Road Rage Department

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Idiots in gameday traffic who don't know how to handle traffic... Not even the traffic after the game, I'm talking more the morons on I35. Meant to post this last night.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
That or SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT. That doesn't mean if you're going 1/2 mph faster than the person in front you, you should hog the left lane for 5 minutes as you slowly pass...
So a lot of people driving in the left lane are too scared to drive at least 70mph? I think I'd be too scared to drive below that speed in the left lane! Or maybe some of them are too busy texting or talking on the phone.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
So a lot of people driving in the left lane are too scared to drive at least 70mph? I think I'd be too scared to drive below that speed in the left lane! Or maybe some of them are too busy texting or talking on the phone.
After the one person who does go slow in the left, vehicles wanting to go faster start backing up, causing the next group of faster drivers to stay right and try to pass the whole pack. Thus becoming a giant cluster f**k.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
It's usually one person going 65-68 that holds up the 30 behind them.

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
I was just at Wendy's. Two exit lanes, one for turning left; one for turning right. There is a girl in her psuedo-Jeep (Compass) in the left lane with her left signal on. I pull up into the right lane and am getting ready to turn right when she turns right from the left lane in front of me. Nearly clipped the front end of the car (I was driving my Mother-in-law's). I couldn't lay on the horn hard or long enough. Too bad it has a Honda horn and not a train horn.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I was just at Wendy's. Two exit lanes, one for turning left; one for turning right. There is a girl in her psuedo-Jeep (Compass) in the left lane with her left signal on. I pull up into the right lane and am getting ready to turn right when she turns right from the left lane in front of me. Nearly clipped the front end of the car (I was driving my Mother-in-law's). I couldn't lay on the horn hard or long enough. Too bad it has a Honda horn and not a train horn.
Not a road-rage comment, but I find it both funny and sad when I see one of these and they're not even 4wd... It doesn't even deserve the Jeep badge in that case...

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
Not a road-rage comment, but I find it both funny and sad when I see one of these and they're not even 4wd... It doesn't even deserve the Jeep badge in that case...
I used to have a Cherokee that wasn't 4WD, but it was very tough and I did take it to some remote places in the mountains of New Mexico. I hated that it wasn't 4WD but when I bought it, the price was right. But IMO the Compass and the Liberty, just aren't Jeeps. They sit low, they look like they'll break if you take them into a gravel parking lot and most of them aren't 4WD. I don't even know if 4WD is an option on those two models.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I used to have a Cherokee that wasn't 4WD, but it was very tough and I did take it to some remote places in the mountains of New Mexico. I hated that it wasn't 4WD but when I bought it, the price was right. But IMO the Compass and the Liberty, just aren't Jeeps. They sit low, they look like they'll break if you take them into a gravel parking lot and most of them aren't 4WD. I don't even know if 4WD is an option on those two models.
I agree with the Compass (and Patriot) but disagree with the Liberty, at least the 2nd gen. That's what we have with 4wd. They're a lot bigger than the older Liberty, more like a refresh of the old Cherokees. The new Cherokees are an embarrassment, not a fan of what Fiat is doing with this line.

To keep it road-rage related. People who will wait for several minutes to make a left on a busy road at an intersection w/o a light while everyone has to wait behind them instead of just making a right and taking an alt. route. It's like some people think there is only 1 way to get from point A to point B. This happens almost everyday to me at SW 8th and Council by the TA. Semi's try taking a left instead of going out the north side of the TA onto the street that actually has a light.

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
I agree with the Compass (and Patriot) but disagree with the Liberty, at least the 2nd gen. That's what we have with 4wd. They're a lot bigger than the older Liberty, more like a refresh of the old Cherokees. The new Cherokees are an embarrassment, not a fan of what Fiat is doing with this line.

To keep it road-rage related. People who will wait for several minutes to make a left on a busy road at an intersection w/o a light while everyone has to wait behind them instead of just making a right and taking an alt. route. It's like some people think there is only 1 way to get from point A to point B. This happens almost everyday to me at SW 8th and Council by the TA. Semi's try taking a left instead of going out the north side of the TA onto the street that actually has a light.
I didn't realize there was a new generation of Liberty. The first ones seemed like a slightly upgraded version of the Suzuki Samaurai, although I never actually drove one or rode in one. Just judging from seeing them at the dealerships and in magazines.

And for the road rage topic. Yesterday on my way to church (about 3/4 of a mile) I had two different cars pull out right in front of me. I'm talking I had to slam on the brakes right in front of me. Idiots. I got to church and asked somebody if my car was invisible, because apparently to other drivers it was.

osupsycho

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Construction zone on Council near NW expressway that has the lanes down to one lane each way and clearly has not one but TWO signs saying you cannot turn left at the light when going northbound, due to the construction and it causing the ENTIRE half mile long line of cars to wait through a million cycles of the light. So what do multiple idiots in line do, try to turn left of course!!!!!!!

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Why would I want a vehicle with an automatic braking system? What if there was a group of bikers that need a physics lesson?
You never know, flooring it towards them just to have the car slam the brakes at the last second may get a pretty entertaining reaction out of the bikers... I could see some youtube videos coming from something like that

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
How about the "my turn is 6 intersections down so I'm gonna go ahead and drop to about 10 below the speed limit and turn my blinker on as I turn" person? Or the "how dare you honk at me, the light was only green for 15 seconds before I started moving" then honks back lady? I got to meet both of those people during lunch today.