So you're saying there's a chance . . .

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
There's still one or two scenarios where OSU gets to the title game-
Winning out and 0U loss to TCU is a must plus some other win/loss games (ISU winning out, BU beating TX, etc.)

Since the above is highly unlikely, our best scenario is for TX to lose to either (or both) BU and TTU and for us to win out and thus be on a 5 game win streak, Top 15 team, and the clear #3 team in the conference.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
The fact that we are the third highest ranked Big-12 team right now is hopeful. The fact that we're one of only 3 conference teams right now with less than 4 losses is helpful. That won't change as long as we win @WVU.

I think best case scenario would be an Alamo Bowl invite against a pretty good PAC-12 team and a chance to finish with 9 wins (absent an upset in Bedlam).

That can still happen although we'd likely be tied with Iowa State in the standings for third so there is still some work to do.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
I think you missed this part down here.

The OP’s argument is misleading. But yes TCU must beat ou. I don’t see ou losing two more. I’d rather it be us beating them than tcu

Still... it looks like we're playing for 3rd in the conference and we'll need some teams to lose for that to happen.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
If we win out, TCU pulled a miracle in Norman, or Baylor lost two we would be in
I think if we win out, TCU pulls a miracle, and BU loses 2 then most likely TX is also at 6-3 and they go to Title game with 0U based on records.

so, I can't believe I'm saying this, its better for Bu not to lose out and thus we are in a 3 way with ISU and 0U (instead of BU, TX and 0U) to take the simple record (2-0) tie breaker.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I think if we win out, TCU pulls a miracle, and BU loses 2 then most likely TX is also at 6-3 and they go to Title game with 0U based on records.

so, I can't believe I'm saying this, its better for Bu not to lose out and thus we are in a 3 way with ISU and 0U (instead of BU, TX and 0U) to take the simple record (2-0) tie breaker.
I can see that.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
If this were to happen it would be Rapelor and one of UT or OSU in the Championship Game, depending on what Texass does. It would be UT vs Rapelor if UT wins 2 and Rapelor loses 2, along with the other wins/losses you mentioned.

Wow, there could be a 5 way tie for 1st with all teams at 6-3.
  • Rapelor loses to UT and KU, 6-3
  • UT beats Rapelor and Taco Tech, 6-3
  • OU loses to TCU and OSU, 6-3
  • ISU beats KSU and KU, 6-3
  • OSU beats WVU and OU, 6-3
There are five games that matter for us:
  1. Rapelor vs UT, I suspect Rapelor will be favored over UT, so this has a good chance of happening. This would give Texass a minimum of 4 losses and they drop out.
  2. TTU vs UT, a second chance for bevo to lose if the rapists can't do it.
  3. TCU vs OU. This would give OU a second loss. OU should be favored, so this is not likely to go in our favor, but who knows what Fat Pat can do.
  4. OSU vs WVU, a game we should be favored to win and would keep our losses at 3, and our hopes alive, assuming 1, 2, and 3 go our way.
  5. OSU vs OU, won't matter if 3 & 4 don't happen, but if it did it would create a potential 3 way tie for second (OSU, OU, and ISU) where we would own the tiebreaker against the other two. Or a possible 4 way tie for first (Rapelor, OU, ISU, OSU)!
Doesn't matter what ISU does as far was we are concerned. They already have 3 losses and we own the tiebreaker. They have to win both of their games; Texas lose 1 game; TCU beat OU; we lose to WVU; and we beat OU. Then ISU would play Rapelor, even if they (Raplor) lose out.

It's going to be a wild weekend. I think the picture will be much clearer after Saturday.

Looks like we would need the log jam of teams to occur for second place, where we would own the tiebreakers. If it happens for first place ISU, UT and OSU is out.

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
Baylor beats Texas....TCU beats OU...the rest will all be on our games against WVU and OU that’s it.
Exactly. Not sure why everyone is breaking this down so much.... It's pretty simple and there's definitely a chance we still go to conf champ game. It's not implausible this scenario happens with how OU has looked lately.