Sooner Magic

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Awwww.... look at you all coming out. Sure didn’t see this during Bedlam week.

No one will talk about that though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep! There’s always Bedlam to reflect on after every semi final embarrassment! LOL how sad!
What’s more beneficial to your program?

Playing the best in the country every year in bowl season, or playing mediocre competition in bowl season that you lose to purely because your coach is terrible?

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009

Playing the best in the country every year in bowl season, or playing mediocre competition in bowl season that you lose to purely because your coach is terrible?

Whatever benefit ou might have gained by being in the playoff was shoved up their ass sideways by LSU.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Whatever benefit ou might have gained by being in the playoff was shoved up their ass sideways by LSU.
If this was true, it would’ve hurt recruiting since 2015. Guess who’s still pulling in top ten classes?

Not that you’d care about your own recruiting. Which is 40th. But hey, we’ll ignore that.

It takes a lot to compete for a national title now. To beat an Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and now an LSU, you gotta be water tight. OU isn’t there yet. And with college attrition it’s incredibly difficult to get there. Had Oklahoma had this defense in 2017 and 18, they very well could’ve won a title both years. OU didn’t have the offensive cohesion in the passing game, offensive line or defensive depth to win this year. They’d have been beat by any of the rest of the top three.

Rattler’s coming in with as much experience as Justin Fields did for Ohio State. Oklahoma reeled in a huge defensive recruiting class chock full of Grinch corners and safeties. Defensively, they’re losing Gallimore and Motley. Depth is growing everywhere. There’s three brand new 5* receivers who all got work this year. Kennedy Brooks and Sermon are returning. Bedenbaugh landed his best offensive line class he’s ever pulled in. Brock Vandergriff is coming in this next year to replace Rattler.

I mean... keep spewing shit. I can back up how Oklahoma’s building a championship team. Meanwhile, OSU can’t decide to run the ball when they needed to so they can beat a shitty A&M team in a shitty bowl game.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
If this was true, it would’ve hurt recruiting since 2015. Guess who’s still pulling in top ten classes?

Not that you’d care about your own recruiting. Which is 40th. But hey, we’ll ignore that.

It takes a lot to compete for a national title now. To beat an Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and now an LSU, you gotta be water tight. OU isn’t there yet. And with college attrition it’s incredibly difficult to get there. Had Oklahoma had this defense in 2017 and 18, they very well could’ve won a title both years. OU didn’t have the offensive cohesion in the passing game, offensive line or defensive depth to win this year. They’d have been beat by any of the rest of the top three.

Rattler’s coming in with as much experience as Justin Fields did for Ohio State. Oklahoma reeled in a huge defensive recruiting class chock full of Grinch corners and safeties. Defensively, they’re losing Gallimore and Motley. Depth is growing everywhere. There’s three brand new 5* receivers who all got work this year. Kennedy Brooks and Sermon are returning. Bedenbaugh landed his best offensive line class he’s ever pulled in. Brock Vandergriff is coming in this next year to replace Rattler.

I mean... keep spewing shit. I can back up how Oklahoma’s building a championship team. Meanwhile, OSU can’t decide to run the ball when they needed to so they can beat a shitty A&M team in a shitty bowl game.

No fucks given about ou, I’ll believe they can turn all that talent into something when they actually do it.

I have no problem accepting what OSU is and can live with those results. But, I can see you’re lashing out after ou backed up and took a foot of tiger dick in front of a national audience.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
No fucks given about ou, I’ll believe they can turn all that talent into something when they actually do it.

I have no problem accepting what OSU is and can live with those results. But, I can see you’re lashing out after ou backed up and took a foot of tiger dick in front of a national audience.
:lol:

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

Now you sound like aggy. What an honor it is to get the shit kicked out of you by the nations best. Just happy to be there! Thank you, sir. May I have another?

The Texas Bowl ended a bowl win streak for us. I’ve enjoyed the the competition over the years. Beat some good, ranked teams. I firmly believe we beat aggy with a healthy Spencer Sanders. If our coach was terrible, we wouldn’t be second in the Big 12 over this decade.

B121F50D-C00B-4292-A1EA-75258EDC1C97.jpeg

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

They’re turning it into something now. You don’t make the playoffs three straight years on accident.

It’s a matter of putting all the pieces in place at one time before attrition hits and continuing recruiting well. Recruiting is great. There’s production on both side of the ball now. There’s an elite athlete coming in to play QB next year. Depth is early enrolling on defense. An entire offensive line returning (if Creed doesn’t declare as a RS sophomore).

