Season predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
If we go to the title game then we won the "big games" that we typically choke in. We haven't ever been in a position to lose the "big game" aka National Championship.
Not necessarily true...we can be 8-2 or possibly 7-3 and find our way into the championship. Could be a year where everyone beats on each other. Also Depends on your definition on the big game. I’m not talking national title. I’d be happy with a conference title, which we haven’t sniffed since 2011. We also tend to wet the bed and lose to opponents we’re favored in.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Not necessarily true...we can be 8-2 or possibly 7-3 and find our way into the championship. Could be a year where everyone beats on each other. Also Depends on your definition on the big game. I’m not talking national title. I’d be happy with a conference title, which we haven’t sniffed since 2011. We also tend to wet the bed and lose to opponents we’re favored in.
you must have a very small ..... nose.
We have come close to Big12 Champ several season following 2011, just had to beat 0u in a few of those late season games and we’ had another couple of titleS

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
you must have a very small ..... nose.
We have come close to Big12 Champ several season following 2011, just had to beat 0u in a few of those late season games and we’ had another couple of titleS
Huh....I said we haven't sniff...meaning haven't "won" a title since 2011!!! Not that hard to comprehend...coming close doesn't do anything for me personally...either you get it done or you don't and we simply haven't. Maybe 2020 is the year following no setbacks.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Ah, my bad. I thought you meant NC. As for the conference title, you are incorrect. We have sniffed the conference title three times since 2011. We finished second in 2013, 2015, and 2016. Plenty of folks could make the case that finishing second is "sniffing" the conference title as we were only one place removed from first place.

The last comment is ridiculous. We're favored in an awful lot of games. If we tend to lose those games, we'd have a losing record since Gundy started having success, which is just weird to say. How can he have success if his teams tends to lose games we are favored in and we are favored in many. Do you know what "tend" means?

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Huh....I said we haven't sniff...meaning haven't "won" a title since 2011!!! Not that hard to comprehend...coming close doesn't do anything for me personally...either you get it done or you don't and we simply haven't. Maybe 2020 is the year following no setbacks.
So, to you"sniff" means "win." I bet if we took a poll on the "sniff" anology defininition, nobody would agree with your definition. "Sniff" means you came close. There's a big difference from winning a lot of games and finishing second then losing a lot of games and finishing last. The second place team is always the sniffer.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Riley did pick up the #1 and #2 DTs out of juco and they are both in the 2 deep. Plenty of depth there now. Also, dont forget, they have the best kicker in the country too. That has national championship written all over it
Top JUCO DTs are hit and miss. We've been there with them. A good kicker can be a game changer.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Grinch called Perrion Winfrey an alpha the other day. And he doesn’t hype up just anybody. Hopes are high. Luckily the top teams in our conference (minus Oklahoma) have offensive line issues. We might have time to put a unit together and bring back Perkins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Ah, my bad. I thought you meant NC. As for the conference title, you are incorrect. We have sniffed the conference title three times since 2011. We finished second in 2013, 2015, and 2016. Plenty of folks could make the case that finishing second is "sniffing" the conference title as we were only one place removed from first place.

The last comment is ridiculous. We're favored in an awful lot of games. If we tend to lose those games, we'd have a losing record since Gundy started having success, which is just weird to say. How can he have success if his teams tends to lose games we are favored in and we are favored in many. Do you know what "tend" means?
Yeah...I could care less about finishing second place....bottom line is we haven’t won, sniffed, touched a title since 2011. My last comment wasn’t ridiculous...just poorly written. Meant to say recently we’ve good to lose a couple games a year that we’re favored in. We’ve been quite average in conference play the last three seasons. I hope we can win the conference opener...haven’t won one since 2015.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
So, to you"sniff" means "win." I bet if we took a poll on the "sniff" anology defininition, nobody would agree with your definition. "Sniff" means you came close. There's a big difference from winning a lot of games and finishing second then losing a lot of games and finishing last. The second place team is always the sniffer.
I could care less if you take a poll...if that makes you feel better go ahead. I said what I said, take it or leave it.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Grinch called Perrion Winfrey an alpha the other day. And he doesn’t hype up just anybody. Hopes are high. Luckily the top teams in our conference (minus Oklahoma) have offensive line issues. We might have time to put a unit together and bring back Perkins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right side of our OL is a major concern. OL was a strength for us going in until our LT decided to retire from football and our starting RG was dismissed as well as another key OL. Now the OL is a question mark!!! We also have no depth so if someone gets hurt we’re screwed. Fingers crossed they stay healthy

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I could care less if you take a poll...if that makes you feel better go ahead. I said what I said, take it or leave it.
No. Forget the poll. I just find it interesting that niffing and winning are the same thing to you. I've always interpretted the sniffying anology to mean coming close. Second place is as close as you can get to first place.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I said it in jest, i dont think those players alone put them over the top but I do expect big things from them.
I gotcha. Well, anyway.. I learned a long time ago slow my expectations on top juco guys. They're hit and miss. You got two on the DL so maybe the one Grinch is alpha claiming will be the one that hits. Or maybe both.

The alpha comment is funny though. I'm not aware of any beta college football players.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Neat, I remember when OSU used to expect big things from JUCO's.
I'm glad you still remember. That's good. Perhaps you wont need ginkgo biloba.

I gotcha. Well, anyway.. I learned a long time ago slow my expectations on top juco guys. They're hit and miss. You got two on the DL so maybe the one Grinch is alpha claiming will be the one that hits. Or maybe both.

The alpha comment is funny though. I'm not aware of any beta college football players.
It's alpha or nothing. So if they do say someone is acting like an alpha out there, whoever said it must think he really balls out. I dont take a lot of stock in comments, but positive comments coming out of Grinch are not easy to come by, so when he does say something positive like that, he's impressed. I have seen enough film on Winfrey to be excited at his potential. And any defensive player who holds an offer from saban must be worth looking at. either way, he's the starter now so I guess he's the best they have.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
No. Forget the poll. I just find it interesting that niffing and winning are the same thing to you. I've always interpretted the sniffying anology to mean coming close. Second place is as close as you can get to first place.
If that's how you interpret what I said....more power to you lol!!!