Season predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Onto the Alamo Bowl baby.....maybe we'll play USC or Oregon. Give OU credit...OU had the better team....Our offense is ass and defense tried, but wore down.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Wow. It's like nobody else ran on these two teams all season until OU did it. Check out these rush defense game logs. It wasn't ever the OL. It was no Stevenson. :derp:

#72 Ranked Rush Defense Texas Tech
http://cfbstats.com/2020/team/700/rushing/defense/gamelog.html

#103 Ranked Rush Defense KU
http://cfbstats.com/2020/team/328/rushing/defense/gamelog.html
Hey Whit?

Wanna guess who Stevenson put up the most yards on?

Kansas, Texas Tech or Oklahoma State.

Come on guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soonerme78

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 12, 2009
Delusion, denial and dumb. These are the "Kool-Aid" that the orange fan base survives on. Never met a puke that didn't know the words to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and "Tomorrow".

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
You watched the game. He was held in check through 3 quarters. Half his yards came in the 4th quarter when our D was gassed having been on the field all second half.

congrats for finally coming alive in the 4th quarter. Took him all game to start doing anything.
Actually he didn’t have to do much. They yanked our pants down and blistered our butts on national tv in the first 9 minutes. As usual, our mouths were writing checks our a$$es couldn’t cash. I’m as guilty as every Poke fan because I drank the Kool Aid too only to be embarrassed again.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
That defense is really solid if the offense could bail them out occasionally. The power running game finally wore them down because the offense couldn’t sustain a drive.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I've seen backup RBs with a good ypc average in a reserve role. Jeremy Smith comes to mind at OSU. Those carries come when defenses are not keying in on the RB1 since he's off the field, so they catch the defense by surprise. That, and they pad stats in garbage time. If this guy was really that great, he'd have taken over RB1 last year since Football Jesus coaches at OU and y'all have said he does no wrong.

Pretty hilarious you brilliant football minds think he's better than Breece Hall.
Rhamondre had 195 total yards against y’all’s defense tonight.

Breece Hall had 192.

I dunno, Toker. We might have an argument here.

For sure, though I wouldn’t want a slashing of the Osu defense to be the mitigating factor determining which rb is better. It could be worth noting that they held Stevensons to his lowest yards per carry output (5.4) last night. Which actually made him look like a normal running back instead of the 8 yards per Carry maniac he had been.

I like to think about having Stevenson and Perkins all year long and what OUs record would be if they were not suspended this season

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
That defense is really solid if the offense could bail them out occasionally. The power running game finally wore them down because the offense couldn’t sustain a drive.

I guess this is what happens when the best offense you play all season is West Virginia and you start thinking you are better than you really are

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
For sure, though I wouldn’t want a slashing of the Osu defense to be the mitigating factor determining which rb is better. It could be worth noting that they held Stevensons to his lowest yards per carry output (5.4) last night. Which actually made him look like a normal running back instead of the 8 yards per Carry maniac he had been.

I like to think about having Stevenson and Perkins all year long and what OUs record would be if they were not suspended this season
Perkins is a beast and also a jerk.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Actually he didn’t have to do much. They yanked our pants down and blistered our butts on national tv in the first 9 minutes. As usual, our mouths were writing checks our a$$es couldn’t cash. I’m as guilty as every Poke fan because I drank the Kool Aid too only to be embarrassed again.
Ah, yes. The sock Poke.

The refs had a hand in all 3 of OU’s first 21 points. After that, the OSU defense gave the offense plenty of chances to make it a game in the second and third quarters. Could’ve easily been 27-21 at half with the ball thereafter, but we have no OL and two QBs that might be the worst in the last decade outside of Daxx Garman.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I've seen backup RBs with a good ypc average in a reserve role. Jeremy Smith comes to mind at OSU. Those carries come when defenses are not keying in on the RB1 since he's off the field, so they catch the defense by surprise. That, and they pad stats in garbage time. If this guy was really that great, he'd have taken over RB1 last year since Football Jesus coaches at OU and y'all have said he does no wrong.

Pretty hilarious you brilliant football minds think he's better than Breece Hall.
Rhamondre had 195 total yards against y’all’s defense tonight.

Breece Hall had 192.

I dunno, Toker. We might have an argument here.

Wasn’t as impressed with Stevenson but Perkins is a beast. One of the most dominant defensive players I’ve seen.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

Chasing the H underneath and around the corner all game played role too. That was brilliant game planning by Riley. Knowles never saw it coming and never could adjust to it.

The defense played Stevenson exactly as I predicted through 3 quarters. Their late failures against Stevenson fall on the offense.

I never knew Illingworth was so inaccurate on his long ball. He got worse as the game progressed. It’s a really bad look on Gundy to roll with him when Sanders was obviously healthy.

Sanders dad went off in some Facebook group that fans were trashing him in. So, we’ve got a fan base that doesn’t like SS and the head coach didn’t trust him to outplay a true freshman that couldn’t hit the broadside of the barn.

I am anticipating Sanders to stamp his ticket in the portal in the near future.

Dec 8, 2013
Houston
The refs were attached to the first 3 TDs. They settled in after 21-0 and gave the offense plenty of chances.

I quit after your fist bullet point. I can stand TG and Toke, but you’re the dumbest fan I’ve ever encountered anywhere. I haven’t ever blocked anyone on this site, but reading your posts hurts my brain.
I agree the 3rd TD, the interception call could have been reversed, but the Pokes D was pathetic in the first quarter. Thanks for the compliment by the way.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I agree the 3rd TD, the interception call could have been reversed, but the Pokes D was pathetic in the first quarter. Thanks for the compliment by the way.
The first TD was set up by a long catch and run by a Stevenson. Huge blown holding call on Drake vs Amen. The second TD was aided by a ticky tack have fight PI.

Not blaming the refs, we actually went on to get a few questionable calls that we didn’t take advantage of. Defense gave the offense chance after chance in the second and third.

Offense couldn’t get it done against OU. I’m confident OU could’ve played their front 7 vs our 11 on offense and still stopped us.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
The first TD was set up by a long catch and run by a Stevenson. Huge blown holding call on Drake vs Amen. The second TD was aided by a ticky tack have fight PI.

Not blaming the refs, we actually went on to get a few questionable calls that we didn’t take advantage of. Defense gave the offense chance after chance in the second and third.

Offense couldn’t get it done against OU. I’m confident OU could’ve played their front 7 vs our 11 on offense and still stopped us.
Parents and social media. A dangerous combination. Good thing William Sanders didn’t have twitter when Barry was sitting behind Thurman.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Ah, yes. The sock Poke.

The refs had a hand in all 3 of OU’s first 21 points. After that, the OSU defense gave the offense plenty of chances to make it a game in the second and third quarters. Could’ve easily been 27-21 at half with the ball thereafter, but we have no OL and two QBs that might be the worst in the last decade outside of Daxx Garman.
oh, I get it. Please forgive for my lapse in not dragging our mantra of “We Got Cheated”. Never mind that neither our RB touted for a Heisman and Belitnicof shoo in could break 75 yards in total carries. Our best in the country Defense fiolder like a cheap suitcase.

Disappointment is normal but enough with the excuses and What Ifs. We got outplayed, out coached and humiliated. Please just stop.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
OSU’s defense had our counter runs eaten up. They went to a straight ahead running approach in the second half and it worked. It’s hard to run when you got guys in your face all the time. No matter how good you are.

Ask Chuba about that.

Stevenson got his last night. All of it.