Season predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
oh, I get it. Please forgive for my lapse in not dragging our mantra of “We Got Cheated”. Never mind that neither our RB touted for a Heisman and Belitnicof shoo in could break 75 yards in total carries. Our best in the country Defense fiolder like a cheap suitcase.

Disappointment is normal but enough with the excuses and What Ifs. We got outplayed, out coached and humiliated. Please just stop.
Ok, sock.

Read my last post if context is important to you at all. Or just keep up the sock act. Not one person believes you.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
For sure, though I wouldn’t want a slashing of the Osu defense to be the mitigating factor determining which rb is better. It could be worth noting that they held Stevensons to his lowest yards per carry output (5.4) last night. Which actually made him look like a normal running back instead of the 8 yards per Carry maniac he had been.

I like to think about having Stevenson and Perkins all year long and what OUs record would be if they were not suspended this season
Perkins is a beast and also a jerk.
Yep. He’ll have that same fire in the nfl

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
OSU’s defense had our counter runs eaten up. They went to a straight ahead running approach in the second half and it worked. It’s hard to run when you got guys in your face all the time. No matter how good you are.

Ask Chuba about that.

Stevenson got his last night. All of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Over half his yards came in the 4th quarter on dive plays designed to chew clock. Don’t church it up.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I've seen backup RBs with a good ypc average in a reserve role. Jeremy Smith comes to mind at OSU. Those carries come when defenses are not keying in on the RB1 since he's off the field, so they catch the defense by surprise. That, and they pad stats in garbage time. If this guy was really that great, he'd have taken over RB1 last year since Football Jesus coaches at OU and y'all have said he does no wrong.

Pretty hilarious you brilliant football minds think he's better than Breece Hall.
Rhamondre had 195 total yards against y’all’s defense tonight.

Breece Hall had 192.

I dunno, Toker. We might have an argument here.

For sure, though I wouldn’t want a slashing of the Osu defense to be the mitigating factor determining which rb is better. It could be worth noting that they held Stevensons to his lowest yards per carry output (5.4) last night. Which actually made him look like a normal running back instead of the 8 yards per Carry maniac he had been.

I like to think about having Stevenson and Perkins all year long and what OUs record would be if they were not suspended this season
Wasn’t as impressed with Stevenson but Perkins is a beast. One of the most dominant defensive players I’ve seen.

Stevenson got his, his best game of the season. Now the real challenge will be a solid defense in wvu. I believe they’re the #1 pass D in the country. Like that’ll matter

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
OSU’s defense had our counter runs eaten up. They went to a straight ahead running approach in the second half and it worked. It’s hard to run when you got guys in your face all the time. No matter how good you are.

Ask Chuba about that.

Stevenson got his last night. All of it.

Over half his yards came in the 4th quarter on dive plays designed to chew clock. Don’t church it up.
What else are you supposed to do when you’re in the second half of the game and you’re up by two scores?

Run. The. Ball.

He ran.. the.. ball.

Soonerme78

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 12, 2009
witless:

You're deflecting again.

The Sooners aren't a finished product BUT probably are almost on schedule.

Contrastingly - pukes are terrible. HC, DC & OC - are terrible. QBs are terrible. OL is terrible. Chewby is counterfeit to the CORE. (I like the heart of some of the defenders. It's a shame they landed in stoolvater.) Stoner is a gamer. There's probably a few that could play for me. Malcolm Rodriguez didn't get his ass kicked.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
What else are you supposed to do when you’re in the second half of the game and you’re up by two scores?

Run. The. Ball.

He ran.. the.. ball.

And it didn’t start working well until the 4th quarter where he more than doubled his yards. If OSU had offense that worked, they’d keep the defense fresh and put OU in more passing situations. It took Stevenson to start busting his big runs when are D was less on E and the game was in hand.

You know this is what happened.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
In fact, it’s really easy. Had Stevenson ran away from us well before the 4th quartet, I’d say y’all were right. He was working though and your offense was stalled on the middle of the game. You had the ref aided 21 in the first quarter and then stymied for two quarters. Once you ge defense ran out of the gas Stevenson got to play like he was playing KU at full strength.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
witless:

You're deflecting again.

The Sooners aren't a finished product BUT probably are almost on schedule.

