Season predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
What am I deflecting?

The only thing being proven here is not a damn one of you think your own team can pull out a conference championship this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I responded to your defeatist attitude comment with a request to tell us all about defeat since OU has two losses and flirted with a third. You couldn't do it though. Instead, you deflected with some opinion on who will win the conference. New flash, vegas makes money off of retarded people who think like you do. You even asked what our ceiling was. Um, we are on track to win the conference. OU is off track to win it until the teams in front of them start losing. That's literally the ceiling, moron.

You'll have to show me where any of us said we won't win. I think we can win if we get consistent QB play. We are looking good everywhere else unlike OU who can only beat overrated bottom feeders and FCS cellar dwellers.
Only beat overrated bottom feeders... let’s dig into that:

OSU barely beat Tulsa, a bottom feeding AAC team.

Then OSU barely beat a bottom feeding WVU...

Then beat the brakes off a bottom feeding Kansas.

So.... that’s the tough as nails “we’re gonna win it all this year guys” start, huh?

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

So.... that’s the tough as nails “we’re gonna win it all this year guys” start, huh?

And yet.....2 of those bottom feeders have better records than OU both with more impressive wins. You make this shit too easy. Do better, you're boring us to tears.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK

Fact: Tulsa has a better resume than OU.

Fact: WV has a better resume than OU.

Fact: OU has a better resume than KU.

Things have changed for some of the sooner fan base. Y'all were furious with losses to Houston and tOSU a few years back. Those were two good teams. Fast forward to this year and it seems y'all are perfectly fine with losing to $h!tty teams like KSU and ISU.

Do you really think Texas is back? I ask because that's OU's best win and Texas has shown they are absolute garbage this year.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
What am I deflecting?

The only thing being proven here is not a damn one of you think your own team can pull out a conference championship this year.

I responded to your defeatist attitude comment with a request to tell us all about defeat since OU has two losses and flirted with a third. You couldn't do it though. Instead, you deflected with some opinion on who will win the conference. New flash, vegas makes money off of retarded people who think like you do. You even asked what our ceiling was. Um, we are on track to win the conference. OU is off track to win it until the teams in front of them start losing. That's literally the ceiling, moron.

You'll have to show me where any of us said we won't win. I think we can win if we get consistent QB play. We are looking good everywhere else unlike OU who can only beat overrated bottom feeders and FCS cellar dwellers.

None of the teams OU has defeated has winning records. The teams OU beat have both lost to Sunbelt teams. Want to compare resumes?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
yeah, right, bellybutton tat ring a bell?
1. There was no bet
2. I never offer to pay $20 for a photoshop
3. we've already went over this

I always pay up on lost bets. period. This was not that. No matter how many times you repeat it. I'd love to have paid someone $20 to show me what i asked for, but i also knew no such picture exists. And so do you.

There is no prediction from you in writing, but we all know you were banking on wins. Hell, you probably lost money with the way you like to gamble.
I never gamble real money on the outcome of games in which my favorite teams are playing. Though I did take a slight exception last night with the Braves because kershaw was scratched. They had the Braves +1.5 runs, and there's no way i wasnt going to take that.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
None of the teams OU has defeated has winning records. The teams OU beat have both lost to Sunbelt teams. Want to compare resumes?

He can't. You're speaking of a current season...
They only live in the past.
OU can point to a history of success. Particularly every year starting in 2015. The last five years isn’t living in the past.

OU started 1-2 in 2016. Still won the conference. As a matter of fact, have a long record of dominating this conference.

OSU has started 3-0 four out the last five years. Wanna guess how many times you guys won the conference?

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
What am I deflecting?

It’s really too bad seasons don’t end in early October. Really it is.

You guys have started 3-0 four of the last five years. And have absolutely nothing to show for it.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
OU can point to a history of success. Particularly every year starting in 2015. The last five years isn’t living in the past.

OU started 1-2 in 2016. Still won the conference. As a matter of fact, have a long record of dominating this conference.

OSU has started 3-0 four out the last five years. Wanna guess how many times you guys won the conference?

Like I said...
They won't talk about the current season on its own merit.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

You guys have started 3-0 four of the last five years. And have absolutely nothing to show for it.

So has ou. lmao.....more history.
Define “nothing to show for it.....”.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Like I said...
They won't talk about the current season on its own merit.

That’s because it’s not over yet. I see OU working through their issues and addressing them.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Why don’t you address your issues?
You mean like inconsistent o-line play? Depth at running back? Crucial drops by receivers in crunch time? Rattler getting rattled? Missed tackles that lead to huge gains? Inconsistency in the secondary? Lack of turnovers?

I see them. And I see them addressing those issues.

Every team has issues every season. Adapt and overcome.

But I know OU’s ceiling. It’s not the playoffs this year. I never thought it would be to be honest. I kinda figured we’d start slow out of the gate. I even put it in my season prediction. If they got past the first four games undefeated, then they’d have a great shot. Obviously that didn’t happen.

K-State ALWAYS plays OU like it’s their super bowl every single year. Klieman’s a helluva coach too. Iowa State’s defense under Matt Campbell has always given Lincoln Riley fits. The RRS is never predictable.

Shit happens. But this conference is not perfect and OU has found a way to win it every year for the last five years. Barring disaster, I expect them to win it again. Even with two losses in conference already.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
You mean like inconsistent o-line play? Depth at running back? Crucial drops by receivers in crunch time? Rattler getting rattled? Missed tackles that lead to huge gains? Inconsistency in the secondary? Lack of turnovers?

I see them. And I see them addressing those issues.

Every team has issues every season. Adapt and overcome.

But I know OU’s ceiling. It’s not the playoffs this year. I never thought it would be to be honest. I kinda figured we’d start slow out of the gate. I even put it in my season prediction. If they got past the first four games undefeated, then they’d have a great shot. Obviously that didn’t happen.

K-State ALWAYS plays OU like it’s their super bowl every single year. Klieman’s a helluva coach too. Iowa State’s defense under Matt Campbell has always given Lincoln Riley fits. The RRS is never predictable.

Shit happens. But this conference is not perfect and OU has found a way to win it every year for the last five years. Barring disaster, I expect them to win it again. Even with two losses in conference already.

See.. Was that really so hard?