Scared rich people

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
If there's anything we've learned in the last month, it's that damaging property is apparently okay if you do it in the name of social justice.

1593489761115.png

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Sure, then defend yourself away. They have no right. But you replied to a comment that wasn’t debating if they had a gate caved in, but was stating the presence of the march itself (i.e. in any neighborhood) was threatening enough to go waving guns. And it’s not.

So like I said, make sure it’s trespassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have 500 people marching down your private street with the only access being a key coded gate. 99.9% chance of trespass
I’m not disagreeing with that.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
There’s no “about to”. If it’s a peaceful march and you through your psychic powers predict the march is about to become in not peaceful before they actually commit any sort of crime, leading you whip out your firearm and start pointing it at people who, again, haven’t committed a crime yet... Then you are in the wrong. It doesn’t matter if on the news you’ve seen other marches get violent, this one hasn’t yet. You can’t defend yourself unless you are actually threatened... otherwise it isn’t defending yourself.

That doesn’t seem to be the case here, the couple seemed to have a reasonable expectation to protection by the gates, and they are absolutely right to feel threatened if people are breaking gates down. But let’s not say that marches themselves are something that inherently a threat and must all be quelled only by the threat of force.

Yes they had a reasonable expectation. It is a private gated community. The second you breach those gates you are illegally trespassing on private property. My place, for example, is WAY out of the way. You don't come here by accident. No Trespassing signs are posted. You enter at your own risk. You have NO RIGHT to protest at my private residence, and the second you are trespassing illegally I am within my rights to protect my property and/or life.

These people are morons. They are seeking an escalation to drag more people into this fray. I don't think they'll like the result.
Yeah, I agree with your first paragraph. That’s why I wrote that second paragraph. Not sure what’s getting lost in translation here.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Agreed. IMO the protests have run their course. Now legal lines are being tempted and crossed as BLM sees the need to escalate because of push back. BLM has done its job creating an atmosphere of change in law enforcement. A very real needed change, with more change to come I hope. But to continue with this form of protest (in the streets) is counterproductive. And it looks like Oklahoma County has taken the lead on halting the lawlessness, with D.A. Praters comments on the terrorism charges filed recently and proclaiming "This is not Seattle". It does appear the buck has stopped.
Is there really an atmosphere of change in LE? I feel like we’re in that situation where a mass shooting happened and people cry for more gun laws... Even though dozens of gun laws were broken already.

Well

still making mistakes
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
Is there really an atmosphere of change in LE? I feel like we’re in that situation where a mass shooting happened and people cry for more gun laws... Even though dozens of gun laws were broken already.
Really good question. I do see around the nation an attempt to address law enforcement issues. But its been through fear, not reasoned debate, or actually an understanding of the problems at hand. But the once concrete wall of law enforcement has been breached, so time will tell if positive change can move forward. I hope so.
A mass shooting right now I don't think would bring on the type of rhetoric as before. Thanks to the rioters, antifa, the looters, etc. I understand there has been a large increase in gun sales. It would seem people are more worried about protecting their propety and themselves.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
It will be interesting to see how it plays out. There are a lot of people, some actually in power, making bold statements about defunding and abolishing police. They are going to have to find ways to appear to have stayed true to these radical statements while actually doing as little as possible. There are far more people out there who understand the complications with just eliminating police and won't stand for it. We as a society aren't prepared to really dig into the racial disparity honestly so it's unlikely this will be much of a turning point on this matter.

There are some positive changes that can come out of this but they are not on the scale that have been promised, and I'm skeptical we will really stumble across the solutions.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Also, I don’t know if silently holding a firearm on your private property while unknown people are walking by would be considered brandishing. To me you probably have to be pointing the gun at the crowd and / or imminently threatening to use it for that to be the case. Since we don’t know what led up to the confrontation I just don’t think we can accuse the couple of that. If they were silently standing by and then the mob became threatening at that point what we saw on the video seems fine IMO.
In fairness, the man never pointed the gun at anyone other than his wife(sure that was accidental), but the woman did actually point her gun at people. If there was no threat direct threat to her it can be considered assault to do that, per Colion Noir(2nd Amendment advocate & Lawyer).

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
I'm not going to get into the who did what as far as trespassing and whether they should have gone out there with guns in the first place. Although, I will say the way they handled those guns (especially her) should result in them losing those guns. I'm not sure what the laws are in Missouri, but she shouldn't be able to own a gun.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
In fairness, the man never pointed the gun at anyone other than his wife(sure that was accidental), but the woman did actually point her gun at people. If there was no threat direct threat to her it can be considered assault to do that, per Colion Noir(2nd Amendment advocate & Lawyer).
Well at the point the lady points her gun we are seeing the mob being very aggressive so at that point I don’t think it’s an issue. It’s what led up to that point that we’d need to see.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Well at the point the lady points her gun we are seeing the mob being very aggressive so at that point I don’t think it’s an issue. It’s what led up to that point that we’d need to see.
The couple claimed they were having threats on their life yelled out. I didn't hear that on any videos, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1277991300369985538
"It's a peaceful protest" ended when they trespassed onto private property by breaking through a gate... Boneheaded reaction from the couple but trying to portray them as just an innocent group of peaceful protesters is dishonest.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
I saw on the Parler machine that they are registered as Democrats.

Also, I wouldn’t wear a pink shirt to a gun fight.
I don’t know if he is a democrat or not (still a lot of folks registered as dems that vote repub), but he he did give money to the RNC and Trump Campaign in 2016. For whatever that is worth.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Read this article fully. This prosecutor should be fired.

These people did everything right. Per the St. Louis Police the couple called the police when they entered private property. They went out to tell the protesters shouldn't be on the property and they had called police. Then they noticed that some members in the protest were armed so they went in and armed themselves.

Wort thing that should come from this is that Karen is made to take a firearms safety course

https://www.newsweek.com/st-louis-c...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1593541631

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Read this article fully. This prosecutor should be fired.

These people did everything right. Per the St. Louis Police the couple called the police when they entered private property. They went out to tell the protesters shouldn't be on the property and they had called police. Then they noticed that some members in the protest were armed so they went in and armed themselves.

Wort thing that should come from this is that Karen is made to take a firearms safety course

https://www.newsweek.com/st-louis-c...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1593541631
They definitely need a firearms safety course but hearing that some people in the mob were armed makes me want to cut them some slack. Maybe now that couple understands the world they live in and will respect firearms a little bit more.