Contrastingly - pukes are terrible. HC, DC & OC - are terrible. QBs are terrible. OL is terrible. Chewby is counterfeit to the CORE. (I like the heart of some of the defenders. It's a shame they landed in stoolvater.) Stoner is a gamer. There's probably a few that could play for me. Malcolm Rodriguez didn't get his ass kicked.
I really shouldn’t make fun of the mentally handicapped, but I’ll just say this is cute. It’s amazing you can turn on a computer and make it work I’m your mental state.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
oh, I get it. Please forgive for my lapse in not dragging our mantra of “We Got Cheated”. Never mind that neither our RB touted for a Heisman and Belitnicof shoo in could break 75 yards in total carries. Our best in the country Defense fiolder like a cheap suitcase.

Disappointment is normal but enough with the excuses and What Ifs. We got outplayed, out coached and humiliated. Please just stop.
I havent read all the comments, but punting back to OU with 7 minutes left from the 40???

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
In fact, it’s really easy. Had Stevenson ran away from us well before the 4th quartet, I’d say y’all were right. He was working though and your offense was stalled on the middle of the game. You had the ref aided 21 in the first quarter and then stymied for two quarters. Once you ge defense ran out of the gas Stevenson got to play like he was playing KU at full strength.
That was still your defense that got torched.

Football games are 60 minutes long.

Your excuses are invalid.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
And don’t play the ref card. We gift wrapped you six first downs and a touchdown with stupid defensive penalties.

You came out ahead as far as penalties are concerned.

And it’s not my fault you can’t figure out to run the ball when you got 1st and goal at the two. Jesus Christ on a cracker....

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
In fact, it’s really easy. Had Stevenson ran away from us well before the 4th quartet, I’d say y’all were right. He was working though and your offense was stalled on the middle of the game. You had the ref aided 21 in the first quarter and then stymied for two quarters.
I think OU had their way and did what they wanted, and Osu made a few stops, as expected. I bet West Virginia defense will give them more of a battle though.

It’s funny because the only touchdown Osuhad all night was essentially gift wrapped to them by Penalties.

Once you ge defense ran out of the gas Stevenson got to play like he was playing KU at full strength.
That’s kind of the point of having a powerful 240 lb running back. You just keep pounding and pounding until they wear the defense down. Almost like it’s a strategy or something.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
And don’t play the ref card. We gift wrapped you six first downs and a touchdown with stupid defensive penalties.

You came out ahead as far as penalties are concerned.

And it’s not my fault you can’t figure out to run the ball when you got 1st and goal at the two. Jesus Christ on a cracker....

You need to calm down and read my posts. I clearly stated that the refs started giving us opportunities and we didn't take advantage of them. After the refs made it square on their end, our defense gave our offense plenty of opportunity to go score the old fashioned, earned way. They couldn't do it.

I no way, am I blaming the refs. I'm calling like I see if and I've done both ways.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
That’s kind of the point of having a powerful 240 lb running back. You just keep pounding and pounding until they wear the defense down. Almost like it’s a strategy or something.
And it finally paid off late when then game was clearly far out of reach. That's much different than Breece Halls' performance against us. He consistently ran on us all day. Thankfully, our offense had some what of a pulse that day and did their part for the defense. Breece could've gone for 300+ if the offense played the way they did against OU, but they didn't.

Again.. My predictions are well documented. I didn't trust our OL to protect a struggling QB. I said if the offense put the defense back on the field over and over because they couldn't sustain drives, the defense would wear down and Stevenson would breakout. That had happened in the second half. We could not move the ball and keep our defense off the field long enough. They played way too many snaps, but had held Stevenson in check until the late in the game. Look at those plays he broke. They were simple dives designed for 5 yards and a cloud of dust. We had ate up the complex schemes all night on the ground until the defense was done. It's a shame the OL is down 6 players form the start of camp. I would have liked to have seen another Bedlam slug fests. Getting owned on offense is not fun.

If I had nickel for every time I was right on here..

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
That was still your defense that got torched.

Football games are 60 minutes long.

Your excuses are invalid.

See above. Breece Hall ran on us all game. He's the one who started this chatter from y'all.

I agreed football games are 60min, but I'd be more impressed if Stevenson was torching us on the ground all game like Breece Hall did. We bottled him up for most of the game though. He gets credit for torching up a gassed defense the same way he gets credit for getting stopped by a fresh defense for 3 quarters.

These are all facts, but facts are something you struggle with. So, I'm not surprised to see them go over your head like they are right now.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
witless: You're defending the indefensible - the true essence of aggiedom. Even one as worthless as you deserves better.
witless:

How many years have you suffered with the pukes?

Do you get a merit badge for half a century of insanity?

Haven't you signalled enough "virtue"?
Virtue signaling is a liberal calling on your end with David Boren.