Sessions resigns

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
He was a US Attorney from 2005 to 2009. He was appointed by Bush and resigned in 2009 when Obama replaced him.

Your Senate confirmation does not last forever. His Senate confirmation ended when he resigned in 2009
Well now your changing your story. First it was he must have been confirmed for some previous position to now he must be in an active position for which he was confirmed by the Senate? So which is it?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Well now your changing your story. First it was he must have been confirmed for some previous position to now he must be in an active position for which he was confirmed by the Senate? So which is it?
No clue. Nap said it may be illegal for Trump to put him in that position. Nap knows a hell of a lot more than I do about it. So I respect what he says. There is a very real question about the legality of this move

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Per Andrew Napolitano on Fox News he said that Whitiker appointment may be illegal.

He said by Law the person running the DOJ must have been someone approved by the Senate for some previous position before they can be put in charge of the DOJ...even in an interim post

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-attorney-general_us_5be3b528e4b0dbe871a69269
Well, maybe it will go to the Supreme Court?

Supreme court rules against Obama on recess appointments

Justices say president overstepped constitutional powers when he appointed government posts without Senate confirmation

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2014/jun/26/supreme-court-rules-against-obama-recess-appointments

Sep 13, 2013
Left field
In other words, you don't think it was obstruction or a constitutional crisis. Thank you for proving my point.
He was a US Attorney from 2005 to 2009. He was appointed by Bush and resigned in 2009 when Obama replaced him.

Your Senate confirmation does not last forever. His Senate confirmation ended when he resigned in 2009
My understanding is that
So if I understand you correctly, your logic is that no indictments are proof that obstruction of justice didn't occur. You continue to prove my point.
And you prove my point your Honor. No indictments no obstruction. This Trump hand is still playing out. But his best ever campaign members are being indicted regularly.

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
My understanding is that

And you prove my point your Honor. No indictments no obstruction. This Trump hand is still playing out. But his best ever campaign members are being indicted regularly.
No you continue to prove my point. If his people are getting indicted then he's obviously not doing a good job of obstructing justice. It seems you don't understand the concept of what we're discussing here.

Sep 13, 2013
Left field
No you continue to prove my point. If his people are getting indicted then he's obviously not doing a good job of obstructing justice. It seems you don't understand the concept of what we're discussing here.
Indictments equal guilt. If you think the FBI are through with indictments you may be in for a rude awakening. This is still playing out. The obvious Presidential obstruction will intensify the closer they get to his family. Imho it started yesterday when he replaced the attorney general with a lackey. We'll see......