Season predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
OU wins another conference championship. Cold take though

Hot take: big 12 gets two players invited to nyc for the heisman

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
The looming question on the goon squad is if they fire the bellybutton tattoo after the disaster they are headed towards. They have lost to many of their players, the boys on the sportsanimal sounded despondent today.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
My upside with Rattler is even in mop up time, he looked the part and felt like he was born to run that offense. Kyler Murray acted the same way. There’s a different feel with Rattler than a Mordecai or Austin Kendall when they went in during mop up. I’m expecting a hybrid between Baker and Kyler. He won’t have Kyler’s elite speed or Bakers inane ability to Houdini out of pressure. I’m expecting him to look more like a more accurate Patrick Mahomes.

Missouri State is a bummer. We were supposed to play Tennessee and Army @ West Point. It’ll essentially be a live scrimmage and hopefully get the kinks ironed out before the four game gauntlet coming up. Defensive line depth is a bit worrisome currently. But there’s a ton of playmakers looking to make a name for themselves. It’ll be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A fair assessment but my confidence level in Rattler in a Riley offense is extremely high. Offensively once they get going they'll be elite, i'd be more concerned about some of the defensive line departures but the way they have been recruiting offers a lot of reason to be excited about the young talent. Of course, if you cant get pressure, it trickles down to the rest of the defense. Still, wont be an issue getting through the big 12.
I guess I didn't realize OU lost so much on the DL. Who is the next RB inline? Kennedy Brooks was good.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I guess I didn't realize OU lost so much on the DL. Who is the next RB inline? Kennedy Brooks was good.
Yep their best dlineman is suspended for a few games and their next best guy just opted out. But they have been recruiting there really well, so perhaps one of the young guys will step up.

They are saying Pledger has looked awesome at rb but i personally think the best rb they'll have until Stevenson gets back is the freshman McGowan. Dude has the frame and build of a linebacker and is still extremely shifty. But they dont have a chuba

https://twitter.com/soonergridiron/status/1296930388426858500?s=20

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Pledger will probably get the nod. McGowan looks the part and is ripped. But he’s a true freshman so who knows. Hardcore buzz is that Marcus Major is a freak of nature. He had big name offers for a 2A talent. Not sure what to expect there.

Love Kennedy Brooks and all, but I’m kinda happy to get a chance to have a home run hitter at running back. Those three will keep the stable warm until Rhamondre comes back and kills everybody. Especially behind that offensive line. Our scout team offensive line is going to be better than most starting P5 offensive lines will be. It’s crazy.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Where’s @Rob B. to duplicate the other pissing match?
View attachment 85504
Here I is.
A fair assessment but my confidence level in Rattler in a Riley offense is extremely high. Offensively once they get going they'll be elite, i'd be more concerned about some of the defensive line departures but the way they have been recruiting offers a lot of reason to be excited about the young talent. Of course, if you cant get pressure, it trickles down to the rest of the defense. Still, wont be an issue getting through the big 12.
Sanders will have more total yards than Rattler. And no, I'm not betting you. You're a stinkin welcher.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
FYI to you squats, best not buy that PPV til Saturday. That's on the advice of Carey Murdoch. He says the number of goon players in quarantine would shock you.
No wonder Coach Tat quit releasing the numbers, he didn't want Misery State to have a competitive advantage. :lol:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Here I is.

Sanders will have more total yards than Rattler. And no, I'm not betting you. You're a stinkin welcher.
I challenge you to find a single poster who agreed to a bet with me first.

Rattler will absolutely have a better season - sanders isnt half the player that Rattler is. And obviously gundy isnt even 1/3 of the playcaller Riley is. good call on not betting, you would certainly lose your money to me, because there is no way in hell that guy you call a qb could even carry Rattler's water bottle. he would struggle to even be his backup.

FYI to you squats, best not buy that PPV til Saturday. That's on the advice of Carey Murdoch. He says the number of goon players in quarantine would shock you.
No wonder Coach Tat quit releasing the numbers, he didn't want Misery State to have a competitive advantage. :lol:
neat.

Pledger will probably get the nod. McGowan looks the part and is ripped. But he’s a true freshman so who knows. Hardcore buzz is that Marcus Major is a freak of nature. He had big name offers for a 2A talent. Not sure what to expect there.

Love Kennedy Brooks and all, but I’m kinda happy to get a chance to have a home run hitter at running back. Those three will keep the stable warm until Rhamondre comes back and kills everybody. Especially behind that offensive line. Our scout team offensive line is going to be better than most starting P5 offensive lines will be. It’s crazy.

People dont realize how stacked OU is at running back. I like Major too and he would get pt on a lot of teams but he could be a candidate for the portal because there is just so much talent in that rb room. I saw that the freshman harrison was so good in camp that he's starting! holy crap, a true freshman usurped last year's starter at LT. I heard he was good but dude must be a stud to start over all those guys. All Oline starters are juniors except him. Hot damn coach B can recruit

Last edited:

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I challenge you to find a single poster who agreed to a bet with me first.
Again, you didn't offer a bet, you placed a challenge with a bounty. The pic was posted immediately following your challenge that conformed within the wording of your challenge. You lost, you didn't pay, you're a slimeball welcher.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Again, you didn't offer a bet, you placed a challenge with a bounty. The pic was posted immediately following your challenge that conformed within the wording of your challenge. You lost, you didn't pay, you're a slimeball welcher.
Indeed, I did offer a challenge and so far nobody has taken me up on it. What i asked for is rather simple and none of you tards could find it.

tell you what though. Take my bet on Rattler vs sanders. $200. And i will paypal you $20 just for taking it.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Indeed, I did offer a challenge and so far nobody has taken me up on it. What i asked for is rather simple and none of you tards could find it.

tell you what though. Take my bet on Rattler vs sanders. $200. And i will paypal you $20 just for taking it.
So, it's a $220 earning for Rob. Nice.