Scotch

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
As I am trying more I am finding my pallet does not enjoy a strong Sherry Cast finish. The fruit flavor overshadows any other notes.

For me, it is okay if there are some subtle notes from blended whiskeys but I am not enjoying it as much when that is the main finish.

Be curious if the group has and good blended suggestions with minor Sherry notes.

Agent Orange

I like sport
A/V Subscriber
Jul 2, 2009
Moore
Ardbeg Dark Cove...absolutely amazing.

Ardbeg, Lagavulin, and Dalmore are my personal favorite distillery’s.

Nothing better than an Islay Scotch. Ardbeg & Lagavulin produce them in spades.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Ardbeg Dark Cove...absolutely amazing.

Ardbeg, Lagavulin, and Dalmore are my personal favorite distillery’s.

Nothing better than an Islay Scotch. Ardbeg & Lagavulin produce them in spades.
Dalmore - there is nobody more entertaining in whiskey than Richard Patterson. Richard is a pretty big fan of finishing Scotch in Sherry Cast. I am finding that a lot of Dalmore's products are pretty heavy sherry. Good but not my favorite finish.

Ardbeg and Lagvulin on the list to try...

Agent Orange

I like sport
A/V Subscriber
Jul 2, 2009
Moore
Dalmore - there is nobody more entertaining in whiskey than Richard Patterson. Richard is a pretty big fan of finishing Scotch in Sherry Cast. I am finding that a lot of Dalmore's products are pretty heavy sherry. Good but not my favorite finish.

Ardbeg and Lagvulin on the list to try...
Yep, a huge fan of peated scotch here, hence the love for Islay. Dalmore is the first non-Islay scotch I ever fell in love with. You're right about Richard Patterson, that dude is quite the character.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Glenmorangie (10 year) has been my go to whiskey in the last few months. Super smooth and super inexpensive ($28 - $38 per liter).

It is the holiday season so I have been bringing it to parties and because cheap, a good sharing scotch.

Agent Orange

I like sport
A/V Subscriber
Jul 2, 2009
Moore
If you haven't found the youtube channel "Whiskey Vault" you are in for a treat. Two guys out of Austin, TX who compliment each others personalities well. Pretty informative and they have tons of content.
Yep, watch them almost everyday. I even joined their FB group "Whiskey Tribe", pretty cool community.