Rudy Giuliani v. Ron Paul, and Reality

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaje

Let's Go Heat!
Nov 19, 2005
Stillwater, OK
www.maczealot.net
Don't know where you read that I said it was the Republican's fault. I am a Republican. And I think the discussion in this thread speaks for itself for how it could be the partial fault of the US. I didn't blame 9/11 on W. I blamed how his administration has tarnished the US by handling the situation.

Oh so a year and 8-9 months that W was in office, there was no planning or strategizing? They did all of that 2 years before they carried out the attack? :rolleyes: It's kind of silly to play the blame game in this matter. I mean the government doesn't have ESP abilities and unless Big Brother is watching our every move, you can't figure out every plot. The earlier WTC attack was planned and strategized on Bush Sr's watch. Is that his fault? No. The OKC bombing was on Clinton's watch. That his fault? No.

I'm kind of curious as to why you think the earlier WTC bombing was unsuccessful, though. Because it didn't collapse the building? It still killed a few and injured a lot.

Chianti

Greenhorn
Aug 22, 2006
Desertpoke is right on.

BTW, I am a conservative.

In 1951 Mossadegh took over Iran and installed a true democracy. He also began to nationalize Iran's oil. Two years later the CIA overthrew him and installed the Shah who terrorized the Iranians threw his brutal oppression for the next 26 years. Any surprise they don't trust us?

Our foreign policy is abysmal. But hey, as long as we get to drive around big SUVs and fill up with cheap gas its ok, right?

Chianti

Greenhorn
Aug 22, 2006
The Islamofascists have never said that they "want us to abandon our form of government and bow down to Mecca". They don't like our support of Israel and want us out of the mideast. That's the truth. They could care less about what we do here in the good 'old USA.

Jul 12, 2004
Desertpoke is right on.

BTW, I am a conservative.

In 1951 Mossadegh took over Iran and installed a true democracy. He also began to nationalize Iran's oil. Two years later the CIA overthrew him and installed the Shah who terrorized the Iranians threw his brutal oppression for the next 26 years. Any surprise they don't trust us?

Our foreign policy is abysmal. But hey, as long as we get to drive around big SUVs and fill up with cheap gas its ok, right?

You're exactly right. Iranians distrust of dates back to '53. Using 9/11 as a starting point for this conflict is hardly telling the whole story.

Jun 20, 2005
What I was getting at is that they hate us, regardless of who is in office.

So, to make this thing a political battle is ridiculous. The same Dems who made statement to the fact that there was evidince that Sadam had WMD's are the same ones saying he didnt and it is W's & the Republicans fault.

And I never said the first bombing wasnt successful. Read it again, I said their tried unsuccessfully to bring down the WTC.

kaje

Let's Go Heat!
Nov 19, 2005
Stillwater, OK
www.maczealot.net
What I was getting at is that they hate us, regardless of who is in office.

So, to make this thing a political battle is ridiculous. The same Dems who made statement to the fact that there was evidince that Sadam had WMD's are the same ones saying he didnt and it is W's & the Republicans fault.

And I never said the first bombing wasnt successful. Read it again, I said their tried unsuccessfully to bring down the WTC.

The point is that none of the republicans but Ron Paul seem to think our foreign policy needs changed. It isn't a matter of which party did what. Both have been doing it. Paul is the one stating that it needs to change, though.

Feb 7, 2007
Ron Paul is more Republican than any of the media backed "frontrunners" (read lobbyist backed, special interest, palm greasers).

Prior to Bush's Administration, Republican's were historically against War, particularly anything that represented pre-emptive attacks.

The other current Neo-Cons on the ticket, particularly Romney, Guiliani, and McCain are cut from the EXACT same cloth as Bush. These people have fundamentally destroyed the public perception of what a real Republican is.