Season predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Just because he is technically capable, doesn’t actually mean he will be able to do it. He’s more likely to turn it over 3 times than anything. He isn’t going to be that guy who can win the game for you, And that’s going to sting on Saturday.

Really nobody in the conference wants a piece of OU right now. And they are going to get their revenge in the big 12 championship game as well. From 0-2 to 8-2. Enjoy the show!
Put down the crack pipe and enjoy the reality that is ou's defense is horrible and will lose them this game. Wallace running wild all day.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
You’re assuming sanders will have time to sit back and do that. Their line is meh and OU keeps getting better on defense. In fact one of their linebackers leads the country in qb pressure %. I’m not too worried about the one good wr they have though. Theyll need more than that to win. Osu had better worry about mims, Stevenson & rattler. That’s where the real battles will be
If our offense can sustain drives and put points on the board, our defense will be just fine. I'm not totally discrediting Mims/Stevenson/Rattle here. That trio vs our D is a worthy battle, but it's not the real battle that will decide this game.

The OU DL and the OSU OL is the real battle, imo. Our OL is on life support, struggling to block for the run and the pass. If that gets fixed (a true 2020 miracle), it will be a very fun and exciting game.

It seems to me that you goons are discrediting our defense. What must the OSU D do in order to gain your respect? Y'all pretend to know it all, so I am interested to know. Without them, we're 1-5 this season.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
If our offense can sustain drives and put points on the board, our defense will be just fine. I'm not totally discrediting Mims/Stevenson/Rattle here. That trio vs our D is a worthy battle, but it's not the real battle that will decide this game.

The OU DL and the OSU OL is the real battle, imo. Our OL is on life support, struggling to block for the run and the pass. If that gets fixed (a true 2020 miracle), it will be a very fun and exciting game.

It seems to me that you goons are discrediting our defense. What must the OSU D do in order to gain your respect? Y'all pretend to know it all, so I am interested to know. Without them, we're 1-5 this season.
Sure, but they just dont have the qb, and certainly not the kind of Oline they need to be able to dictate terms on offense. They'll get some plays but if they dont take what the defense gives them it could be a long night. Well i personally think strength on strength, that is when OU is on offense and Osu is on defense is where it's at. 'cause OU could just as easily be up by 2-3 scores before halftime as well as the Osu defense could keep it close.

But yeah another battle is the OU DL and Osu OL. I recognize osu is having a nice season on defense, and because of it, they are top 11 nationally in both sacks and tackles for a loss. For comparison, It should be noted that OU defense has improved too- They're currently 8th in the country in sacks and 13th in the country in tackles for a loss with 8 per game, and they're averaging 11 in the last 4 games. Osu is 93rd in the country in sacks given up and 122 out of 126 in tackles for a loss given up. This is an area where OU could feast and a battle that can get the game away from osu really quickly. But for sure if Osu doesnt look like dogshit here then it could be a game.

It's not that i discredit the defense, I believe this is the best D of the gundy era. But it's that i give a lot of credit to the OU offense and their ability to move the ball now that they are mostly fully intact. and honestly when it comes to defense neither team really gets enough respect or credit until they can show consistency. I think they make some stops for sure, but OU will get theirs, too much firepower. If they make OU offense look average saturday, then that would be major and a boon for the defense. It would make the disappointment that is the offense an even bigger travesty because this would have been THE year to take the big 12 championship away from them. Especially since they started 0-2.

Put down the crack pipe and enjoy the reality that is ou's defense is horrible and will lose them this game. Wallace running wild all day.
Feel free to message me privately and we'll see how confident you are in osu winning saturday.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Sure, but they just dont have the qb, and certainly not the kind of Oline they need to be able to dictate terms on offense. They'll get some plays but if they dont take what the defense gives them it could be a long night. Well i personally think strength on strength, that is when OU is on offense and Osu is on defense is where it's at. 'cause OU could just as easily be up by 2-3 scores before halftime as well as the Osu defense could keep it close.

