SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
(NR) Baylor defeats (NR) Vanderbilt

(NR) Oklahoma State defeats (23) Missouri

(15) Texas defeats (5) Georgia

(1) Alabama survives (4) Oklahoma

BIG 12 goes 3 - 1 against the sec...

Someone needed to post this!

As of games played through New Years Day Sagarin has Oklahoma State ranked #4 in the Big 12 Conference and #30 overall (the highest ranked team with 6 or more losses on the season).

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I don’t know about Bama “surviving” Oklahoma. They smashed OU and then sleep walked to victory. And I’d put an asterisk next to the UGA game. I question how much they cared about that game.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
I don’t know about Bama “surviving” Oklahoma. They smashed OU and then sleep walked to victory. And I’d put an asterisk next to the UGA game. I question how much they cared about that game.
That's on them if they didn't care enough. The scoreboard doesn't care about a team's desire to be in any particular game.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Or Texas was just better.

Stop watching SEC television.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I didn’t say UT didn’t deserve the win and UGA didn’t deserve the loss. But I stand by what I said. Reminds me of the 2014 Sugar Bowl when Bama was coming off the emotional loss to Auburn to knock them out of BCS title contention. They clearly weren’t motivated in that game like they were for every other game that year. Is it on UGA for not being up for that one? Of course, UT owes nobody an apology. But if you guys think UGA and UT were playing in one of the semifinal games and things don’t play out differently you are fooling yourselves.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
So you're one of the ones that buy into that BS narrative? It was all, Georgia will totally crush Texas to send a message before that game, now it's aww they didn't care anyway, that game was below them. Must be nice to have people making excuses for you no matter how things turn out. Win/win.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
I didn’t say UT didn’t deserve the win and UGA didn’t deserve the loss. But I stand by what I said. Reminds me of the 2014 Sugar Bowl when Bama was coming off the emotional loss to Auburn to knock them out of BCS title contention. They clearly weren’t motivated in that game like they were for every other game that year. Is it on UGA for not being up for that one? Of course, UT owes nobody an apology. But if you guys think UGA and UT were playing in one of the semifinal games and things don’t play out differently you are fooling yourselves.
Making excuses for a team not being proud enough or motivated enough to show up for a NY6 game is just sour grapes talking. If uga didn't care enough to try, then they ain't much of a team.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Sounds like the only one fooling themselves on here is you buying into that SEC propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
This is the very definition of cognitive dissonance. Georgia didn’t want to win after all = sour grapes.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
Georgia felt they got shafted out of the CFP. Even Herbie was lobbying for their inclusion. They were hoping to make an emphatic statement that they belonged, at least according to their fans. Their coach also alluded to it.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Georgia felt they got shafted out of the CFP. Even Herbie was lobbying for their inclusion. They were hoping to make an emphatic statement that they belonged, at least according to their fans. Their coach also alluded to it.
They just weren't very good.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
It all goes back to QB play. Fromm was good on two series (and they scored TDs). The rest of the game he stunk.

Kind of like our season with Corndog- when he was good, we were Top 25 good. When he was off . . . TCU, KSU and Baylor say "thanks"

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It all goes back to QB play. Fromm was good on two series (and they scored TDs). The rest of the game he stunk.

Kind of like our season with Corndog- when he was good, we were Top 25 good. When he was off . . . TCU, KSU and Baylor say "thanks"
Yep, good OSU would have also beat Georgia yesterday. IMHO, the SEC wasn't very good...they play too many scrubs in and out of conference and don't have to play everyone every year. It's just not nearly as great of a conference as everyone seems to believe due to their hype. Certainly in terms of fan base excitement and venues it's the best...oh and in terms of hype. Otherwise I think it's vastly overrated.