Season predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
He certainly not at that level right now, but the potential is there, and in a Riley offense, you’ll always be put in a position to be that guy. But it’s hard to argue that he isn’t the class of the conference at the moment, and in the bigger picture, I would say he is a top 10 quarterback nationally.

He will be a Heisman contender next season for sure, and I bet having Caleb Williams on campus will push him to be even better. Thing about OSU, is even when they do have a really good quarterback, they don’t have another one waiting in the wings pushing him to be better. That could have been Illingworth this year.
Illingworth and Sanders will both be back next year. So, as it stands now, you are wrong.. again.
Wrong about what, specifically?

Are you under the impression that I said Sanders and illingworth will not be back next year? Or are you assuming I’ve made some other prediction about them?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Wrong about what, specifically?

Are you under the impression that I said Sanders and illingworth will not be back next year? Or are you assuming I’ve made some other prediction about them?
You said that could have been Illingworth this year. How is it not?

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Yep, Rattler is far and away the best qb in the conference. There’s only one poster on this site whoever won a bet against me, and he can corroborate the fact that I pay out. But hey, if you repeat a lie often enough, maybe it will just come true by magic. You know, kind of like how the coronavirus was supposed to disappear, like a miracle.
You welched when you lost on a technicality.. The proof is right here in this very forum.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
You said that could have been Illingworth this year. How is it not?
Because i said when osu has a real good qb they dont have another one waiting in the wings pushing him to get better. I dont see sanders getting better for 1, he plays like he knows gundy wont bench him. And illingworth doesnt really move the needle in the 'real good' dept. Sanders job is secure and not at risk due to subpar play. If Rattler shits the bed he knows Riley will be more than willing to pull him, even if it's in the middle of the biggest rivalry game they have. who knows, gundy may be forced to make such a move tomorrow.

You welched when you lost on a technicality.. The proof is right here in this very forum.
I never lost anything. We've went over this but since you keep forgetting
1. nobody ever took me up on any bet.
2. I never offered to pay anyone for a photoshop

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Because i said when osu has a real good qb they dont have another one waiting in the wings pushing him to get better. I dont see sanders getting better for 1, he plays like he knows gundy wont bench him. And illingworth doesnt really move the needle in the 'real good' dept. Sanders job is secure and not at risk due to subpar play. If Rattler shits the bed he knows Riley will be more than willing to pull him, even if it's in the middle of the biggest rivalry game they have. who knows, gundy may be forced to make such a move tomorrow.
I gotcha. I can see where you're coming from on that. Although, I disagree some. If Sanders goes turnover crazy in any game from here on out, we'll see Illingworth. And I do think that as time goes on, even this year, Illingworth will push Sanders. In fact, I think Illingworth will take the job early or in the middle of next year. JMO.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I gotcha. I can see where you're coming from on that. Although, I disagree some. If Sanders goes turnover crazy in any game from here on out, we'll see Illingworth. And I do think that as time goes on, even this year, Illingworth will push Sanders. In fact, I think Illingworth will take the job early or in the middle of next year. JMO.
Maybe you will get lucky and he will take the job from Sanders. He looked really great against Kansas, got to give him that, but who doesn’t look good against Kansas? At the same time your coach sees both in practice every day & he knows better than anyone who gives them the best chance of winning

At the same time, gundy doesn’t really have a hot seat, he basically has a job for life as long as he doesn’t commit any crimes on video. So he doesn’t have the same kind of pressure other coaches do to win.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Maybe you will get lucky and he will take the job from Sanders. He looked really great against Kansas, got to give him that, but who doesn’t look good against Kansas? At the same time your coach sees both in practice every day & he knows better than anyone who gives them the best chance of winning

At the same time, gundy doesn’t really have a hot seat, he basically has a job for life as long as he doesn’t commit any crimes on video. So he doesn’t have the same kind of pressure other coaches do to win.
None of that means Illingworth isn’t progressing or pushing Sanders at all. Dude has hardly been in the system.

Meanwhile, your upperclassman back up QB that’s been in the system came in vs Texas and looked like hot garbage dog sh!t. He sucked so bad that your coach went back to the freshman that was completely sh!tying bed. So, spare me in your back up QB mumbo jumbo.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

None of that means Illingworth isn’t progressing or pushing Sanders at all. Dude has hardly been in the system.

Meanwhile, your upperclassman back up QB that’s been in the system came in vs Texas and looked like hot garbage dog sh!t. He sucked so bad that your coach went back to the freshman that was completely sh!tying bed. So, spare me in your back up QB mumbo jumbo.
I see no evidence that Sanders is being pushed by anyone on that roster. Yes, he’s hardly been in the system, so it’s difficult to threaten the starting quarterback‘s job. Anyway, my whole point is that Osu is not exactly a factory for quarterbacks, you get a good one every so often and that’s it. And when you do get that good one, He doesn’t really have much competition.

You can bet that baker Mayfield was being pushed really hard by Kyler Murray. I think that elevated his game a little bit.

