught 72% of the balls thrown at him, which to me, probably doesnt indicate terrible hands.

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
So you think having a single pro bowl lineman 6 times in 11 seasons is good? A couple of Most of the time they were 3rd stringers. And that includes zero during the best season of his career. By comparison, the browns had 12 (that's literally twice as many) pro bowl offensive linemen since 2007.

He wasnt needed as a receiver, he was the best rb in the league for the majority of his career, and his talents were used running the ball. I already said thomas was a better receiver, and peterson is a better runner. But If you have terrible hands you dont have 2015 yards receiving in your career right? I never claimed he was a great receiver, his strength is in being a running back and plowing through defenders and scoring touchdowns, something he was much better at than thomas. And that's what's getting him in the HOF. At any rate, he caught 72% of the balls thrown at him, which to me, probably doesnt indicate terrible hands.
This is why I hope he never goes into the HOF, what a piece of :poo:

1525966906945.png

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Comparing Peterson to a Hall of Farmer like Thurman is laughable, unless we’re talking about the proficiency of beating your three year old with a tree branch....
Peterson was far and away a much better runner, no doubts about it. How is it laughable when he has more yards rushing, and 34 more touchdowns despite 303 less carries? And Peterson is a lock for HOF himself. or are you saying he'll be the only top 10 all time rusher to be left out of the HOF?

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
My dad beat me worse than that on many occasions. Of course, i deserved it. I wonder if this indignation of yours extends to tyreke hill. He could be a hall of famer if he keeps up this pace. At any rate, you can hope all you want. Hopes are fun.
Out of respect, I will refrain from my opinion on your personal situation. No four year old child EVER did anything that deserves to be beaten like that. PERIOD! On the bright side AD "felt bad" when he got his kid in the nuts while he was beating him. Tyreek Hill can make all the money in the world but I will never be a fan and couldn't care less if he ever makes the HOF or not. If he has a HOF worthy career and his legal issues keep him out, so be it. I have absolutely no problem with it.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Most of the time i deserved it. And it was literally the only thing that worked on me. Promises, threats, bribes, punishments or groundings, none of it ever worked unless the threat was a promise to beat me. But im an asshole, and that's sometimes the only way to get an asshole to behave.

If his legal issues didnt keep him out of the draft or the chiefs, i dont think they'll keep him out of the HOF. By the time that day rolls around, this will be a 15+ year old event. And you can bet it wont affect Mixon's ability to make it in either.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
How many Pro Bowl O-Linemen did Thurman Thomas have in his career? Had to be many more than Peterson's 6...right?

If he would have been a better receiver, they would have used him as such. You already said they were a bad team. If he could have helped them in that way, they would have. He had bad hands. They knew it. Everyone in the league knew it. And it's one of the reasons people questioned him going to the Saints who prefer dual threat RBs.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
How many Pro Bowl O-Linemen did Thurman Thomas have in his career? Had to be many more than Peterson's 6...right?

If he would have been a better receiver, they would have used him as such. You already said they were a bad team. If he could have helped them in that way, they would have. He had bad hands. They knew it. Everyone in the league knew it. And it's one of the reasons people questioned him going to the Saints who prefer dual threat RBs.

Yes Thomas had more than 6.

And th at's all fine, he is getting to the hall of fame because of his running skills. Few in history were that good.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
My dad beat me worse than that on many occasions. Of course, i deserved it. I wonder if this indignation of yours extends to tyreke hill. He could be a hall of famer if he keeps up this pace. At any rate, you can hope all you want. Hopes are fun.
Cracks me up when OU fans bring up Tyreek Hill. When his incident happened, Gundy kicked him, our best player, off the team.
OU, on the other hand, gives Mayfield a slap on the wrist, gives Mixon a redshirt, looks the other way when Peterson is given a Lexus, token punished Ryan Broyles, and openly welcomes Dorial Green Beckham who Missou kicked off their team. Just examples in the same time period, though I know this is a decades long theme.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK

He won't answer that because it doesn't fit. Thomas had 5 total, and only 1 after the '92 ssn (the center). Incidentally, Hull, the center was the only pro bowler when Thomas arrived the other 3 earned a couple each during with different combinations between '90-'92. Those 3 left by '92 and didn't earn another PB. Hull left I think, in '93 and they didn't get Ruben Brown until '95. He became a regular PB starting in '96. He was it though after the '93. They basically used velcro for the o-lineman nameplates after that.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
How many more than 6? Like double?
He had 14, so more than double. And that doesnt even get into having a pro bowl qb and wr almost every year too.

He won't answer that because it doesn't fit. Thomas had 5 total, and only 1 after the '92 ssn (the center). Incidentally, Hull, the center was the only pro bowler when Thomas arrived the other 3 earned a couple each during with different combinations between '90-'92. Those 3 left by '92 and didn't earn another PB. Hull left I think, in '93 and they didn't get Ruben Brown until '95. He became a regular PB starting in '96. He was it though after the '93. They basically used velcro for the o-lineman nameplates after that.
Your answer is wrong. In all his seasons, 14 offensive linemen were named pro bowlers. Sometimes it was the same lineman from a previous year. Peterson had those too.

only 1 after the 92 season?
ballard in 93, brown in 96, 97, 98 and 99. And two in 2000 when he was with miami. that's 1+ almost every year of his career.

And the 7 before 93.

Last edited: