Should he stay or should he go?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
From all signs, he is staying to play football. With a certain future in baseball and little hope for a football career, I can't see it making any sense, but what do I know.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
For the sake of conversation, would a team take him that high just to send him back to risk injury? Or do you suppose he goes a little lower with this option?
I think he plays 1 year with an insurance policy and maybe get his sign bonus when he shows up in spring. I doubt he goes high enough to give up the opportunity to start at a top 5 football program

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
From all signs, he is staying to play football. With a certain future in baseball and little hope for a football career, I can't see it making any sense, but what do I know.
Allegiances aside, if you like college and love sport in general, I can see stayin. However, if your goal is to have a long professional career, wouldn't one want to strike while the irons hot and focus on your goal while you're at your peak physically?
I just hope his "inner circle", as knowledgeable as it is, is leaving the important part of the decision up to him.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
If I was a MLB team, I wouldn't waste a pick unless he nixed football. He's a small dude, even less than the 5'11" 190 he's listed. One hit from a Power 5 DE could be a disaster.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
There is plenty of precedence for a kid to get drafted and play football in the fall and report to his rookie club the following season. Surely he'll get an insurance policy to cover for injury but if he really wants to play football then he'll play That's all there is to it.