Season predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
I'll eat a small portion of crow concerning ou 5* receivers since Mims decided to have a game today. Wow!
You should anyway. Haselwood and Bridges haven’t been able to play this year. Mims and Wease have been great. Mims was a 5* in one scouting format.

Not sure why you’d thumb your nose at OU’s receiving corp in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
You should anyway. Haselwood and Bridges haven’t been able to play this year. Mims and Wease have been great. Mims was a 5* in one scouting format.

Because up until today, they were extremely overrated.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

Mims and Stoops have been the most consistent all season. Stogner arrived vs Texas and again today. He will be wealthy.

We finally allowed our TEs to be factors today.

Last edited:

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Only Wease and Mims have played period this season.

Still not sure what you’re getting at here.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Mims and Stoops have been the most consistent all season. Stogner arrived vs Texas and again today. He will be wealthy.

Stoops has made some big plays, but hasn’t been a constant receiving threat. I think he’ll be on rotation once Bridges is back. Stogner needs to work on some stone hands.

Overall, OU left a lot of points on the field Saturday but are working through a lot of kinks. The offense doesn’t have that “flow” yet. But it’s coming.

Defense played incredibly well.

You guys are the toast of the conference so far. Looking strong.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I'll eat a small portion of crow concerning ou 5* receivers since Mims decided to have a game today. Wow!
All Mims does is show up. It's almost as if setting a national record in receiving yardage was a good omen. Could end up being the best wr in the big 12 by the end of the year and I didnt think he was even the best wr on the team.

The only real overrated wr is Rambo because he was expected to step up this year but that was Mims instead. Once haselwood and bridges get into the flow of things, then it'll be interesting.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Rambo has disappeared and hasn’t came up clutch when he needs to. He’s had his opportunities and hasn’t done much with them. Mims, Wease and Stogner are getting the looks. When Haselwood comes back, I bet Rambo fades back.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Rambo has disappeared and hasn’t came up clutch when he needs to. He’s had his opportunities and hasn’t done much with them. Mims, Wease and Stogner are getting the looks. When Haselwood comes back, I bet Rambo fades back.

Could be worse, they could be stuck with just one real receiving threat. Does the mullet even know what a tight end is? Looks like they finally got another wr in double digits in receptions though. My favorite cowboy, Stoner gettin' it done. Crazy that a freshman is effectively outplaying the what's supposed to be the best wr in the big 12.

1603821592128.png

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

Stoops only has 6 receptions, he's not been *that* consistent. He's just showed up the few times his number was called. With his stats, he'd be the 2nd best wr on your team.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Anything is possible, but their lack of production doesnt give me a positive impression of them at all. It seems like the only receiver mullet trusts is wallace.
We aren’t throwing the ball as much. Been a weird year in that regard, but I’m sure you’d take our current record over your own.

4-0 > 3-2

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
We aren’t throwing the ball as much. Been a weird year in that regard, but I’m sure you’d take our current record over your own.

4-0 > 3-2
Dont get too ahead of yourself, they started 4-1 the last three seasons. 4-0 is a nice record to have. But of course the season doesnt end in october and those records are going to be quite different in 6 weeks. Good for osu though and its nice to see that they have already played their 3 easiest opponents. I can say the last time OU started 1-2 they had a nice year. I suspect they will be very much in the big 12 race in the last week of the season but they certainly dont deserve to be big 12 champs right now- lets see if they redeem themselves. They are as likely to go undefeated the rest of the way as anyone else, probably moreso.