Shine and Sima both going pro

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
If you're getting paid, you're a pro. They never said "going to the NBA." Making assumptions is only the fault of the assuming party.
Mostly I was just being a smart ***. But I would add if you have to have another job off season it's... semi pro.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
It seems to like schools should catch a break regarding APR when coaching changes are the primary reason guys are transferring.
As long as they are continuing their pursuit of a degree, I don't think it should hurt you anyway. Only if they just drop out.

The point is to keep the focus on encouraging student athletes to pursue a degree. If a kid spends 2 years at AU and 2 years at BU and graduates, what's the problem?

BTW, this may be just a snobbish American attitude but going pro in Europe is still going

1523105257655.jpg

pro.

It's a little like going to Olive Garden and claiming you went to Italy.

But hey, as long as they are happy I'm glad it's working out for them.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
Mostly I was just being a smart ***. But I would add if you have to have another job off season it's... semi pro.
Lebron is an actor. Westbrook is a fashion designer. I guess these guys are semipro