Sean Gleeson is the next OC

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
The fact that you stated our record as 6-6 instead of 7-6 shows you are trying to spin things negatively. Would you have posted 6-6 if we lost the bowl games those years?

Most of us aren't happy with 7-6, but it has happened twice in the past decade. There are very few programs that can avoid a 7-6 type year once every 5 years or so.

Also, blaming the occasional 7-6 year on the offensive coordinator is a little short sighted.
Just a few short years ago OU had an 8-5 record. In 2007 Alabama went 7-6. It happens to the best of programs. The amount of venom spit at HCMG and the coaching staff over this past season is way over the top. I do not consider us a "stepping stone" program any more, but we are not yet elite either. Certainly top 25 over the past 10 years or so, but not elite. That is a very, very tall order for a program with a net overall losing record a less than a decade ago.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
oh.... do tell.. how much is a degree in American Studies from Princeton worth, compared to, let's say, an engineering degree from Bama?

https://www.princeton.edu/academics/areas-of-study
Michael Lewis received a BA in Art History from Princeton, walked into Salomon Brothers and got a job trading mortgage backed bonds where he made several hundred thousand dollars a year trading said bonds in the mid-80s, and then wrote a book in detail about how every major Wall Street firm only hired Ivy grads, regardless of major.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Michael Lewis received a BA in Art History from Princeton, walked into Salomon Brothers and got a job trading mortgage backed bonds where he made several hundred thousand dollars a year trading said bonds in the mid-80s, and then wrote a book in detail about how every major Wall Street firm only hired Ivy grads, regardless of major.
A lot of truth to this - but it is pretty much exclusive to East Coast/New England. I had a lot of dealing with the NYMEX back in the day and ended up on an advisory committee and traveled to NYC for quarterly meetings. Almost every single high level employee was an Ivy League grad.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
i read somewhere that Bama is also in that category.............
Alabama is a great school. For sure. But a degree from Bama gets you the same thing a degree from every other major state school gets you... an entry level gig in Atlanta, Dallas, or Houston with one of the big companies.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Not really from Gleeson, that's all from the "great" mind of Kyle Porter.( I notice he just can't help getting a recruiting dig in there too.) But it is pretty intriguing.

There is a video on there that is all Gleeson. 18 minutes of Gleeson.