Season predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Whatever you want to call it, it happens every single year.

You guys need to move on already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even if we wanted to, we can’t afford two buyouts. Covid decimated the budget.
Y’all gave him a one year extension after a seven win season and a meaningless bowl win over Missouri.

Care to explain that one?

Soonerme78

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 12, 2009
Hey witless: I'll grant you that the team is pretty mediocre this year - even so - it's the best one on either side of the river but your program is now fully demonstrated to be congenitally defective (an immutable truth).

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Y’all gave him a one year extension after a seven win season and a meaningless bowl win over Missouri.

Care to explain that one?

No idea what you want to explain.
You guys need to get rid of him. And you’re on the hook for a while. And the last extension was virtually meaningless.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I've seen backup RBs with a good ypc average in a reserve role. Jeremy Smith comes to mind at OSU. Those carries come when defenses are not keying in on the RB1 since he's off the field, so they catch the defense by surprise. That, and they pad stats in garbage time. If this guy was really that great, he'd have taken over RB1 last year since Football Jesus coaches at OU and y'all have said he does no wrong.

Pretty hilarious you brilliant football minds think he's better than Breece Hall.
Rhamondre had 195 total yards against y’all’s defense tonight.

Breece Hall had 192.

I dunno, Toker. We might have an argument here.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
You’re not playing WVU or UT. Our offensive line is better. Our offensive coordinator is better. Our wideouts and H backs are better. Our quarterback is better. We got our best runningback going.

Oh... and our defense is better than WVU and UT’s.

Not sure what the “dumbass narrative” is about that. Every bit of it is true.

The dumb ass narrative is you think ISU's run game success and pass game failure is an indicator OU will go "full ham" on our defense. That's hilarious. Breece Hall is the best back in the conference and we've been defending the pass against good teams pretty well this year. You use one game as an indicator when we've had success against some of the other better offenses in the league. See WV and UT.

And no. Your offensive line is not the best.
http://cfbstats.com/2020/leader/25354/team/offense/split01/category01/sort01.html
http://cfbstats.com/2020/leader/25354/team/defense/split01/category20/sort01.html

Your defense is not better than WV
http://cfbstats.com/2020/leader/25354/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html
Hey Whit? Was that “full ham” or not?

I’ll let you decide.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

Breece Hall had 192.

You watched the game. He was held in check through 3 quarters. Half his yards came in the 4th quarter when our D was gassed having been on the field all second half.

congrats for finally coming alive in the 4th quarter. Took him all game to start doing anything.

Last edited:

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Talking big after watching that crap show. Let's examine the CURRENT situation:
1. Goons are running out the second best freshman qb in the state.
2. The goons have a cute little tendency to give up lots of points after halftime.
3. The goon kickers can't get it through the uprights, of course the Poke kicker hasn't missed this year.
4. What a crap show of turnovers.

Quit living in the past, your present is bleak but move to the present and embrace your techification.

I don’t think I have any questions to answer here

Soonerme78

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 12, 2009
Montgomery has never been accused of being the sharpest tool in the shed but it's pretty obvious to any one with any pigskin acumen that Brin would likely have chewed up the pukes.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Breece Hall had 192.

You watched the game. He was held in check through 3 quarters. Half his yards came in the 4th quarter when our D was gassed having been on the field all second half.

congrats for finally coming alive in the 4th quarter. Took him all game to start doing anything.
We changed the running scheme up after halftime to a one cut and thing instead of counters. It worked better against your front.

A football game is 60 minutes, pumpkin. Doesn’t matter when the yards occurred. Sorry we got a physical running back who will wear you down over the course of the game.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
We changed the running scheme up after halftime to a one cut and thing instead of counters. It worked better against your front.

A football game is 60 minutes, pumpkin. Doesn’t matter when the yards occurred. Sorry we got a physical running back who will wear you down over the course of the game.

I haven’t stated anything false. He had a great 4th quarter against a gassed defense in a game that was basically over.

The OSU defense gave the offense plenty of chances in the second and third quarters to make it a game. We have an OL on life support and QBs that aren’t half as good as Rattle is combined.

Any football fan with half a brain and watched the game knows I’m right.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
He had a great second half. OU had the ball five times. First was a three and out, next three were scoring opportunities or touchdowns, last was the kneel down.

Not sure what you’re trying to get over here

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Not against this offense. OSU just doesn’t have the qb to keep up. And their oline sucks& OU actually has a good defensive line.

Here’s something interesting to chew on-

In his career against Big 12 competition, Spencer Sanders has accounted for 16 touchdowns (14 passing, 2 rushing) vs. 19 turnovers (13 interceptions, 6 fumbles).
I'm aware of his stats, not interesting at all. But he is perfectly capable of doing anything Purdy and Thompson did to your sieve, and more. Chew on THAT.