Snipping a clip from a movie

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 22, 2005
Stillwater
I don't think that there's a way to clip a movie from Netflix, because you would have to download the movie first. Netflix just streams it. Here is what I would do to accomplish what you want. First, I would purchase the movie on iTunes. There's also a free website called Movies Anywhere that will sync most movies across iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, and Vudu if you own the movie on other platforms. Then I would use a DRM removal program like Noteburner Plus to remove the iTunes DRM and create a file that can be played anywhere or edited. Then use any video editor to clip the new movie file.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
If I want to snip a clip from a movie from, say, Amazon or Netflix, how do I do it?
You could first see if the clip exists already on YouTube even if it's in a longer format. Then you just use one of the many services available (some websites and some programs) you can use to download that file to your computer then you can edit it to get the amount of the clip you want.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
What if I have the blu-ray/dvd?
If your computer supports Blu-ray you could play it on that and do screen capture or get the right software and rip the whole movie.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
If your computer supports Blu-ray you could play it on that and do screen capture or get the right software and rip the whole movie.

You know, thinking about it, if I have the blu-ray/dvd, the easiest thing for me to do would be to get to class a few minutes early and just set the clip up where I want it to be.

In the movie Mary Shelley, which is about the romance between Mary Wollencroft-Godwin and Percy Blysse Shelley that led her to write the book Frankenstein, there is an excellent scene where she witnesses a theatrical display of "Galvanism", shocking a dead frog and making it jump. I talk about this in class when I'm teaching cardio-hemodynamics, because it is directly related to Frank-Starling's law, the relationship between preload and stroke volume. I think showing that scene would make it much more interesting for the students, make it come "alive"... BWAH... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! <evil laugh mode off>

So, I order the blu-ray.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

You know, thinking about it, if I have the blu-ray/dvd, the easiest thing for me to do would be to get to class a few minutes early and just set the clip up where I want it to be.

In the movie Mary Shelley, which is about the romance between Mary Wollencroft-Godwin and Percy Blysse Shelley that led her to write the book Frankenstein, there is an excellent scene where she witnesses a theatrical display of "Galvanism", shocking a dead frog and making it jump. I talk about this in class when I'm teaching cardio-hemodynamics, because it is directly related to Frank-Starling's law, the relationship between preload and stroke volume. I think showing that scene would make it much more interesting for the students, make it come "alive"... BWAH... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

So, I order the blu-ray.
With that in mind you could probably easily just find the clip on YouTube and play it from there.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
With that in mind you could probably easily just find the clip on YouTube and play it from there.

Maybe. But the blu-ray/dvd hasn't been released yet and won't be until Aug 28, so it would be risky. I could also rent it again on Amazon and cue it up before class, which would again be risky. It seems to me the simplest thing to do is buy the blu-ray/dvd and keep it in my office that way I have it when I want it.

It's a great clip. The Frank-Starling experiment, shocking a frog thigh with varying weights attached, is one of the most elegant ever done, and Frank and Starling, and Shelley were all obviously influenced by "Galvanism". Showing the clip in class will be cool.