Southern Scuffle

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Boo failed skin check, but not officially. So just withdrew from the tourney.

Wifflake looking great early.

Gfeller's first action down at 141 is exciting too.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
Boo failed skin check, but not officially. So just withdrew from the tourney.

Wifflake looking great early.

Gfeller's first action down at 141 is exciting too.
Did the rules change this year on skin checks? I have seen multiple guys (not just OSU) not wrestle because of it. I don’t remember hearing about it much before now.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Did the rules change this year on skin checks? I have seen multiple guys (not just OSU) not wrestle because of it. I don’t remember hearing about it much before now.
Seems like they've made it a priority. Could also be that the bugs developed a resistance to the soaps and antibiotics used for the past few years. Maybe a little bit of both.

Apparently Boo's wasn't questionable. Flared up this morning, he showed it to the team doctor before weigh in, and they withdrew.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Bear Hughes picks up a major decision.

Austin Harris loses by decision.

Really need to figure out heavyweight for the spring semester... Neil Putnam is the right weight, just apparently doesn't have the skill and is hurt... the transfer from Purdue is doubtful to be eligible and really looked not great at the US Open in Fort Worth.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Witcraft looked really good to pick up the 11-6 decision against a solid Lock Haven opponent.

Gfeller up on Mat 3 now with an early takedown.