Rosenstein resigning/fired , no wait tune in weds?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
The chips continue to fall.

Unchecked power leads to corruption.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The implications are huge here. If he resigns, Trump can pick who will take over the investigation. If he is fired there is an automatic succession line of who will take over the Mueller investigation that Trump can not hand pick

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Reports that he is heading to the white house now. Fired or resign? All this with president out of the white house at the UN
Yep, reports now are that he is on his way to the White House expecting to be fired.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
The implications are huge here. If he resigns, Trump can pick who will take over the investigation. If he is fired there is an automatic succession line of who will take over the Mueller investigation that Trump can not hand pick

the solicitor general Noel Francisco will take over the investigation. This is not about the Mueller investigation, although people will try to tie it to it. He made some moves that exposed him.

Francisco clerked for Scalia

https://www.newsweek.com/who-noel-francisco-rod-rosenstein-1136448

Francisco served as associate counsel to President George W. Bush from 2001 to 2003 before serving as deputy assistant attorney general in the Office of Legal Counsel. In 2005, he moved into the private sector, joining the law firm Jones Day, where he worked with current White House Counsel Don McGhan. Francisco was then appointed deputy solicitor general by Trump in January 2017 and two months later was confirmed to the post of solicitor general by a vote of 50-47 in the Senate.

Given his position in charge of the Russia investigation, Francisco's views on presidential powers would likely be highly scrutinized. Notably, in 2007, Francisco rejected the idea of appointing a special counsel to oversee an investigation into Bush’s decision to fire a slew of U.S. attorneys.

“I don’t think it would be appropriate for the Department of Justice to appoint” a special counsel, he said in comments reported by Mother Jones. “My own personal belief is that when you hand these issues off to the career prosecutors in the public integrity sections in the U.S. attorneys’ offices in the Department of Justice, those attorneys are generally better able to assess whether a case should be pursued.”

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Testing reactions? It was swift and reactionary...Had Congress people (Dems) demanding a full vote today on legislation to protect Mueller from being fired
I guess nothing conclusive yet (studying for an exam)? I would bet a good chunk of life savings that Trump wouldn't fire Mueller, regardless.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I guess nothing conclusive yet (studying for an exam)? I would bet a good chunk of life savings that Trump wouldn't fire Mueller, regardless.
I don't think Mueller has enough to touch Trump. I think he has enough to charge Kushner and Trump Jr though. Trump will make it through this, but a couple of his family members might see charges out of it

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
I don't think Mueller has enough to touch Trump. I think he has enough to charge Kushner and Trump Jr though. Trump will make it through this, but a couple of his family members might see charges out of it
Yeah he is hellbent on damaging Trump through proxy. Be interesting to see what, if anything, surfaces on those two.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/McFaul/status/1044254359385587712

It's not that they are fake news. This was an opinion piece released anonymously by someone in the Trump admin. If it was Rosenstein he needs to go.

You want to see the fake news, then look at the hit piece by a "real" journalist about the Ramirez lady that was published even though she had nobody that will corroborate her story, not even those people she named as friendly witnesses.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

Last edited: