Season predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
OU wins big 12

Rattler and ehlinger will be qb1 and qb2 all big 12 (Rattler OPOY)

Ou as a team will have more pass and rush yards than Osu as a team

Big 12 will have three teams in the top 15 in december

Ou and texas will be in the big 12 ccg, with osu being 1 game behind texas because of a loss to baylor

Nobody will be undefeated

Big 12 will have two players in the top 5 of heisman voting

The top wr in the big 12 in 2020 will not have been in the top 10 of wrs in 2019

kansas goes winless

OU will have a defensive all american
Smart for Gundy to put in Shane otherwise Pukes season is over with first game. 14 min left in game, Pukes up 10-7. Not sure how OSU is ranked 11th LOL!
It won’t last long that’s for sure. Tulsa is a team the backups should be able to easily beat

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
It won’t last long that’s for sure. Tulsa is a team the backups should be able to easily beat
You guys have some OL you can spare??....our guys are complete ass outside of the left side!! We're in some deep sh** with our OL play!!
Yeah that’s going to really hurt when they start playing teams with real talent on the line

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
And you still think sanders will have a better season than Rattler? It's not just about being the better qb, but qbs are dependent on the line, and skill guys to show up too.
Sanders has played one whole series of football this year. I have no idea if/when he'll be back and at full strength.

Rattler tore up an FCS team that Cornholio also destroyed two years ago.

Hard to tell who will be better at this point. I know you like Rattler best because he goes to OU and was a 5 star recruit. Hang on to that for now. We might have to roll with Illingsworth who is was a 4 star recruit and is a true freshman. You might have to rephrase your question in a week or so.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Sanders has played one whole series of football this year. I have no idea if/when he'll be back and at full strength.

Rattler tore up an FCS team that Cornholio also destroyed two years ago.

Hard to tell who will be better at this point. I know you like Rattler best because he goes to OU and was a 5 star recruit. Hang on to that for now. We might have to roll with Illingsworth who is was a 4 star recruit and is a true freshman. You might have to rephrase your question in a week or so.

Yes, i know he played one series.

Yes, Rattler indeed tore up his opponent. As expected.

Hard for you perhaps, but i know who will be better. And i'm willing to put $ on it. But none of you feel nearly confident enough to do that. That's telling. I think he's better based on what I have seen him do, not because he's an OU player. I dont think he's the best qb in the country by any means, it's not blindness by fanhood . but there's no doubt that he's better than spencer sanders. if they have to roll with their backup, osu will have a very bad season and will probably lose by a ton of points to OU. It wouldnt be much of a game.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Yes, i know he played one series.

Yes, Rattler indeed tore up his opponent. As expected.

Hard for you perhaps, but i know who will be better. And i'm willing to put $ on it. But none of you feel nearly confident enough to do that. That's telling. I think he's better based on what I have seen him do, not because he's an OU player. I dont think he's the best qb in the country by any means, it's not blindness by fanhood . but there's no doubt that he's better than spencer sanders. if they have to roll with their backup, osu will have a very bad season and will probably lose by a ton of points to OU. It wouldnt be much of a game.
You don't think we could salvage a season of Big 12 only play with Shane Illingsworth?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
You don't think we could salvage a season of Big 12 only play with Shane Illingsworth?
If you had asked me that before ksu, isu and osu played, i'd have said yeah, sure cause they have wallace and hubbard. Then i saw their oline. and you also have to remember tulsa went 2-6 in the AAC last year. They stink. They should have lost by 3 touchdowns this weekend and hubbard should have gotten more than the 200 yads that im sure he'd love to average this year. If lowly tulsa can keep him relatively corralled, i wonder what an actual good team would do. we'll see! but certainly cant see them placing 3rd in the big 12 behind him.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
If you had asked me that before ksu, isu and osu played, i'd have said yeah, sure cause they have wallace and hubbard. Then i saw their oline. and you also have to remember tulsa went 2-6 in the AAC last year. They stink. They should have lost by 3 touchdowns this weekend and hubbard should have gotten more than the 200 yads that im sure he'd love to average this year. If lowly tulsa can keep him relatively corralled, i wonder what an actual good team would do. we'll see! but certainly cant see them placing 3rd in the big 12 behind him.
We played Ethan Bullock the majority of the game and made an OL adjustment in the second half. It'll be interesting to see how the adjustment works out going forward. OL was a concern before the game as we lost three contributors before the start of the season.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
We played Ethan Bullock the majority of the game and made an OL adjustment in the second half. It'll be interesting to see how the adjustment works out going forward. OL was a concern before the game as we lost three contributors before the start of the season.
Bad oline play will hurt you. Bradford learned that lesson the hard way. Inexperienced freshman really learn it even harder. gundy really needs recruit better at qb, sanders' replacement should already be on campus but at the least be in the '21 class.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Bad oline play will hurt you. Bradford learned that lesson the hard way. Inexperienced freshman really learn it even harder. gundy really needs recruit better at qb, sanders' replacement should already be on campus but at the least be in the '21 class.
Sanders' replaced stepped up and saved the day. He damn near didn't even suit out because he hadn't been in quarantine for two weeks. And just think.. had Tulsa not begged for the reschedule, Illingworth would not have been avaible. He would have been watching in the quarantine apartment.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Sanders' replaced stepped up and saved the day. He damn near didn't even suit out because he hadn't been in quarantine for two weeks. And just think.. had Tulsa not begged for the reschedule, Illingworth would not have been avaible. He would have been watching in the quarantine apartment.
Oh if that's his replacement, then uhhhh... cool! But it seems for osu, getting the stars aligned like they do with sanders/hubbard/wallace is rare and this is the year. They had hubbard and wallace saturday though. And you know hubbard ran through tulsa's defense like hot butter last year. so either the oline really stinks or having sanders was a massive difference.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Oh if that's his replacement, then uhhhh... cool! But it seems for osu, getting the stars aligned like they do with sanders/hubbard/wallace is rare and this is the year. They had hubbard and wallace saturday though. And you know hubbard ran through tulsa's defense like hot butter last year. so either the oline really stinks or having sanders was a massive difference.
I don't think it's an "or" only scenario of problems. I think it's both. We went into the game with a patchwork OL that required more patchwork in the second half. A patchwork OL is easier to live with when you have a strong QB behind center. Sanders keeps defenses honest with his arm and his legs. In turn, that helps open up the run game.

