Sean Gleeson is the next OC

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
After to the sportsurinal the last couple of days I must say Gundy hired well. When gooner jim (who probably got a laugh out of the immortal Doc D today) is hating on a hire that bad it has to be positively brilliant.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
So you admit to taking what you post from sb nation. Finally
Nope

If you would like, we can have a private conversation on this site and do some grease board X's and O's if you need more more confirmation.

I would be more than willing to explain to you where my knowledge of X's and O's come from as well.

Shoot me a message and we can get it going.
The truly ironic part of all this, is that I copy and pasted from sb nation because it seems to be about the only source he uses to share his vast "knowledge". Then he's soooooo much smarter than everyone else that he openly admits to using their content as his own.

Nov 14, 2010
The truly ironic part of all this, is that I copy and pasted from sb nation because it seems to be about the only source he uses to share his vast "knowledge". Then he's soooooo much smarter than everyone else that he openly admits to using their content as his own.
Nope
Not in the least
You got your happenings exactly backwards

If you would like, we can have a private conversation on this site and do some grease board X's and O's if you need more more confirmation.

I would be more than willing to explain to you where my knowledge of X's and O's come from as well.

Shoot me a message and we can get it going

Last edited:

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
After to the sportsurinal the last couple of days I must say Gundy hired well. When gooner jim (who probably got a laugh out of the immortal Doc D today) is hating on a hire that bad it has to be positively brilliant.
Okay I'll bite. What was his problem with the hire?

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
And that was in response to Gundy making it clear to Holgorsen that he was going to have to run the ball at OSU more than he had at Houston again, BEFORE, the season started.

Here's Holgorsen's quote on the issue

“(Gundy] was with Pat Jones there for a long time, played for Pat Jones, which is old-school football, tough, hard-nosed physical football and incorporated it into our style of spread offense,” Holgorsen said, “keeping it as physical as it can possibly be.”

So, because Holgorsen had been given clear directions, by Gundy, that he was going to have to run the ball more than he had previously, so Holgorsen created new ways to run the ball, BEFORE the season started.

So, the diamond formation was created because GUNDY forced Holgorsen to figure out ways to run the ball more/better than he had in the past.
And that's Gundy's job. We would have not been as good on offense if he hadn't laid that out as a goal. Then he stepped back and let Holgy come up with how to do it. That's not meddling...that's being the leader of Oklahoma State University's football program. To this point, for the most part, he's done a damn fine job of it.

I don't like the fact that he's seemingly grown a little complacent in recruiting (leaving money on the table...offering less kids), but in terms of how he has put together staffs and managed them it's hard to bring a lot against the man. Has he been perfect? No. And he's done a really good job.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Same ole same ole. Another OC from where? An Ivy league school. Why not a power 5 conference? OU latest hire comes from where? Ohio State! It seems that Gundy doesn't want big hitters on his staff or they don't want to fork out the dough. Shocker! I don't think his ego couldn't handle it either.
And what's up with our recruiting. Two four star recruits. Wow! I don't care what anyone says, stars do make a difference. Just ask those who win championships and make it to the playoff. According to teamedgeathletics.com OSU has the 8th best football facilities in the nation and all we can get is two four star recruits? (5th in the Big 12; 40th in nation in recruiting) Waiting for diamonds in the rough doesn't cut it.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are no championships in site for this program the way it's been going. I guess a 6-6 season is good enough along with a $100,000 raise for the head coach.

Go ahead orange Kool-Aid drinkers, let me have it.
Sam Mayes, is that you?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Nov 14, 2010
And that's Gundy's job. We would have not been as good on offense if he hadn't laid that out as a goal. Then he stepped back and let Holgy come up with how to do it. That's not meddling...that's being the leader of Oklahoma State University's football program. To this point, for the most part, he's done a damn fine job of it.

I don't like the fact that he's seemingly grown a little complacent in recruiting (leaving money on the table...offering less kids), but in terms of how he has put together staffs and managed them it's hard to bring a lot against the man. Has he been perfect? No. And he's done a really good job.
Very good post

Last edited:

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Nope
Not in the least
You got your happenings exactly backwards

Shoot me a message and we can get it going
No thanks, I'll just go to sb nation if I want some "original" grease...

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis

You know what, as much as I hate Gundy, I'll give him that.

I guess it's a constant struggle when you're *THIS CLOSE* to being a school where people don't necessarily want to leave for "greener pastures". That's what always annoyed me about OSU, is that we are a lot better than typical "stepping stone" schools (Memphis...Tulsa...Cincinnati, to name a few). And yet, we kind of are one.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Same ole same ole. Another OC from where? An Ivy league school. Why not a power 5 conference? OU latest hire comes from where? Ohio State! It seems that Gundy doesn't want big hitters on his staff or they don't want to fork out the dough. Shocker! I don't think his ego couldn't handle it either.
And what's up with our recruiting. Two four star recruits. Wow! I don't care what anyone says, stars do make a difference. Just ask those who win championships and make it to the playoff. According to teamedgeathletics.com OSU has the 8th best football facilities in the nation and all we can get is two four star recruits? (5th in the Big 12; 40th in nation in recruiting) Waiting for diamonds in the rough doesn't cut it.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are no championships in site for this program the way it's been going. I guess a 6-6 season is good enough along with a $100,000 raise for the head coach.

The fact that you stated our record as 6-6 instead of 7-6 shows you are trying to spin things negatively. Would you have posted 6-6 if we lost the bowl games those years?

Most of us aren't happy with 7-6, but it has happened twice in the past decade. There are very few programs that can avoid a 7-6 type year once every 5 years or so.

Also, blaming the occasional 7-6 year on the offensive coordinator is a little short sighted.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
dude... don't wet yourself.

we're talking about a football player from California that chose to play football at Princeton over Alabama, and whether it was because of academics or perhaps he thought he'd have a better chance at a pro career playing for Princeton.

I mean seriously, the kid is going to major in Economics or Psychology according to his freshman bio.

I certainly don't need a lesson from you on what a good school is and why... we have plenty of the top 20 right down the street from my house.... CalTech, Pomona College, Harvey Mudd College, Claremont McKenna College, etc.

for gosh sakes man, I put my kid through Berkeley, I know what it means.
i get it now (actually, i forgot)....... you're a northern cali guy. no wonder you get so offended, so easily.............

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
You know what, as much as I hate Gundy, I'll give him that.

I guess it's a constant struggle when you're *THIS CLOSE* to being a school where people don't necessarily want to leave for "greener pastures". That's what always annoyed me about OSU, is that we are a lot better than typical "stepping stone" schools (Memphis...Tulsa...Cincinnati, to name a few). And yet, we kind of are one.
you hate Gundy?........... who knew.......

Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
And the only reason he was hating on the hire was because he just quit griping about the Thunder having Russell Westbrook as a point guard last week. Jim needed a new issue to rant about.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO

OU didn't hire Lincoln Riley as their OC from P5. We hired our DC from P5.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Okay I'll bite. What was his problem with the hire?
Gundy made the hire and evidently didn't consult gooner jim prior to the hire. gooner jim went on a rant about how gundy doesn't text him, doesn't talk to him, etc... Sorry gooner jim, if that's me in Gundy's shoes I give you the middle finger salute and go on.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Gundy made the hire and evidently didn't consult gooner jim prior to the hire. gooner jim went on a rant about how gundy doesn't text him, doesn't talk to him, etc... Sorry gooner jim, if that's me in Gundy's shoes I give you the middle finger salute and go on.
For some reason Donald Trump and Nancy Pelosi just came to mind.