Snyder: Is It Time to Go?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Not earthshattering info or anything out of Manhattan, but an interesting read nonetheless.

From Yahoo! Sports:

Sad state at K-State
One of the coolest stories of the day intersected with one of the saddest. Baylor outlasted Kansas State, 37-34, with its final touchdown coming from sixth-string freshman tailback Craig “Squirrel” Williams, who weighs 162 pounds. Williams took his first two career carries for 35 yards and became an unlikely hero. Baylor coach Matt Rhule told Yahoo on Saturday night that “Squirrel” is a great example of the positives of the new redshirt rule, as he’ll likely end up redshirting this season. Rhule especially loved how “Squirrel’s” teammates mobbed the pint-sized tailback. “The rule,” Rhule said, “is pretty cool.”
Baylor improves to 4-2, one season after going 1-11. They leave Kansas State 2-4, without a Power Five victory and appearing destined to battle Kansas for last-place in the Big 12. Kansas State, long a paragon for a lack of drama, has turned into a sad soap opera as 79-year old Bill Snyder sputters to the end of his Hall of Fame career.
Have we passed the point where Snyder is starting to undercut his vast legacy as Kansas State’s program continues to decline? It’s a terrible look right now for Kansas State, which looks inept on the field and messy off it. Snyder made headlines again this week by chastising a reporter to “write what the hell you want to write” in regards to Kansas State’s quarterback situation.
Things project to get worse for Kansas State, which hasn’t missed a bowl under Snyder since 2009. They are 0-3 in the Big 12 and face Oklahoma State before road games at Oklahoma and TCU. They’ll be heavy underdogs in those games, as Kansas State’s bowl chances are slim.
The problem with Snyder is the same as it has been the past few years. He wants his son, Sean, to replace him but the administrators doesn’t. So he’s kept on coaching, and there’s constant uncertainty and strife in the athletic department over the future. This is starting to both look and feel like the end, even if it’s against his wishes. We wrote this summer that athletic director Gene Taylor would likely look to coaches he’s familiar with – North Dakota State’s Chris Klieman would be an obvious frontrunner – to replace Snyder.
Here’s hoping Snyder realizes how bad this all looks from the outside and steps down with some dignity.

Apr 13, 2007
Snyder has done so much for K-State that I think they should at least give his Son a try.

BTW, whatever happened to Steve Spurrier Jr.?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Snyder has done so much for K-State that I think they should at least give his Son a try.

BTW, whatever happened to Steve Spurrier Jr.?
As a Poke fan, I certainly tend to draw some similarities to the Sutton era.

Whomever it is that succeeds Snyder, he's got to be able to use that Kansas juco system to build the roster there, imo.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
I know nothing about this season's K-State team except what I read in that article. I feel confident they will feel a lot better about themselves next Sunday.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
This is another must win game...much like KU. I don't have any clue if we will rise to the occasion and play some defense or if Snyder will pull some QB out of the stands that will light up our secondary with dime after dime...short of that I think we win...but it's certainly not certain. Knowles is on the hot seat six games in and it's gets boiling hot if we give up tons of points again in Manhattan. Must win! Go Pokes!!

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
This is another must win game...much like KU. I don't have any clue if we will rise to the occasion and play some defense or if Snyder will pull some QB out of the stands that will light up our secondary with dime after dime...short of that I think we win...but it's certainly not certain. Knowles is on the hot seat six games in and it's gets boiling hot if we give up tons of points again in Manhattan. Must win! Go Pokes!!
Knowles is not on the hot seat that is just ridiculous. OCWTF should be but Gundy is happy with him because he can control him. Gundy wont be on the hot seat but someone should be up his butt and telling him the results are unacceptable. Sadly, none of that will happen.

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
Knowles is not on the hot seat that is just ridiculous. OCWTF should be but Gundy is happy with him because he can control him. Gundy wont be on the hot seat but someone should be up his butt and telling him the results are unacceptable. Sadly, none of that will happen.
I'm not sure how long Knowles should get, but certainly more than 6 games. It's likely gonna take some time to improve the defense.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
I'm not sure how long Knowles should get, but certainly more than 6 games. It's likely gonna take some time to improve the defense.
He needs at minimum 3 seasons. He needs to get some of his recruits on the field before judging anything. Sadly, OCWTF and Gundy should be embarrassed that they can’t come up a better game plan then chuck it deep or run up the middle. It just shows that Gundy did not learned anything from Holgerson who is light years more intelligent on offense. Gundy is too arrogant to admit someone else has a better offense than him. Last year, talent was too good not to perform well. Once the talent disappeared... their terrible game plans don’t work.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The ISU game was lost on defense...play half way decent on defense and it's not a game. Offense scored 41 points and T. Walace dropped the perfect pass for the go ahead score. 41 should be more than enough to beat ISU every time.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
He needs at minimum 3 seasons. He needs to get some of his recruits on the field before judging anything. Sadly, OCWTF and Gundy should be embarrassed that they can’t come up a better game plan then chuck it deep or run up the middle. It just shows that Gundy did not learned anything from Holgerson who is light years more intelligent on offense. Gundy is too arrogant to admit someone else has a better offense than him. Last year, talent was too good not to perform well. Once the talent disappeared... their terrible game plans don’t work.
Bingo!

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
The ISU game was lost on defense...play half way decent on defense and it's not a game. Offense scored 41 points and T. Walace dropped the perfect pass for the go ahead score. 41 should be more than enough to beat ISU every time.
Our defense is constantly being put into bad positons because our offense has series that end in 3 and outs. OCWTF would put any defense into terrible positions because of his predicability. If our offense played Alabama, we would get murdered and probably not score the entire game.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Our defense is constantly being put into bad positons because our offense has series that end in 3 and outs. OCWTF would put any defense into terrible positions because of his predicability. If our offense played Alabama, we would get murdered and probably not score the entire game.
To be fair, Alabama would do that to half the NFL, but yeah.

Apr 13, 2007
Thank you, Mrs. Sutton, but it's probably not the best idea...........with the nepotism and all.
At one time, Bobby Bowden had two Sons as assistant coaches. One Son playing and two Daughters on the cheer leading squad. I don't know what the other child was doing.