Sessions resigns

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
The consequences here are quite possibly a Constitutional crisis.
Lol!! "Constitutional crisis" is the battle cry of people who don't like what's happening. The stock market doesn't agree there's a "crisis" looming post election. Real buying institutional and individual indicates relief that the big news was there wasn't any big news. That money's been sitting on the sidelines since the declines waiting for positive news.

Same old tired dog whistles. You lefties need some new material.

SCOTUS = winning

Last edited:

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Lol!! "Constitutional crisis" is the battle cry of people who don't like what's happening. The stock market doesn't agree there's a "crisis" looming post election. Real buying institutional and individual indicates relief that the big news was there wasn't any big news. That money's been sitting on the sidelines since the declines waiting for positive news.

Same old tired dog whistles. You lefties need some new material.

SCOTUS = winning
Sorry dufus, but what does the market have to do with the Constitution? Really lame!

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Guess you must have loved the Nixon administration, I'd prefer not to go down that road again. But by all means necessary MAGA.
Lol, that's rich coming off the most incompetent presidency ever. You must have loved his "new normal" economy. Except it wasn't normal, it was all he was capable of accomplishing. Loving my stocks for the past two years. You?

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Rosenstein is out, and Whitaker takes over the investigation.
Lol, that's rich coming off the most incompetent presidency ever. You must have loved his "new normal" economy. Except it wasn't normal, it was all he was capable of accomplishing. Loving my stocks for the past two years. You?
Yes, but loved them during Clinton administration too, how bout you?

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Rosenstein is out, and Whitaker takes over the investigation.

Yes, but loved them during Clinton administration too, how bout you?
Dot com bubble? Avoided it like the plague. Did well on midcaps and growth. Appreciated the good years. Unlike you, I'm not such a partisan hack to admit it.

Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
This whole Sessions saga is very puzzling. He was one of the first and perhaps most prominent Washington insider (not to mention a sitting Senator) to jump on the Trump train and was rewarded with his dream job (at least that's what I've seen he has said in print) of AG. Then he immediately recuses himself from anything "Russian". Why he did this is the most puzzling part of the puzzle. Rosenstein, Mueller and others much more deeply involved in the Russian attempts at subverting our elections and/or the subsequent CIA, FBI and DOJ response thereto by starting the Trump "investigations" didn't recuse themselves. Most bureaucrats don't even consider recusal no matter the need for it until they are dragged kicking and screaming to that point. And I think that's where Sessions naivety and allegiance to the "good ole boy system" came into play. He was so worried about his reputation and "doing the right thing" that he essentially hung Trump out to dry. Surely after going through the campaign and experiencing all the rhetoric from the Dems and the MSM he could see the writing on the wall that they were out to get "his" President. And surely he's smart enough to realize his recusal would cause difficulty down the road for the President given this "climate" and division in our political parties. What the hell was he thinking???

Sessions made his choice and is reaping the seeds he himself has sown.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
This is clearly obstruction.
The consequences here are quite possibly a Constitutional crisis.
Do you understand the meaning of the words "clearly" and "crisis"? If I can paraphrase Inigo Montoya; "You keep using those words, I don't think they mean what you think they mean".

Supreme stacked Court
Liberal Logic 101
Having constitutionalists on the Supreme Court is a constitutional crisis.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Do you understand the meaning of the words "clearly" and "crisis"? If I can paraphrase Inigo Montoya; "You keep using those words, I don't think they mean what you think they mean".

Liberal Logic 101
Having constitutionalists on the Supreme Court is a constitutional crisis.
The President just fired the Attorney General, ignored FBI rules and skipped elevating Rosenstein to the position, then puts in his acting Attorney General Mathew Whitaker who while working for CNN as an analyst spoke against the Mueller investigation and how to eliminate or starve the special prosecutor. The intent of all this sure seems clear to me: obstruction of justice. Kavanaugh may be a Constitutionalist but he is also the only candidate that believed the Potus should be pretty much above the law while in office and has powers that exceed traditions. I suspect that from your comments you do not believe in true justice and that the Potus should be be able to end a special prosecutor investigating himself and his team, and choose who will more than likely be the deciding factor the Supreme Court. Nothing to see here move along. MAGA all hail Trump most presidential President and the best ever!