So Is Anyone Watching the SOTU Address?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
Thought I would start a thread so comments can be centralized instead of all over.

My first comment is if you gauged by MSM's limited coverage, you would not even know it had taken place tonight.

Partisanship is so palpable in that chamber I am surprised a melee has not broken out.

https://youtu.be/KkJ8Zb9axi8

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I quit watching SOTU speeches a long time ago, never once regretted it. All those damn applause pauses just tick me off.....I can read everything that was said the next day in about 10% of the time it would've taken to watch.

I did see the replay of Trump not shaking Pelosi's hand at the beginning and then Pelosi making a show of ripping the speech in half at the end. Trump may or may not have noticed her extend her hand but it wouldn't surprise me if he did snub her....there was no mistaking what she did though...not exactly good feelings between those two. I also heard that the Dems gave two response speeches, one in English and one in Spanish. I wonder if it was the same speech or different speeches.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I quit watching SOTU speeches a long time ago, never once regretted it. All those damn applause pauses just tick me off.....I can read everything that was said the next day in about 10% of the time it would've taken to watch.

I did see the replay of Trump not shaking Pelosi's hand at the beginning and then Pelosi making a show of ripping the speech in half at the end. Trump may or may not have noticed her extend her hand but it wouldn't surprise me if he did snub her....there was no mistaking what she did though...not exactly good feelings between those two. I also heard that the Dems gave two response speeches, one in English and one in Spanish. I wonder if it was the same speech or different speeches.
It would be interesting to know if those response speeches were the same.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
What did someone yell from the crowd when Trump was talking about the 2nd amendment. Nancy pointed and shooshed them.
OK so I read that the person who shouted something at the President was one of the Parkland gun control advocates. Invited by Pelosi to attend the SOTU. She had to shoosh her own guest. LMAO.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I've heard a few people today suggest that Pelosi's move to rip up the speech was done purposely to steer the post speech conversation to her actions rather than on the content of the speech. The only reason to do that is if you can't refute what was in the speech, so instead want to distract from what was in it, even to the point of making yourself look like a petulant child. Just food for thought.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
I've heard a few people today suggest that Pelosi's move to rip up the speech was done purposely to steer the post speech conversation to her actions rather than on the content of the speech. The only reason to do that is if you can't refute what was in the speech, so instead want to distract from what was in it, even to the point of making yourself look like a petulant child. Just food for thought.
I could believe that because that is the top story I've seen about the SOTU. The second is the Oklahoma people (which makes sense since I follow Oklahoma media).

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
performance outrage.