I have no qualms with the back up quarterback completing 5/7 passes for a touchdown in the few drives that he played in that sort of environment. The reason why rattler came back is because that’s his team, the coach made a ballsy ass move to sit him down and think about being a better player. And he came back after halftime. You should see what he’s done since that benching, I think it’s seven touchdowns to one interception. About 1000 yards in roughly 80 attempts. Good call, coach.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I see no evidence that Sanders is being pushed by anyone on that roster. Yes, he’s hardly been in the system, so it’s difficult to threaten the starting quarterback‘s job. Anyway, my whole point is that Osu is not exactly a factory for quarterbacks, you get a good one every so often and that’s it. And when you do get that good one, He doesn’t really have much competition.

You can bet that baker Mayfield was being pushed really hard by Kyler Murray. I think that elevated his game a little bit.

I have no qualms with the back up quarterback completing 5/7 passes for a touchdown in the few drives that he played in that sort of environment. The reason why rattler came back is because that’s his team, the coach made a ballsy ass move to sit him down and think about being a better player. And he came back after halftime. You should see what he’s done since that benching, I think it’s seven touchdowns to one interception. About 1000 yards in roughly 80 attempts. Good call, coach.
That’s an easy fairytale to believe. Had Mordocai played well, Rattle would not have seen the field again. Riley knew Mordocai sucked and he had to put rattle back. Mordocai is not pushing rattle or making him better.

I see that guy transferring to a weak conference and maybe competing for a starting role.

And I’ve seen what rattle has accomplished against the bottom feeds. He did what Illingworth did, beat up on the chumps.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

That’s an easy fairytale to believe. Had Mordocai played well, Rattle would not have seen the field again. Riley knew Mordocai sucked and he had to put rattle back. Mordocai is not pushing rattle or making him better.

I see that guy transferring to a weak conference and maybe competing for a starting role.

And I’ve seen what rattle has accomplished against the bottom feeds. He did what Illingworth did, beat up on the chumps.
That’s an easy fairytale to believe. Turns out it was a hell of a call and worked out well for them. He came back because he is the best quarterback on the team, and he needed to sit back and think about things for a bit. So far it’s done him a lot of good. Hell yeah. We’ll see if your coach has the stones to do that after sanders’ second turnover tomorrow. And I found a sucker who actually thinks Osu is going to win tomorrow, so I have myself $100 coming.

Yep, rattler is absolutely a star already, as a top 10 quarterback in the country and he’s only a freshman. And the guy they got coming in next year could he even better. Future is bright!

Who cares where mordecai Transfers to?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
That’s an easy fairytale to believe. Turns out it was a hell of a call and worked out well for them. He came back because he is the best quarterback on the team, and he needed to sit back and think about things for a bit. So far it’s done him a lot of good. Hell yeah. We’ll see if your coach has the stones to do that after sanders’ second turnover tomorrow. And I found a sucker who actually thinks Osu is going to win tomorrow, so I have myself $100 coming.

Yep, rattler is absolutely a star already, as a top 10 quarterback in the country and he’s only a freshman. And the guy they got coming in next year could he even better. Future is bright!

Who cares where mordecai Transfers to?
No, it makes perfect logical sense. Rattle was rattled in the first half and he sat. If Mordecai played well, he would’ve stayed and you know it.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Shoulda woulda coulda game.

Really grasping at straws here Whit.

Anybody wanna talk about how Spencer Sanders has more turnovers than touchdowns against Big 12 opponents?

Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

Anybody wanna talk about how Spencer Sanders has more turnovers than touchdowns against Big 12 opponents?

Anyone?

Rodarius Williams has a grand total of 38 yds passing against him on the year. He and Converse are the two highest rated corners in the conference. Our safeties are beasts. Rattlebitch gonna have a long day.

Last edited:

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

Anyone?

You are refusing any rational outside of your own narrative. That’s why you’ve deflected to a totally different discussion..

I’ve talked plenty about Sanders TOs. Was a concern of mine before the season and still a problem.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
No, it makes perfect logical sense. Rattle was rattled in the first half and he sat. If Mordecai played well, he would’ve stayed and you know it.
That's just you projecting your opinion- we all have them. This is a non issue for everyone here except you, apparently.

Just prepare to lose to a freshman qb who got benched against texas, and be glad you dont have any money on the game.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
RodariusRodariu

Rodarius Williams has a grand total of 38 yds passing against him on the year. He and Converse are the two highest rated corners in the conference. Our safeties are beasts. Rattlebitch gonna have a long day.
Lol. Just thank allah that you werent dumb enough to actually bet money on this game.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
That's just you projecting your opinion- we all have them. This is a non issue for everyone here except you, apparently.

Just prepare to lose to a freshman qb who got benched against texas, and be glad you dont have any money on the game.
It’s a rational opinion that only you and your biased buddy are refuting, a two whopping sooners. Y’all are also the two that think your RB and defense became the the best in league after KU and Tech.