Shine and Sima both going pro

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
@[B]mark_cooperjr[/B]
FollowingFollowing @mark_cooperjr
More
NEWS: #OKState Yankuba Sima and G Tavarius Shine will both forego their final seasons of eligibility to pursue pro careers. Story link coming in a minute.
5:19 PM - 2 Apr 2018

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
True bot he'll make a lot more than coming back to OSU...everybody has a different path. I'll miss Shine way more. Good luck to both
I thought he'd make a ton of progress next year here. He was probably always just going to be an overseas pro player anyway so I guess it's probably a good decision for him. I figured that it was a 0% chance that Shine was coming back.

Sep 20, 2017
Texas
Sima would have done himself a ton of good by staying another year. He made some pretty nice improvements on his offensive game I thought. But, to each their own. We needed Sima.

wook

Deputy
Jun 23, 2005
Shine and Sima would have played important roles next year, but looking on the bright side, it gives Boynton and his staff a chance to go get better players. Graduate transfers, foreign players and the JUCO ranks could yield some good talent. Keep your fingers crossed. I have faith in this coaching staff.

Jul 8, 2006
norman
This is nuts, neither one will make the Nba much less G league. One more year would have benefited them both, especially Sima

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
This is nuts, neither one will make the Nba much less G league. One more year would have benefited them both, especially Sima
They are playing overseas. Can you read? Nobody in their right mind thinks they are playing pro ball in the U.S. alot of people forget a solid college player..many can play some pro ball overseas. Not all but whole lot more.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Going pro in something other than sports?

I don’t get it. Neither are developed enough to make a roster spot in the NBA. The G-League doesn’t pay well. After bills, probably be better off on scholarship. Sure you could go over seas, and make enough to live, maybe put a little away. - That’s if you’re special. Get your degree while it’s paid for then go get paid. It’s a numbers game that favors the few.

That said, I wish them the best and hope they prove me wrong and are great representatives of this university.