But yeah another battle is the OU DL and Osu OL. I recognize osu is having a nice season on defense, and because of it, they are top 11 nationally in both sacks and tackles for a loss. For comparison, It should be noted that OU defense has improved too- They're currently 8th in the country in sacks and 13th in the country in tackles for a loss with 8 per game, and they're averaging 11 in the last 4 games. Osu is 93rd in the country in sacks given up and 122 out of 126 in tackles for a loss given up. This is an area where OU could feast and a battle that can get the game away from osu really quickly. But for sure if Osu doesnt look like dogshit here then it could be a game.

It's not that i discredit the defense, I believe this is the best D of the gundy era. But it's that i give a lot of credit to the OU offense and their ability to move the ball now that they are mostly fully intact. and honestly when it comes to defense neither team really gets enough respect or credit until they can show consistency. I think they make some stops for sure, but OU will get theirs, too much firepower. If they make OU offense look average saturday, then that would be major and a boon for the defense. It would make the disappointment that is the offense an even bigger travesty because this would have been THE year to take the big 12 championship away from them. Especially since they started 0-2.

Feel free to message me privately and we'll see how confident you are in osu winning saturday.
Sorry, you welched and ruined bets for the whole class.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
The stats are going to reflect it, but Sanders showed vast improvement in the second half of last season. When he's not turning the ball over, he's a big play threat and a good game manager. If the OL can protect him, I think good game manager Sanders is capable of beating OU because he is surrounded by weapons.

Unfortunately, you never know what Sanders you'll get and, of course, the OL is in complete disarray. That's why I can't pick OSU to win. At game time, if we discover that we got some players on the OL back, I'll feel much better. Sanders put up big numbers against Texas and if he'd had cleaned up the turnovers, we win easy. That's the Sanders I want to see, the one that values the football and lights teams up. We've only seen flashes of this guy though.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
The stats are going to reflect it, but Sanders showed vast improvement in the second half of last season. When he's not turning the ball over, he's a big play threat and a good game manager. If the OL can protect him, I think good game manager Sanders is capable of beating OU because he is surrounded by weapons.

Unfortunately, you never know what Sanders you'll get and, of course, the OL is in complete disarray. That's why I can't pick OSU to win. At game time, if we discover that we got some players on the OL back, I'll feel much better. Sanders put up big numbers against Texas and if he'd had cleaned up the turnovers, we win easy. That's the Sanders I want to see, the one that values the football and lights teams up. We've only seen flashes of this guy though.
Yeah, if it wasnt for all the mistakes, sanders would be a solid qb. It's really unfortunate the mistakes still count. Osu is a solid qb away from finally winning a CCG. So so crose! Sucks weeden is out of eligibility.

Sure makes you gumps who thought sanders was better than Rattler look silly though.

When talking heisman
I agree, Sanders has the best shot. Sorry your guy isn't panning out, sincerely, I mean it

Last edited:

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Yeah, if it wasnt for all the mistakes, sanders would be a solid qb. It's really unfortunate the mistakes still count. Osu is a solid qb away from finally winning a CCG. So so crose! Sucks weeden is out of eligibility.

Sure makes you gumps who thought sanders was better than Rattler look silly though.

When talking heisman
:poo:

Ahhhh, and the queen of gibberish blathers again.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

When talking heisman
Yet Rattled has twice as many interceptions and is attributed with more fumbles than Sanders. You're arguments suck almost as bad as your debt paying ability.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

When talking heisman
Meh.. He'd still have his issues. He locks on to Wallace so much that when Wallace was out vs KSU, Stoner had to learn Wallace's position because that's Sanders' security blanket. I know you point to stats as an indicator, but OSU has a lot of talent at WR. Sanders just hasn't gotten to the point where he can distribute to them us much. Maybe it's because Wallace is the most talented WR in the nation, so who knows?