No one wants to get obliterated in a bowl game. But shit happens. I’d rather compete for titles than a consolation prize any day of the week.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Now you sound like aggy. What an honor it is to get the shit kicked out of you by the nations best. Just happy to be there! Thank you, sir. May I have another?

The Texas Bowl ended a bowl win streak for us. I’ve enjoyed the the competition over the years. Beat some good, ranked teams. I firmly believe we beat aggy with a healthy Spencer Sanders. If our coach was terrible, we wouldn’t be second in the Big 12 over this decade.

View attachment 76229
Sweet.

I wish more people could be this happy with low level mediocrity.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Sweet.

LOL there’s that weird superiority complex showing. OSU has been above average the past decade. Not elite, but above average. Any football fan with half a brain would agree, but I guess I should know my audience.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Sweet.

LOL there’s that weird superiority complex showing. OSU has been above average the past decade. Not elite, but above average. Any football fan with half a brain would agree, but I guess I should know my audience.
That’s why it’s so hilarious when you guys crawl out of the woodwork to rail on OU when they lose, but don’t have the spine to come out during or after Bedlam week.

There’s no way you can point out a “weird superiority complex” and be guilty of being in hiding before or after Bedlam... especially when you talk shit when a team that’s not your own beats OU.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
That’s why it’s so hilarious when you guys crawl out of the woodwork to rail on OU when they lose, but don’t have the spine to come out during or after Bedlam week.

There’s no way you can point out a “weird superiority complex” and be guilty of being in hiding before or after Bedlam... especially when you talk shit when a team that’s not your own beats OU.

Did you bump your head and forget where you are???

You are in the ORANGEPOWER broom closet squawking like a fucking parrot!!!

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Did you bump your head and forget where you are???

You are in the ORANGEPOWER broom closet squawking like a fucking parrot!!!
So that’s why you guys can’t talk when it’s Bedlam time, but talk incessantly when OU loses a playoff game?

I didn’t start the squawking. You assholes did.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

I will come out for bedlam next year and tell you I expect to lose.

As for 4th semi embarrassment, y’all have reached Buffalo Bills status of shitting the big stage. Two good teams, but still fun to laugh at for not getting it right second chance after second chance. I’m sure you you've poked plenty of fun at the 90s Bills, but when the shoe is on the other foot here comes the hypocritical temper tantrum that you had to seek out instead of avoiding. Again.. weird superiority complex to fall back on lil bro. It’s so weird, dude.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
So that’s why you guys can’t talk when it’s Bedlam time, but talk incessantly when OU loses a playoff game?

You didn’t start it, but you went well out of your way to find it. What did you exact upon logging in? Nice try posts? Good season pat on the back?

https://giphy.com/gifs/season-8-the-simpsons-8x20-xT5LMDxVpDTaGmBbR6

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Little bro... when you can’t bare to talk when your team is playing your biggest rivalry game, you can’t call anyone that.

The difference between the NFL and college is colossal. The Bills had all the talent to win. They just didn’t.

Here’s where OU went wrong:

2015: Baker being inexperienced and Mike’s defense being soft.

2017: Mikes defense being terrible.

2018: Zombie Mike’s defense being abysmal.

2019: Need better passing QB. Need better offensive line cohesion after losing four linemen to NFL. Need better defensive depth as Burrow picked on two areas of the secondary where starters were missing.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

You didn’t start it, but you went well out of your way to find it. What did you exact upon logging in? Nice try posts? Good season pat on the back?

https://giphy.com/gifs/season-8-the-simpsons-8x20-xT5LMDxVpDTaGmBbR6
Am I just not supposed to reply?

That’s how messages boards work.

The only people who get passes for disappearing and being MIA is every single Poke on the board and after Bedlam up until halftime of the Peach Bowl.

SOMEHOW you guys get a pass on that.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Am I just not supposed to reply?

That’s how messages boards work.

The only people who get passes for disappearing and being MIA is every single Poke on the board and after Bedlam up until halftime of the Peach Bowl.

SOMEHOW you guys get a pass on that.

Nobody tagged you. You had to make a conscious effort log in and see if anyone was bedowngrading your playoff flop. You do not have the self control to stay away. We could go back to OSU 90s level of suck and we’ll still be here to laugh as the football gets pulled away and you fall on your ass, Chuck.