Sanders Turnovers Limit?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
You guys are pathetic
ZERO TOs and your weak sauce of “but he almost did so I’m right”

unbelievable
Spencer Sanders has the second most lost fumbles of any quarterback in the country this year, and he’s only played 3 full games. I’m glad that Josh Sills was at the right place at the right time, but I’m definitely worried that he fumbled again.

colpoke

Greenhorn
Jan 31, 2007
Spencer Sanders has the second most lost fumbles of any quarterback in the country this year, and he’s only played 3 full games. I’m glad that Josh Sills was at the right place at the right time, but I’m definitely worried that he fumbled again.
Sills was at the right place at the right time because he missed his block and let his man get to Sanders.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Sills was at the right place at the right time because he missed his block and let his man get to Sanders.
Sill miss his block because he miss his position. They moved him around too much along the line from OG to blind side RT and surely that he had problem adjusting to the speed rushes from the outside. That is what Sanders is in for. He should be the aware scrambling QB to suit that patch-up OL group. If you going to be a statue inside the pocket and blame the OL for being touch, we might as well get a tall, strong 230 lb field scanner at QB.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
He also threw a would be interception if the KSU defender could've stayed in bounds....Kid is still a turnover machince....7 out of 13 games, he's had 2 or more TO's. Up to this point he's the most TO prone QB in the Gundy area...one game, which the defense carried doesn't erase that.
Cool let’s discredit a guy for a play that didn’t happen so it fits your narrative.

I’m just happy to see no turnovers against one of the better defenses we have played.

The fact that you want to come on here and disparage a guy that improved on his biggest weakness says more about you as a person than him as a player...

Nov 6, 2010
I think you have to tide with Sanders. Illingworth will struggle behind this version of the oline. He is definitely not mobile. You have to let him work through his turnover issues and learn from it to be a better QB in the future (this season or next). I think he gives us the best chance to beat OU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100% this. We are well into our third stringers on the OL now. Sills is a great guard but not quick enough to play tackle and he's "protecting" the blind side. Ill would get killed. We have to have Sanders now, just for the mobility. It would be interesting for all you OSU football history buffs to look at, but I'd be willing to bet an OSU team has never in it's history had this many significant OL injuries/losses.

Galloway, Bray, Anthony, Birmingham, Springfield, Farrell.

And for part of yesterday we lost Jenkins and I saw Miterko limp off I thought as well.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Sill miss his block because he miss his position. They moved him around too much along the line from OG to blind side RT and surely that he had problem adjusting to the speed rushes from the outside. That is what Sanders is in for. He should be the aware scrambling QB to suit that patch-up OL group. If you going to be a statue inside the pocket and blame the OL for being touch, we might as well get a tall, strong 230 lb field scanner at QB.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4429070/shane-illingworth

It’s like you have a crystal ball.

Jan 14, 2006
100% this. We are well into our third stringers on the OL now. Sills is a great guard but not quick enough to play tackle and he's "protecting" the blind side. Ill would get killed. We have to have Sanders now, just for the mobility. It would be interesting for all you OSU football history buffs to look at, but I'd be willing to bet an OSU team has never in it's history had this many significant OL injuries/losses.

Galloway, Bray, Anthony, Birmingham, Springfield, Farrell.

And for part of yesterday we lost Jenkins and I saw Miterko limp off I thought as well.
I think Coach Dickey has done a great job this year with the crazy amount of losses on the online.

That said, we have to get a tackle back for bedlam to have any chance. Sills is an NFL caliber guard. Being forced to play him at OT makes us worse at two positions.

Nov 6, 2010
Our game plan needs 3 or 4 more QB designed runs. Sanders has the legs. We need to use them just a little bit more.

Sills needs to move back to guard. I like the big guy, but he's not a left tackle.

Agreed, but who plays LT? Springfield looked like he hurt his ankle pretty bad. If he comes back, he likely won't be 100%. Do we have anybody else that could do it?? I know Miterko got time at LT against Kansas, maybe him?

Jan 14, 2006
Agreed, but who plays LT? Springfield looked like he hurt his ankle pretty bad. If he comes back, he likely won't be 100%. Do we have anybody else that could do it?? I know Miterko got time at LT against Kansas, maybe him?
He looked rough in his few snaps this week and then limped off as well. Luckily Jenkins came back in. Maybe with two weeks prep he can be ready?

