SPOILER So, what would happen in a Senate trial to remove Trump?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Interesting Read

LET THEM GO AHEAD AND IMPEACH TRUMP.... HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS THEN......
By: Hyram F. Suddfluffel, PhD, (Political Science).

I have a degree in Political Science, and I am a card-carrying Libertarian.

I've been studying politics and political history for the past 30 years. My specialty is U.S. Presidents. That said, I hope that the House of Representatives impeaches Trump. Let me tell you what will happen next!

1. The House can pass articles of impeachment over the objections of the Republicans, and refer to the Senate for trial.

2. The Senate will conduct a trial. There will be a vote, and the Republicans will vote unanimously, along with a small number of Democrats, to not convict the President Legally, it will all be over at that point.

3. However, during the trial, and this is what no one is thinking about right now, the President's attorneys will have the right to subpoena and question ANYONE THEY WANT.. That is different than the special counsel investigation, which was very one-sided. So, during the impeachment trial, we will be hearing testimony from James Comey, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Bruce Ohr, Glenn Simpson, Donna Brazille, Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, Christopher Steele, Hillary Clinton, John Brennan, James Clapper, and a whole host of other participants in this whole sordid affair and the ensuing coverup activities. A lot of dirt will be dug up; a lot of truth will be unveiled. Finger pointing will occur. Deals will start being made, and suddenly, a lot of democrats will start being charged and going to yprison. All this, because, remember, the President's team will now, for the first time, have the RIGHT to question all of these people under oath - and they will turn on each other. That is already starting.

4. Lastly, one more thing will happen, the Senate will not convict the President. Nothing will happen to Trump. Most Americans are clueless about political processes, the law, and the Constitution. Most Americans believe that being impeached results in removal from office. They don't understand that phase 2 is a trial in and by the Senate, where he has zero chance of conviction. Remember, the Senate is controlled by Republicans; they willdetermine what testimony is allowed -- and **everything** will be allowed, including: DNC collusion with the Clinton campaign to fix the election in favor of Hillary, the creation of the Trump dossier, the cover up and destruction of emails that very likely included incriminating information.
They will incriminate each other for lying to the FISA court, for spying and wiretapping the Trump campaign, and for colluding with foreign political actors, especially George Soros. After the Senate declines to convict the President, we will have an election, and Trump will win. It will be a backlash against democrat petulance, temper tantrums, hypocrisy and dishonesty. Even minorities will vote for Trump, because, for the first time, they will see that democrats have spent 2+ years focused on maintaining their own power, and not doing anything at all about black murders in Chicago, homelessness, opioids, and other important issues that are actually killing people. And, we will spend the following four years listening to politicians and pundits claim that the whole impeachment was rigged

So let's move on to impeachment.

Hyram F. Suddfluffel, PhD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Won’t all those people plead the 5th and the media will cover for them saying it’s a political stunt by Trump? I think impeaching Trump guarantees his re-election but I don’t buy the fantasy that Comey, Lynch, Hillary, et. al will ever answer for anything even though they’ve done 1000x anything Trump has been wrongfully accused of.

Jul 22, 2011
There are a few glaring details being overlooked here by
Dr. Suddfluffel (suddfluffel?!!) .

Republicans are pussies.

There are 3 to 5 Republican Senators like Mitt Romney and Richard Burr who would probably vote yes on impeachment today. That number is likely to rise and very unlikely to fall.

This is the first whistleblower report. Do you think it’s going to be the last? Our intelligence agencies have been highly politicized and highly weaponized by the left. Remember, all it takes is hearsay now, and BOOM, we got ourselves a brand new scandal.

Trump is not careful and he is not bureaucratically savvy. He has and will continue to abuse his power to lash out at his enemies and his perceived enemies.

It doesn’t matter how many crimes were committed by Hillary and Joe Biden. They’re not on trial here. (And they never will be, because refer to my opening statement)

Remember, there is still plenty of time for 30 new women to remember that Trump raped them.

Senate hearings would not only be filled with stonewalling witnesses, but also nonstop screaming interruptions by protestors given passes by dem senators. Think the Kavanaugh confirmation on meth.

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
The Republicans should be happy they get a pretty good deal out of impeachment and removal--Pence. Can anybody think of a controversial Twitter post of his? The Christian Right will be more than happy with Pence being president. If the controversy over Trump further escalates, while endangering his reelectability, Pence as the solution to it will look more attractive to Republicans. They should be already concerned with Trump running behind in the polls with a sorry candidate as is Biden.

Last edited:

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
If you’d like a preview of the next 14 months:
Democrats are desperate because they know the one candidate that could compete with Trump was Biden and the guy has been almost single handedly destroyed by Trump. They need every dirty, illegal, and under handed thing to even compete with him at this point.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Democrats are desperate because they know the one candidate that could compete with Trump was Biden and the guy has been almost single handedly destroyed by Trump. They need every dirty, illegal, and under handed thing to even compete with him at this point.

When every dirty, illegal, and under handed thing Trump and the sycophant Republicans have done is revealed, even some once conservative Republicans will vote for impeachment. If they aren’t in jail before then.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com

When every dirty, illegal, and under handed thing Trump and the sycophant Republicans have done is revealed, even some once conservative Republicans will vote for impeachment. If they aren’t in jail before then.
Sorry man every single Republican in the house just voted against it. It will die in the senate and trump will run on being vindicated. The only republican that would dare vote for it is Romney because he is a mormon senator from Utah. That is it.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
The Republicans should be happy they get a pretty good deal out of impeachment and removal--Pence. Can anybody think of a controversial Twitter post of his? The Christian Right will be more than happy with Pence being president. If the controversy over Trump further escalates, while endangering his reelectability, Pence as the solution to it will look more attractive to Republicans. They should be already concerned with Trump running behind in the polls with a sorry candidate as is Biden.[/QUOTE]

You still don't understand the media at all, do you?

Bless your little heart.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Sorry man every single Republican in the house just voted against it. It will die in the senate and trump will run on being vindicated. The only republican that would dare vote for it is Romney because he is a mormon senator from Utah. That is it.

Don’t believe any vote has taken place.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Remember, there is still plenty of time for 30 new women to remember that Trump raped them.

Senate hearings would not only be filled with stonewalling witnesses, but also nonstop screaming interruptions by protestors given passes by dem senators. Think the Kavanaugh confirmation on meth.
If there is no record of rapes reported to the police department to back, it won't matter if 10,000 new women remember that Trump raped them.

Jul 28, 2011
Reno NV
Here's what will happen...if the trial goes to the Senate before the election and the Senate does not convict, every trump-rat Senator up for re-election is defeated and the Dems take over the Senate while expanding their control of the House. If the trial takes place after the election the few Republicans left will not have enough votes to defeat the indictment and trump goes down.

Remember what I told you months ago...everything and everybody trump touches turns to s*^+t.