Soak the Rich?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
You are aware that the US is the only major country that taxes citizens overseas? Also, it is expensive to renounce your US citizenship. If you have means they charge a substantial exit tax on asset gains and any deferred compensation like pensions.

A friend of mine is Australia and never lived here. But was dual citizen as his mom was American. It cost him over $20000 to get rid of his US citizenship despite never even being in America except on vacation.
Interesting.....

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
A friend of mine is Australia and never lived here. But was dual citizen as his mom was American. It cost him over $20000 to get rid of his US citizenship despite never even being in America except on vacation.
One of my friends is about to return home to Europe, his son was born here so has dual citizenship. We have had several discussions about this issue and potential problems in the future, his home country recently passed a law requiring children to declare one or the other by their 18th birthday

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
So they must have gotten too impatient with Trump attempting to make America great again.
Surely it couldn't have anything to do with wanting to enjoy the benefits of a really nice country that has overthrown a fascist dictator in the recent past and is bar none the best place to be in South America right now?