Any word on Hunter Anthony? Was his injury season ending?

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Our game plan needs 3 or 4 more QB designed runs. Sanders has the legs. We need to use them just a little bit more.

Sills needs to move back to guard. I like the big guy, but he's not a left tackle.
I agree except even when he is on the field Sanders appears to be injured I. Some manner. He may be injury prone or it could be a product of our OL play. It’s kind of a catch all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 2, 2007
The O-Line is the foundation. You cannot build a solid house on quicksand. Both Sanders & Illingworth will struggle behind this atrocious line (as seen yesterday). Fans often compare our offense to a Ferrari. If so, the OLine is the wheels and tires. You can have a solid driver, high power, all the components to make it a monster BUT if do not have control where the rubber meets the road, you will not produce the results you want. The dismal OLine has been my biggest complaint of Gundy for the last 6 years.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
... If so, the OLine is the wheels and tires. You can have a solid driver, high power, all the components to make it a monster BUT if do not have control where the rubber meets the road, you will not produce the results you want. The dismal OLine has been my biggest complaint of Gundy for the last 6 years.
So we need 5 of these...

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The O-Line is the foundation. You cannot build a solid house on quicksand. Both Sanders & Illingworth will struggle behind this atrocious line (as seen yesterday). Fans often compare our offense to a Ferrari. If so, the OLine is the wheels and tires. You can have a solid driver, high power, all the components to make it a monster BUT if do not have control where the rubber meets the road, you will not produce the results you want. The dismal OLine has been my biggest complaint of Gundy for the last 6 years.
If QB1 is injured you need to play QB2 and I don't agree that it's all the line...He holds on to the ball too long, doesn't scan the field, doesn't seem to have blind side awareness and forces throws...oh and drops the ball once a game at least. Maybe he improves, but it's definately his problem as much as it is the 0line...See Tulsa...SI saved our butts behind an oline that was patchwork in that game...as soon as he was put it our team changed and life was breathed into the offense. Some guys just have that IT to play the position and inspire others to step up. I think SI has that...SS, I'm just not sure he's quite as good.

Sep 2, 2007
If QB1 is injured you need to play QB2 and I don't agree that it's all the line...He holds on to the ball too long, doesn't scan the field, doesn't seem to have blind side awareness and forces throws...oh and drops the ball once a game at least. Maybe he improves, but it's definately his problem as much as it is the 0line...See Tulsa...SI saved our butts behind an oline that was patchwork in that game...as soon as he was put it our team changed and life was breathed into the offense. Some guys just have that IT to play the position and inspire others to step up. I think SI has that...SS, I'm just not sure he's quite as good.
I agree SI is our future (as I have stated multiple times). A great pocket QB knows where the outlet is which does relieve pressure on the OLine. However, even Shane was not impervious to being sacked or rushed in the games he played. While we can incorporate shorter passes and spread the field more so with a pocket passer, that only gets us so far. IF an opposing Defense has no respect for our running game they will bring pressure more often. Unfortunately we have to be balanced to an extent which means a reliable O Line.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia

Why?

With Sanders at QB, All plays look line a QB design run. Opposing D already sniff, spy and ready for that. Sanders should only run on broken plays. With Sanders reading the Defense, and the patch-up OL group, there are many broken plays will come by.....

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
I agree SI is our future (as I have stated multiple times). A great pocket QB knows where the outlet is which does relieve pressure on the OLine. However, even Shane was not impervious to being sacked or rushed in the games he played. While we can incorporate shorter passes and spread the field more so with a pocket passer, that only gets us so far. IF an opposing Defense has no respect for our running game they will bring pressure more often. Unfortunately we have to be balanced to an extent which means a reliable O Line.
To get rid of the ball fast, the QB got to be able to read, see and anticipate the plays before they happen.

SS reacts according to what the opposing D give and does. That is good if you are a scrambling QB that can scan the field. That was why he held the ball too long because he had NO idea what the D were going but ran when the pressure got to him and dumped off only to receiver running along his directions of motions.