Sean Gleeson is the next OC

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'm just kind of glad it's not another Mike. We've had enough of those.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Mark Cooper: Who is Sean Gleeson? A glimpse at Oklahoma State's offensive coordinator via the coaches who hired him

Bruce Shatel always ribbed Sean Gleeson about his body language.

From 2008-11, Gleeson assisted Shatel with the baseball team at Delbarton School, a private, all-male high school in Morristown, New Jersey. It was one of numerous tasks for Gleeson in his first job out of college; he taught English and algebra and coached baseball, football and bowling.

In baseball, he was Delbarton’s first-base coach. And his energetic, excitable approach to coaching shone through — sometimes, almost too much.

“Any time we’d put a squeeze on, or a hit-and-run, something where there’s high risk, high-reward, Sean’s body language ... He’s already 6-foot-5 or 6-foot-6, he’s a tall drink of water. He would get on his tippy-toes and get all excited,” Shatel said. “I said, ‘Hey, can you calm down over in that first-base box? You’re going to tip the squeeze!’”

Merely eight years after his last season as an assistant baseball coach at Delbarton, Gleeson is Oklahoma State’s new offensive coordinator. His rise in the coaching profession — from high school, to NCAA Division III to FCS to the Big 12 — in less than a decade, and at 34 years old, was only possible because of the qualities Shatel saw in him over those four years together. Shatel called Gleeson a high-energy go-getter who was bright and capable but “willing to pay his dues.”

DallasOSUCowboys34

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Sep 24, 2008
Fort Worth, TX

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Any word when Gundy will introduce him?
Heard that probably first of next week if not this weekend because the coaches have been out recruiting. But they have recruits on campus this weekend so they should be back today.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Why the need to introduce him? It has been in all the media. His bio is out there.
  1. It’s a nice “Welcome to the OSU family.”
  2. Gundy gets to talk about excitement for the future with Gleeson.
  3. Gleeson gets to talk about his expectations while at OSU while talking up the program and Gundy.
  4. Another PR opportunity separate from the announcement.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
  1. It’s a nice “Welcome to the OSU family.”
  2. Gundy gets to talk about excitement for the future with Gleeson.
  3. Gleeson gets to talk about his expectations while at OSU while talking up the program and Gundy.
  4. Another PR opportunity separate from the announcement.
Don’t worry. Kevin Klintworth doesn’t think that way. It involves too much work.