Rudy blasts Ron Paul’s apology for 9/11

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokes28

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 26, 2003
Carl Junction, MO
facebook.com
I like a lot of what Ron Paul stands for and believes, but he's taking a losing stance while in the GOP primary phase.

It is like on the democratic side, in order to win the nomination, you have to show yourself as a far left winger, but if you stay on the far left after the primary, you stand no chance of winning the election.

Personally, I agree with Paul that the middle east Muslim extremists don't care one bit about our freedoms. What they care about is that we have bases in their holy land. I also think that as long as we are the primary Israeli supporter that we will be a target. I feel that we should continue to help Israel and since that will make us a target anyway, why close down the bases? We just have to be diligent and know that this is something we are going to deal with.

I believe that Rudy will be our next president. I don't like that Pickens linked his name with Reagan as Rudy isn't nearly the communicator that Reagan was. If Rudy had half the public speaking skill that Reagan had, the GOP side would be his already.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

kaje

Let's Go Heat!
Nov 19, 2005
Stillwater, OK
www.maczealot.net
That story is nothing more than the same spin other media outlets put on Ron Paul's words.

Want to know how the media will elect the next president?

A Fox, a Wolf, and a Whole Lot of Bull
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY-KlYg9UME (1 of 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ht1bo5UhOs (2 of 2)

Whether you're for Paul or any other candidate, this video just goes to show you how the media will blatantly lie to get you to not support someone or something.

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
You forgot that this is the age of youtube and the internet. The big media outlets are losing control.

We are ripe for a third party dominated by the middle class using email and internet videos over buying the big media.

Hey, the big corporations have their party, the Republicans, and the poor have their party, the Democrats. Who is represeting the majority of the country? :D

Be careful when listening to anything comeing from the big media, and do your own research. It is interesting when you read our own news from other countries news outlets too. The distortion will be a different direction in those countries and may have the political bias removed.

Pokefan

Territorial Marshal
Aug 3, 2004
Between Pryor and Adair on Beautiful Lake Hudson
You forgot that this is the age of youtube and the internet. The big media outlets are losing control.

We are ripe for a third party dominated by the middle class using email and internet videos over buying the big media.

Hey, the big corporations have their party, the Republicans, and the poor have their party, the Democrats. Who is represeting the majority of the country? :D

Be careful when listening to anything comeing from the big media, and do your own research. It is interesting when you read our own news from other countries news outlets too. The distortion will be a different direction in those countries and may have the political bias removed.
Excellent Point Slugger.
We had a guy from Germany come speak to a geography class. He got his law degree from TU and was visiting a friend who taught at my school. One thing he said was the news in the US is HEAVILY filtered. We brag of Free press but it is all so controlled that we get very limited slanted news. He recommended that all the students go online to read newspapers from other countries to get a different perspective.

Basically 4 corporations control all the mass media in the US.

Feb 7, 2007
Absolutely agree 100%.

I posted that article the other day that ABCNews ran about leaking vital CIA information about our Governments plan of propaganda in relation to Iran. ABC picked up that story from an international wire, except their article only had about 33% of the whole story. They conveniently omitted the fact that we were supplying money and munitions to terrorist groups in Iran who were already carrying out attacks against the government and civilians.

If you read the exact same story in other international papers, you could see how ABC picks and chooses spots of info verbatim.

And while that is frightening and eye-opening, it's even more sad to see how some people on here react when presented with the fact that they have been happily digesting the propaganda and don't even know it.

And now, you've got congressman pushing to get the internet censored. Why would they want to do that?

People don't think we have our own version of "Baghdad Bob"? Wake up.

Nov 1, 2004
Newspaper ownership, while more consolidated than it used to be, has the most fragmented ownership, compared at least to TV and probably radio. I've read some of the Brit papers over the years ... finally settled on the Financial Times ... and I'd take most of the metropolitan USA papers over the FT any day of the week. We've plenty of good newspapers in this country ... and a good way to understand issues is to read a few regularly (of course have to be fortunate enough to have the time). Get more than one side of the issue that way, in depth, often with some historical perspective.

Can't agree than Republicans represent large corps (big business) and Democrats represent the poor. That may have been the way it used to be ... but even if it was that way once ... I don't think that description is very accurate today. In the case of corporations, it will likely depend on the industry ... with each industry having its own particular issues. For individuals, economic issues are important sure, but so are national security issues and the myriad of social issues.

I do agree that in the 08 election, the Democrats will play the income/wealth differential card for all it's worth ... promising additional regulation (the "managed economy") to reduce the gap. Richardson hasn't taken this route, the rest (1st-tier candidates) have ... Clinton, Obama, Edwards ... for example, check out their tax proposals ... and the link into their health care proposals.

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
Newspaper ownership, while more consolidated than it used to be, has the most fragmented ownership, compared at least to TV and probably radio. I've read some of the Brit papers over the years ... finally settled on the Financial Times ... and I'd take most of the metropolitan USA papers over the FT any day of the week. We've plenty of good newspapers in this country ... and a good way to understand issues is to read a few regularly (of course have to be fortunate enough to have the time). Get more than one side of the issue that way, in depth, often with some historical perspective.
Does anyone compete with AP in creating the stories in the US for all of the newspapers?

Nov 1, 2004
Bloomberg, Reuters, maybe others. NT Times staff is huge and very well informed (including sports, arts, science, travel, etc) ... as is WSJ staff and various other newspapers around the country. AP articles are close to the bottom of the barrel as far as learning much, I think.