Seasonal Jobs with the National Forest

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 18, 2010
Virginia, MN
www.facebook.com
Hey All, I work for the Superior National Forest in Northeastern MN. I am an OSU grad and will be responsible for hiring up to 12 seasonal Timber Sale Prep positions. The Forest has an outreach for dozens of additional seasonal positions that will be available to apply for in the next couple of weeks. Anyone with a natural resources or agriculture background looking for a fun and interesting job should take a look at these. Any questions, feel free to PM me or ask in this thread!

I have also attached the outreaches that detail ALL of the opportunities on the Superior as well as the Lake States Forests. Please feel free to send them to whoever may be interested, current students, alumni, folks looking for a unique experience, whoever! We need good hardworking people who want to work in a beautiful part of the country for the summer.

Also, depending on the job and location, sometimes housing is available, so don't let that deter you!

FORESTRY TECHNICIAN (TIMBER SALE PREPARATION)
Applicant serves as a member of the district’s sale preparation crew. Duties include: stand layout, timber cruising and marking, mapping and aerial photography interpretation and production, and other forestry work. This work will be physically demanding. Applicant will possibly be exposed to the elements, including rain, snow, wind, cold, heat, bugs, dense vegetation, and others. Applicant will function as part of a crew to accomplish West Zone Timber Sales.
Series and Grade: GS-0462 -5 Vacancy Announcement.: 14-TEMP110907-017297JT-DT

FORESTRY TECHNICIAN (TIMBER SALE PREPARATION)
Applicant serves as a member of the district’s sale preparation crew. Duties include: marking trees in timber sale units, flagging or painting timber unit boundaries, using Global Position System (GPS) to record unit boundaries and other unit features, and other forestry work. This work will be physically demanding. Applicant will possibly be exposed to the elements, including rain, snow, wind, cold, heat, bugs, dense vegetation, and others. Applicant will function as part of a crew to accomplish West Zone Timber Sales.
Series and Grade: GS-462-4 Vacancy Announcement: 14-TEMP110909-017570LS-DT

Attachments