Scared rich people

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
The mom was bashing the car in trying to do damage and other violence while not allowing them to leave. Was it likely an overreaction, possibly, but if someone is leaving you have zero right to block their vehicle and attempt to damage their property. The mom and her daughter were in the wrong 100000%
You were able to draw that conclusion from that small clip? Wow

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You were able to draw that conclusion from that small clip? Wow
It doesn't really matter what conclusion you or I draw, if the people were scared out of their wits and property damage was occurring then there is a problem. People are going to get either run over, shot or otherwise hurt if the idea that the mad mob is always right doesn't go away. I used to never carry, I do now because you just don't know what's going to happen next.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
It doesn't really matter what conclusion you or I draw, if the people were scared out of their wits and property damage was occurring then there is a problem. People are going to get either run over, shot or otherwise hurt if the idea that the mad mob is always right doesn't go away. I used to never carry, I do now because you just don't know what's going to happen next.
I don't particularly like to carry gun is uncomfortable in my back pocket but with all the insanity going on I've been enduring it.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
How would y’all handle this?

You’re verbally attacked. You try to leave and your attacker won’t let you. You’re called a racist, they damage your vehicle, and still attempt to stop you from leaving because they aren’t thru verbally attacking you.

How do you protect yourself and your property? Or, do you not try to defend yourself and your property and instead just flee by whatever means necessary? Abandon the vehicle?

What do you do?

When confronted like this in public how do you respond?

I’m not defending the lady with the gun, but I believe the attack was unjustified, certainly the level of the attack wasn’t justified, and if I try to leave somewhere and I’m blocked or not allowed to leave, I’m going to fear for my safety.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK

You’re verbally attacked. You try to leave and your attacker won’t let you. You’re called a racist, they damage your vehicle, and still attempt to stop you from leaving because they aren’t thru verbally attacking you.

How do you protect yourself and your property? Or, do you not try to defend yourself and your property and instead just flee by whatever means necessary? Abandon the vehicle?

What do you do?

I’m not defending the lady with the gun, but I believe the attack was unjustified, certainly the level of the attack wasn’t justified, and if I try to leave somewhere and I’m blocked or not allowed to leave, I’m going to fear for my safety.
It's Detroit I thought they just shot each other up there.

https://wdet.org/posts/2020/06/24/8...violence-as-29-shot-over-fathers-day-weekend/

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma

What do you do?

I think the lesson learned here is stop talking and get in the vehicle and leave. Once they have phones in your face you are going to painted in a bad light no matter what you say. Don't engage any further. As for when they backed up and the woman jumped behind the vehicle and slapped it, just keep going at that point. Nothing good happens at that the point that you get back out of the vehicle.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I don't particularly like to carry gun is uncomfortable in my back pocket but with all the insanity going on I've been enduring it.
I used to only carry a gun in my truck that I use for ranching or going to the lake, etcetera; I now have them in all of my daily drivers as well. Never really thought it was necessary to have one at all times but that has changed.

What do you do?

Everyone’s threshold for fear is different. I guarantee you it’s much different for you and I versus that woman.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
I used to only carry a gun in my truck that I use for ranching or going to the lake, etcetera; I now have them in all of my daily drivers as well. Never really thought it was necessary to have one at all times but that has changed.

Everyone’s threshold for fear is different. I guarantee you it’s much different for you and I versus that woman.
I was the same way kept one in my Truck so I would have it when I go to the farm to check on things. Now I keep one on my person.

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
Shhhhh...it's all about race I've heard.
Oh man I thought they had dropped that pretense already.
No, the heads of the BLM organization stated the fact that they are trained marxists. They are using race as a way to divide. It's nothing more than a means to their end goal of bringing down the government and replacing it with some form of Marxism/Communism.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
The whole video of that one.
The camera person was awful. The moment when things seemed to escalate, I cannot see wtf is going on. Did the car try to back up into the mother and daughter or did they attack the car first?
From what I can figure, they got into the car to leave and the mom went back there to impede them. Holding them against their will. And as the car moved she says something about "I can't believe you're going to try and hit me with your car".... Which of course she knew they were backing up when she moved back there..... And then you hear the loud smack. If they had hit her that hard, she would be greatly injured. What she did was smack their van. And then she smacks it 2 more times. You never know if the bump was intentional "the pregnant lady says it wasn't", or if the bump was accidental. Another consideration is, did the daughter try to squeeze past a pregnant woman when she should have waited? Or did she bump the pregnant lady on purpose because she doesn't like white people and wanted to piss one off? We don't see any of that. But what we do see, is the mother and daughter escalating this way beyond what it should have been for a what was described as a small bump and because the lady didn't "apologize". Either they are normally this irate at small offenses, or they just decided to be that way that day, but it is weird.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
The camera person was awful. The moment when things seemed to escalate, I cannot see wtf is going on. Did the car try to back up into the mother and daughter or did they attack the car first?
Exactly.

Truth is you run up on people calling them racist and berating them will end this way. Thank God they didn't fire, but we don't have the benefit of anyone bumping anyone. The gun didn't come out until violence was threatened and they impeded their ability to leave.
Correct. They should have no lack of good lawyers wanting to help them get this dropped. As well as a wrongful termination suit against the guy's employer. They were threatening the couple the daughter was impeding the wife from getting into the her vehicle when she tried to leave. Then the mother tried to keep them from leaving in their van. so you can say that not only were they feeling threatened but they were being held against their will and not being allowed to leave. Just because somebody doesn't apologize to you does not give you the right to threaten physical harm berate them and attempt to impede their leaving.

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
Welp...here we go again
https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1278752990808203266

https://www.newsweek.com/michigan-g...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1593713146
I'm sticking with my 2 a-hole theory on this one. That one girl thought she had the upper hand with the gun, but she forgot a cell phone is a more dangerous weapon these days so she loses.
If you haven't you should watch the entire video and you'll see that it's not as cut and dry.