Saban, Bigger Crybaby Than TCU's Fatterson!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Saban was the guy who tried to convince all of college football that hurry up offense was killing children because he didn't want to adapt to it. So screw that guy.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
I read another article on this yesterday. I will have to try an find it and post the link.

One of the coaches (special teams coach?) recognized the punter lined up at WR, so he sent out the punt team. Then Saban sees the QB lined up in the shotgun, so he sends the regular defense out. This nothing more than communication issues on the Alabama sidelines. Saban's coach made the correct call. Saban made a bonehead call and he want's to blame the other team? What's next? Will it will be unfair if opposing offenses don't tell Alabama what play their going to run?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I read another article on this yesterday. I will have to try an find it and post the link.

One of the coaches (special teams coach?) recognized the punter lined up at WR, so he sent out the punt team. Then Saban sees the QB lined up in the shotgun, so he sends the regular defense out. This nothing more than communication issues on the Alabama sidelines. Saban's coach made the correct call. Saban made a bonehead call and he want's to blame the other team? What's next? Will it will be unfair if opposing offenses don't tell Alabama what play their going to run?
Technically, saban made the right call though, right? Because if they didn't catch them with 12 on the field they were gonna probably run a play to try and get the first down. The punt team would have probably messed up and let them get it. Agreed that miscommunication was the real issue.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Technically, saban made the right call though, right? Because if they didn't catch them with 12 on the field they were gonna probably run a play to try and get the first down. The punt team would have probably messed up and let them get it. Agreed that miscommunication was the real issue.

It looked like the punter was going in motion back to his spot

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

It looked like the punter was going in motion back to his spot
Well I didn't actually watch the play so I'm just going by what I've read.

Nov 18, 2010
This is the same guy who wanted to outlaw spread offenses because it 'endangered' players. (But really, he wasn't sure how to stop them from scoring.)

I take solace in knowing that this man doesn't enjoy any of his success. His wins on the field will be faded memories by the time he unclenches his teeth.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
This is the same guy who wanted to outlaw spread offenses because it 'endangered' players. (But really, he wasn't sure how to stop them from scoring.)

I take solace in knowing that this man doesn't enjoy any of his success. His wins on the field will be faded memories by the time he unclenches his teeth.
Correct, & now, if you watch an SEC game with Gary Danielson, it's unbearable. Now that SEC offenses are higher scoring, it's like offense has suddenly just been invented.

Nov 6, 2010
I have no idea about the play in question, but Saban bitching about fairness??? Someone should remind him what playing on a level/fair playing field feels like as coach of the Dolphins. He didn't like that much and bolted, so F him.