Gumps are Bama fans. You'll have to show me where I said Sanders was better than Rattle. I don't recall saying that at all. Good thing this place saves everything we say.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

When talking heisman
Meh.. He'd still have his issues. He locks on to Wallace so much that when Wallace was out vs KSU, Stoner had to learn Wallace's position because that's Sanders' security blanket. I know you point to stats as an indicator, but OSU has a lot of talent at WR. Sanders just hasn't gotten to the point where he can distribute to them us much. Maybe it's because Wallace is the most talented WR in the nation, so who knows?

Gumps are Bama fans. You'll have to show me where I said Sanders was better than Rattle. I don't recall saying that at all. Good thing this place saves everything we say.
Yeah he's the one that tried to bring up the yardstick of which one would be better. Honestly all the OSU fans were talking about was the fact they didn't think rattler would be Heisman worthy.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

When talking heisman
Yet Rattled has twice as many interceptions and is attributed with more fumbles than Sanders. You're arguments suck almost as bad as your debt paying ability.
Yep, Rattler is far and away the best qb in the conference. There’s only one poster on this site whoever won a bet against me, and he can corroborate the fact that I pay out. But hey, if you repeat a lie often enough, maybe it will just come true by magic. You know, kind of like how the coronavirus was supposed to disappear, like a miracle.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

When talking heisman

I don’t know if he is the most talented in the nation, but he certainly giving us the impression that he is the only one on that campus with talent. And Surely the lack of having a quality quarterback isn’t helping the argument that there is more talent. It’s true, a good quarterback will distribute, a fine example of this is rattler.

Anyone who thinks that Sanders is better than Rattler is a Gump. I don’t know if you said it yourself, but some of your people said as much. But unsurprisingly none of you felt all that strong about it deep down.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

When talking heisman

Yeah he's the one that tried to bring up the yardstick of which one would be better. Honestly all the OSU fans were talking about was the fact they didn't think rattler would be Heisman worthy.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
He certainly not at that level right now, but the potential is there, and in a Riley offense, you’ll always be put in a position to be that guy. But it’s hard to argue that he isn’t the class of the conference at the moment, and in the bigger picture, I would say he is a top 10 quarterback nationally.

He will be a Heisman contender next season for sure, and I bet having Caleb Williams on campus will push him to be even better. Thing about OSU, is even when they do have a really good quarterback, they don’t have another one waiting in the wings pushing him to be better. That could have been Illingworth this year.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I don’t know if he is the most talented in the nation, but he certainly giving us the impression that he is the only one on that campus with talent. And Surely the lack of having a quality quarterback isn’t helping the argument that there is more talent. It’s true, a good quarterback will distribute, a fine example of this is rattler.

Anyone who thinks that Sanders is better than Rattler is a Gump. I don’t know if you said it yourself, but some of your people said as much. But unsurprisingly none of you felt all that strong about it deep down.
More hypocrisy from you. You play the find my quote game all the time. Own up and admit I never said Sanders > Rattle.

To take a page from your book: “I am not that person. We are not the same people. I am me.”

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
He certainly not at that level right now, but the potential is there, and in a Riley offense, you’ll always be put in a position to be that guy. But it’s hard to argue that he isn’t the class of the conference at the moment, and in the bigger picture, I would say he is a top 10 quarterback nationally.

He will be a Heisman contender next season for sure, and I bet having Caleb Williams on campus will push him to be even better. Thing about OSU, is even when they do have a really good quarterback, they don’t have another one waiting in the wings pushing him to be better. That could have been Illingworth this year.
Illingworth and Sanders will both be back next year. So, as it stands now, you are wrong.. again.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

More hypocrisy from you. You play the find my quote game all the time. Own up and admit I never said Sanders > Rattle.

To take a page from your book: “I am not that person. We are not the same people. I am me.”

I’m not sure what you mean by hypocrisy, you need to elaborate on that and be specific about what I’m being hypocritical about here.

I have no idea if you ever said that or not. I don’t care to scroll through however many thousands of post you made just to find a comment were you said that. Therefore I said I don’t know if you said that or not.