So, I met Ron Paul today!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
Today was a great day for me. Here in Phoenix, there was a GOP convention in which candidates were invited to speak, and Dr. Ron Paul was duely invited, and he showed up. Through meetup.com and eventful.com, I was informed that Dr. Paul was flying into Sky Harbor Int'l at 9:11 am.

The fee for going to the convention was $75, and that did not go toward Dr. Paul, as he was only about 1/10 of the days festivities, so I decided not to attend. So anyway, I went down to the airport - that in and of itself is a feat, as I was out bar hopping all night on friday. But, I was spreading Paul's message the night before, and miraculously awoke with no hangover. Rather almost like Christmas Day w/ excitement. My wife asked me to go out to the couch because I kept waking up and checking the clock to make sure I didn't oversleep.

So I roll into the airport, and surprisingly enough, I see bumper stickers w/ Dr. Pauls name adorned. As i made my way to Terminal 4, Gate A, I ran into several individuals who were wearing Ron Paul T-Shirts, and felt a crazy kinship with these folks. This was about 8:30, and when I arrived at his gate, there were approximately 35 individuals w/ signs awaiting Paul's arrival. By the time his plane touched down at 9:20, there were well over 100 people with signs waiting to greet Dr. Paul. So he finally arrives, and everyone swoons him. I got the opportunity to shake his hand and thank him for enlightening myself and thousands of others of his message. We all followed as he made time and effort to greet every single person in attendance.

My wife had to work today, so she couldn't attend w/ me, but she gave me her digital camera. Eventhough I had already had the pleasure of meeting him, I threw myself back in the mix, asked a gal to hold my camera and snap a quick shot of me w/ Dr. Paul. I was actually shaking when I got my chance. The energy in the airport was unreal. The whole vibe was one of the most surreal experiences of my life.

He then stopped once he got well out of the way of the rest of passengers (Dr. Paul doesn't charter flights, he flew USAir w/ everyone else) and delivered a speech. Then, he took questions from the crowd for a solid 15 minutes. At this point, the airport security was getting uneasy, and said we had to wrap it up. So we basically cleared out, but not before Dr. Paul was interviewed by Fox news. He basically was asked the same questions that were asked by us.

But all in all, it was definitely one of the more amazing experiences of my life. Dr. Paul speaks with such truth and assurance. It completely amazes me that this man is 71 years old, you would never know just by listening to him, unless you attributed his wisdom to age. He was incredibly humble, took the time to speak to anyone that was there, and spoke from his heart. I know that there will be videos from this appearance, and I will post them in this thread.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
[Eventhough I had already had the pleasure of meeting him, I threw myself back in the mix, asked a gal to hold my camera and snap a quick shot of me w/ Dr. Paul. I was actually shaking when I got my chance./I].....

Shaking? Dude that's a little weird.

Feb 7, 2007
[Eventhough I had already had the pleasure of meeting him, I threw myself back in the mix, asked a gal to hold my camera and snap a quick shot of me w/ Dr. Paul. I was actually shaking when I got my chance./I].....

What's weird about it? You've never been nervous before? I know you like to maintain your internet tough guy act to impress your e-friends, but this is getting lame.

Feb 7, 2007
Yeah, that is weird. You're making him out to be more of a cult leader than a legitimate political candidate...which I guess kind of fits in this case.
How is meeting a presidential candidate and posting my experience on here make him out to be more of a cult leader than a legit political candidate?

But yeah, in today's climate I can see how it would seem strange to have such a strong admiration for one of our political leaders. Somewhat oxymoronic huh?

Feb 7, 2007
Yeah, desert. Only weird people get nervous about things. Weirdo McWeirdster is what you ought to be called. Yeah. What do you say to that, you freak? :rolleyes:
Oh yeah! My dad can beat up your dad!

We all fear what we don't understand. Ridicule makes us feel better.

Feb 7, 2007
NEWS FLASH...............There was a new entry into the Presidential race today. He is very much in the mold of Ron Paul. I think they said his name is Bill Mike.........wait, that's wrong, it was Jeff Tom.
Ok, now I think we'll all be in agreement that that was one of the more lame attempts at humor in here. Step your game up.

OSU Sig

Federal Marshal
Jan 28, 2005
Edmond

Maybe, but he did not wet his pants. Three others did.

Jul 22, 2005
Yukon
And my guess is that you might be homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that) if you're thinking about other men having orgasms.
Your guess would be wrong.

I just assumed from all of your man-crush posts about this guy that maybe there was something special going on there.

This particular one you seemed EXTRA giddy.