seems to me oSu is loaded for fall ...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
with great skill at running back and receiver plus a solid young quarterback. am i missing something or are the pokes a likely favorite to win the b12? i always find texas overrated and wonder about ou coming with a new quarterback after what i saw from them last year in manhattan and the cfp.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Pokes also have key returnees on online and the defense overall best players. This is our best chance since 2010 and 11 for a conference championship. I fully expect us to get our second in the decade. Go Pokes!!

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Kinda hard for me to dismiss OU when all they’ve done is dominated the league 5 yrs straight. OU returns 8 starters on defense, and return their entire OL and most of their skill players except Ceedee Lamb. Even though they’ll have a green QB, they also have Lincoln Riley, which all he does is scheme his players wide open and we’ve yet to figure out how to slow down his offense since he’s been in Norman. This can be either 2011 or 2017.

I expect OU to be the preseason favorite based on reputation. Hopefully we make it to Arlington.

Last edited:

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Kinda hard for me to dismiss OU when all they’ve done is dominated the league 5 yrs straight. OU returns 8 starters on defense, and return their entire OL and most of their skill players except Ceedee Lamb. Even though they’ll have a green QB, they also have Lincoln Riley, which all he does is scheme his players wide open and we’ve yet to figure out how to slow down his offense since he’s been in Norman. This can be either 2011 or 2017.

I expect OU to be the preseason favorite based on reputation. Hopefully we make it to Arlington.
Let's face it, KU to win the conference in basketball, OU in football and us in wrestling until proven otherwise.

Oct 30, 2007
Oklahoma State is the second highest ranked Big 12 team in several preseason polls. With the Texas game at home, we should go into the season favored to win 11 of our 12 games. This season feels really important for our program. Anything short of double digit wins and a berth in the conference championship game will be a disappointment.

Fly

Wrangler
Jan 10, 2020
Edmond
If Sanders hasn’t made huge strides this team will be struggle. Starring down receivers and throwing the ball to the wrong team have to be corrected for Pokes to have a championship type season.

Dec 21, 2008
I have faith Dunn will be a MUCH better OC. I’ve interacted with him many times and he is a no nonsense, get your sh*t right kind of guy. Not much joking. Very big time fundamentalist. He holds. Very high standard, probably the highest of any coach and demands his kids to get there by process. Dunn will help SS succeed. Dunn has put in a LOT of work and is primed to turn this OC position into a future HC position. The dude is legit! Hopefully they have success and he can take over for Mike in the next few years

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I have faith Dunn will be a MUCH better OC. I’ve interacted with him many times and he is a no nonsense, get your sh*t right kind of guy. Not much joking. Very big time fundamentalist. He holds. Very high standard, probably the highest of any coach and demands his kids to get there by process. Dunn will help SS succeed. Dunn has put in a LOT of work and is primed to turn this OC position into a future HC position. The dude is legit! Hopefully they have success and he can take over for Mike in the next few years
Don’t underestimate the impact of Tim Rattay. I believe he will be a major reason SS takes a giant leap forward this year!

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Don’t underestimate the impact of Tim Rattay. I believe he will be a major reason SS takes a giant leap forward this year!
Honestly a coup of a hire. People are pretty gung ho on Dunn, and he earned it, but Rattay brings serious pedigree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PontiacPoke717

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX

Holding 0u to 31 should have been a W for us. Offense laid a huge turd and we couldn't get any of the little things to go our way when we needed too.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Holding 0u to 31 should have been a W for us. Offense laid a huge turd and we couldn't get any of the little things to go our way when we needed too.
Don’t know what year that was but we held them to 34 last year, and likely should’ve been worse. Offense was never going to win that game with Dru Brown. He’s a great teammate, but lack the talent to compete at the P5 level IMO.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
I don’t think anyone questions his attitude or the standard he holds himself to.

The question is whether he can call plays without a script, make adjustments on the fly, turn situational downs and distances into winning play calls most of the time, etc.

He’s never been asked to do these things throughout an entire season. In fact, he’s only called a single, scripted drive against a bad Oregon State defense.

I’m not saying he isn’t capable. I have no idea. I hope he is. But I don’t think it’s a certainty.