Looks like Hubbard averaged 4ypc on Sanders' lone drive. Not great ypc, but not bad either. I'm confident this game looks a lot different if Sanders remained healthy. Maybe 17 to 24 point win. It's crazy what a bad QB can do with an average OL vs what a great QB can do with an average OL.

Lots of ball left. Lots to learn.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I don't think it's an "or" only scenario of problems. I think it's both. We went into the game with a patchwork OL that required more patchwork in the second half. A patchwork OL is easier to live with when you have a strong QB behind center. Sanders keeps defenses honest with his arm and his legs. In turn, that helps open up the run game.

Looks like Hubbard averaged 4ypc on Sanders' lone drive. Not great ypc, but not bad either. I'm confident this game looks a lot different if Sanders remained healthy. Maybe 17 to 24 point win. It's crazy what a bad QB can do with an average OL vs what a great QB can do with an average OL.

Lots of ball left. Lots to learn.
If this was a game vs kstate, a good excuse it would be. It's tulsa. We know what kind of recruiting they do. Most of those guys wouldnt even get a scholarship at osu. If the oline struggled to open it up for hubbard against all those 2 stars, I wonder how a wvu dline might operate next week. especially if they dont have to game plan for sanders.

I'd say anything less than 6 ypc is a disappointment for him. And really, he should be substantially better than a 6 ypc guy. I am sure if sanders is healthy the game is different, he's that much better than his backup. But this is practically the same tulsa team who won 2 games in the AAC last year. that's the kind of team you whip on a bad day.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
If this was a game vs kstate, a good excuse it would be. It's tulsa. We know what kind of recruiting they do. Most of those guys wouldnt even get a scholarship at osu. If the oline struggled to open it up for hubbard against all those 2 stars, I wonder how a wvu dline might operate next week. especially if they dont have to game plan for sanders.

I'd say anything less than 6 ypc is a disappointment for him. And really, he should be substantially better than a 6 ypc guy. I am sure if sanders is healthy the game is different, he's that much better than his backup. But this is practically the same tulsa team who won 2 games in the AAC last year. that's the kind of team you whip on a bad day.
Meh.. I remember the run game struggled vs Central Mich the year the refs blew the call at the end. Gundy tends to go vanilla potato with the offense in these early games and we could hardly run the ball. The very next game, the run game got back to business as usual.

I suspect TU was a wake up call. You can keep telling me otherwise, but we'll know more next week.

And iirc, Zach Smith was the Baylor QB who torched OU a few years back. He didn't do as well against us Saturday.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/400934515

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Meh.. I remember the run game struggled vs Central Mich the year the refs blew the call at the end. Gundy tends to go vanilla potato with the offense in these early games and we could hardly run the ball. The very next game, the run game got back to business as usual.

I suspect TU was a wake up call. You can keep telling me otherwise, but we'll know more next week.

And iirc, Zach Smith was the Baylor QB who torched OU a few years back. He didn't do as well against us Saturday.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/400934515
Yeah. Who didn’t torch OU a couple years ago?

We will certainly be much more Informed when they play West Virginia that’s for sure