So Is Anyone Watching the SOTU Address?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
To be fair, Trump refusing to shake her hand was also juvenile. Someone needs to stand up and be the adult.
While I agree...are you sure he actually saw her outstretched hand? If he did and refused, that's pretty lame, I agree. I was, however, glad he didn't mention impeachment even once and rose above partisan attacks for nearly his entire speech.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
To be fair, Trump refusing to shake her hand was also juvenile. Someone needs to stand up and be the adult.
Watching the video, he had turned mostly away when she reached her had out...possible he didn't see it, but the norm/tradition is to shake hands so he should have been prepared.

However, Pelosi also broke tradition earlier with her announcement of the President.

The traditional announcement is “Members of Congress, I have the high privilege and distinct honor of presenting to you the president of the United States.”

Pelosi instead said, “Members of Congress, the president of the United States.”

Did she start they fray and try to end it with ripping up the speech? Personally, I think that was the signal for the Dems to leave rather than wait for the President to exit as is tradition.

Jonathon Turley has a good piece about it in The Hill: https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/481598-nancy-pelosi-should-resign

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
I can’t disagree with this, but if she’d done and said about me what she’s done and said about him, I wouldn’t shake the bitch’s hand either.

But, if I felt about someone the way she feels about Trump, I’d never extend my hand to the bastard in the first place.

They're both really shitty people.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I can’t disagree with this, but if she’d done and said about me what she’s done and said about him, I wouldn’t shake the bitch’s hand either.

But, if I felt about someone the way she feels about Trump, I’d never extend my hand to the bastard in the first place.

They're both really shitty people.
Yep. But...

I am dealing with a BUNCH of garbage in my life right. I have managed to turn things around at work somewhat by being bigger than the circumstances. Taking the high road is almost always better.

It hasn't worked so good with my wife, unfortunately. Some people are just crazy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I think one of Talibs tweets sums up today's Democrat party perfectly. She criticized Trump for "bragging about taking food stamps away from millions of people". He didn't take them away, he was bragging about how the good economy 'allowed' them to not need them anymore.

I really don't think today's Dems know the difference. That or they really do WANT as many people dependent on big government as possible to the point of criticizing those that aren't.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Yep. But...

I am dealing with a BUNCH of garbage in my life right. I have managed to turn things around at work somewhat by being bigger than the circumstances. Taking the high road is almost always better.

It hasn't worked so good with my wife, unfortunately. Some people are just crazy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
You should take the HIGH road. It’ll do you wonders and it makes the crazy go away.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Wait... you mean high road as in morally, and not high road as in handful of gabapentin, right? 'Cause I can do either...
High road as in don't change your exes contact info in your phone to "The Cold Hearted B!tch".

Because it's already in my phone for my ex. :glare: Find your own new contact "title".