Sidelines

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
From some of the comments of one sensible Longhorn in the comment section...
"Mr. H., the holding was in the end zone. They called holding, but said it was outside the end zone. It was just a bad call. They called it on the wrong player who was on the 2, and missed the player holding in the end zone……about 1 yard inside the goal line. The was a worse call than the safety we escaped against USC.
Okie State was clearly the better team Saturday, and if the officiating had been clean for both sides, I think we lose by 17."

Some smart Longhorns exist out there. The sidelines at BPH are tight and I take pride in the fact that there isn't a bad seat in the house as a result. Actually accommodations where made in the west endzone when it was reconfigured that actually increased sideline space in that area as that was the main area injuries used to occur. That is improved now. Also, notice this guy hit something on the sideline not the wall...that could happen anywhere not just at tight sideline stadiums. The "article" is just another complaint by an upset fanbase.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2006
You'd think if it were really such a safety issue, the team that plays there 7-8 times a year would suffer a lot more injuries as a result...

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
You'd think if it were really such a safety issue, the team that plays there 7-8 times a year would suffer a lot more injuries as a result...
Exactly. I can hear Gundy now to Hill "Now remember when you run to that side you'll have to stop on a dime or hurdle those boxes like Bolt in Rio."

Nov 25, 2009
Weatherford, OK
From some of the comments of one sensible Longhorn in the comment section...
"Mr. H., the holding was in the end zone. They called holding, but said it was outside the end zone. It was just a bad call. They called it on the wrong player who was on the 2, and missed the player holding in the end zone……about 1 yard inside the goal line. The was a worse call than the safety we escaped against USC.
Okie State was clearly the better team Saturday, and if the officiating had been clean for both sides, I think we lose by 17."

Some smart Longhorns exist out there. The sidelines at BPH are tight and I take pride in the fact that there isn't a bad seat in the house as a result. Actually accommodations where made in the west endzone when it was reconfigured that actually increased sideline space in that area as that was the main area injuries used to occur. That is improved now. Also, notice this guy hit something on the sideline not the wall...that could happen anywhere not just at tight sideline stadiums. The "article" is just another complaint by an upset fanbase.
I think the bad call of holding in the end zone that should of resulted in a safety actually worked to our benefit. We ended up getting the ball inside the UT 40 and scored a TD. If a safety was called, the correct call, we would of been up 5 and probably deep on our end of the field. Who knows how that would of ended up, probably much more conservative play calling with UT probably getting the ball back only down 5. I was also amazed UT onside kicked at the end when down 3 with 3 timeouts, that was a bone head decision in my opinion. Once the onside was recovered there wasn’t much pressure since we were at/past mid field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
There's an easy answer for that, don't bring those huge wheeled crates on your sidelines. What's next, complaining that the video board is to close to the field and it burns your little eyes?

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
"The good news? At least no Texas players will be put at risk again until 2020."

Oh, they'll still be at risk. Just a greater risk of being embarrassed at home for the 6th time in a row.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
What a bunch of massive poons. That article wouldn't have been written if they would've won. Those sidelines have been like that since 1971. How many huge injuries have happened in the last 47 years because of them?

1540923340551.png

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
There's an easy answer for that, don't bring those huge wheeled crates on your sidelines. What's next, complaining that the video board is to close to the field and it burns your little eyes?
Wasn't it Texas that got the Big12 to outlaw noisemakers and make an exception for the paddle people only because they would be on only one end of the field and not allowed to paddle through the play??

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Wasn't it Texas that got the Big12 to outlaw noisemakers and make an exception for the paddle people only because they would be on only one end of the field and not allowed to paddle through the play??
Not even that. Once the ball is set, they have to stop paddling. Meaning the other team may not even be at the LOS and they have to stop paddling, all because of Texas and Mack Brown.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Anyone else remember the "barriers" Mack used to bring so they wouldn't be hurt by the mean words coming from the crowd behind them?? With Texas and the noisemakers and Nebraska with the "visitors", we sure had some crybabies at the top of the conference for a while there...

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Not even that. Once the ball is set, they have to stop paddling. Meaning the other team may not even be at the LOS and they have to stop paddling, all because of Texas and Mack Brown.
And yet, the Texas band played right up to the snap when OSU was on offense.