Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized after falling at her office

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I dont wish ill will on anyone and hope she is of sound mind and body to have another decade on the bench. But for purposes of political theatre let's say she passes 15 months from now. It's February 2020 and there was a recession in 2019 so Trump's popularity is hovering at 35%. The Dems are united with Corey Booker as the nominee and he is building a huge war chest. At this point it looks like a done deal.

Does McConnell say well boys I set a precedent 6 years ago or does he do the total partisan move and pack the court?

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
I dont wish ill will on anyone and hope she is of sound mind and body to have another decade on the bench. But for purposes of political theatre let's say she passes 15 months from now. It's February 2020 and there was a recession in 2019 so Trump's popularity is hovering at 35%. The Dems are united with Corey Booker as the nominee and he is building a huge war chest. At this point it looks like a done deal.

Does McConnell say well boys I set a precedent 6 years ago or does he do the total partisan move and pack the court?
Trump can nominate anyone he wishes and with the Senate in Republican hands his confirmation is certain.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

Just for the sake of discussion, if this fall is what sets of the end she isn't going to hang on for 15 months. Not at her age.

Jul 20, 2018

Corey Booker? Oh my gosh. What a freakin' joke. That little maggot couldn't unite a group of nuns to pray.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
How is this different than the Garland nomination though?
It’s politics. Democrats have done the exact same sorts of things multiple times. Why do you think suddenly when Republicans hold the power that somehow different rules should apply?

Jul 7, 2004

I hope he picks judges that don't make laws just act as referee to settle disputes and adhere to the constitution.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
I know that none of you Republcans wish I'll will on RBG, it's your opening line before you start predicting her demise. Why not be honest and just start a pool and y'all guess the date of her death. I'm sure you would have fun, and it would at least seem more honest.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I know that none of you Republcans wish I'll will on RBG, it's your opening line before you start predicting her demise. Why not be honest and just start a pool and y'all guess the date of her death. I'm sure you would have fun, and it would at least seem more honest.
I'd rather she just resign. Don't want her to die.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I'd rather she just resign. Don't want her to die.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk
But she is quite a hero for Oklahoma from helping to get the dumb Oklahoma law thrown how that required males but not females to be 21 before buying beer. It created quite a booming bar business in Stillwater in 1976 that lasted until 1984.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
It’s politics. Democrats have done the exact same sorts of things multiple times. Why do you think suddenly when Republicans hold the power that somehow different rules should apply?
Well the same rules apply. You are saying its ok for Republicans to change the rules when it suits them.

Why is it ok for Republicans to do what they want when Democrats doing the same thing outrages you?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Well the same rules apply. You are saying its ok for Republicans to change the rules when it suits them.

Why is it ok for Republicans to do what they want when Democrats doing the same thing outrages you?
What rule are they changing?

Mar 9, 2004
Edmond, OK

What rule are they changing?
You know, that complete BS "Biden Rule" that was trotted out to that they wouldn't have to do their constitutional duty.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
You know, that complete BS "Biden Rule" that was trotted out to that they wouldn't have to do their constitutional duty.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
Please link to the rule, or where it can be found.