Road Rage Department

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
New one today. I was driving through a school zone, kind of heavy traffic on my side and none on the other. Some moron was trying to make a left go to my direction and was holding people up behind them. I slowed and let the car in front of me get about 6 car lengths ahead to let the lady in and was waving her in the whole time. She waited up until the point to where I was right in front of her and she changed her mind and went right... idiot... This was directly followed by a lighted intersection that was flashing red with morons that don't know how to handle that situation when there are people in turn lanes and then another intersection where someone stopped at the middle of an intersection (no traffic in front of them btw) and had to back up to get out of the the way of cross traffic. I was in an AWESOME mood when I got to work. I only live 10 miles away...

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
New one today. I was driving through a school zone, kind of heavy traffic on my side and none on the other. Some moron was trying to make a left go to my direction and was holding people up behind them. I slowed and let the car in front of me get about 6 car lengths ahead to let the lady in and was waving her in the whole time. She waited up until the point to where I was right in front of her and she changed her mind and went right... idiot... This was directly followed by a lighted intersection that was flashing red with morons that don't know how to handle that situation when there are people in turn lanes and then another intersection where someone stopped at the middle of an intersection (no traffic in front of them btw) and had to back up to get out of the the way of cross traffic. I was in an AWESOME mood when I got to work. I only live 10 miles away...
I have had that happen to me before, makes you want to throw rocks and garbage at them.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I have had that happen to me before, makes you want to throw rocks and garbage at them.
Normally I would have been able to vent my frustration by dropping it a gear and speeding off but I was still in the school zone... Nothing worse than having road rage and not being able to go over 25...

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
Running errands at lunch today and had 3 incidents of road rage.

1. Driving down a two lane street with cars parked on one side (my side), still enough room for two cars to pass. Unless of course one of those cars is driven by the ass who was headed my way and instead of being over close to the curb he come barreling down the road right in the middle. I'm over as far to the right as I can get without clipping the mirrors of the parked cars with my mirror. He moved to his right just enough to avoid hitting me but still 3-4 feet from the curb on his side.

2. On another two lane road behind a car wanting to turn left at the light. The only oncoming car is at least a block away, closer to two, and this left turn idiot waits until the car has gone past before turning. In the meantime the light has changed to red forcing me to wait through another cycle.

3. Turn in to the post office parking lot and stop to wait for a car to back out so I can have their parking spot. Jackass number 3 pulls in and goes around me to my left and stops to let another car back out. In the mean time blocks the car I was waiting on from backing out. To top it all off, I went in the post office checked PO Box and was back out to the car before this guy ever got out of his car, so why the big rush into the parking lot?

Sep 18, 2006
SEC country :(
1.) When drivers turning at intersections do not maintain their lanes and pull into their far lane, e.g., I'm turning left into the left lane and the idiot turning right pulls across in front of me into my lane, totally skipping the nearest lane.

Or, when I'm turning left and pull into the nearest lane, and the idiot behind me pulls wide into the far lane and traps me from properly changing to the right lane so that I can make a right at the next intersection.

2.) When idiots take a turn too fast, causing shallow turns so as to hop curbs if they're turning right or cut across the left turn lane if turning left, nearly clipping the cars.

3.) Generally, anything to do with other people turning. I learned to drive on a tractor, so I learned to make precise turns at the end of fields so I wouldn't screw the rows up.

4.) When idiots do not stop the proper distance away from intersections, causing me to have to take a nearly right angle approach so that I do not take their bumper or door with me because they're sticking so far out.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
1.) When drivers turning at intersections do not maintain their lanes and pull into their far lane, e.g., I'm turning left into the left lane and the idiot turning right pulls across in front of me into my lane, totally skipping the nearest lane.

Or, when I'm turning left and pull into the nearest lane, and the idiot behind me pulls wide into the far lane and traps me from properly changing to the right lane so that I can make a right at the next intersection.

2.) When idiots take a turn too fast, causing shallow turns so as to hop curbs if they're turning right or cut across the left turn lane if turning left, nearly clipping the cars.

3.) Generally, anything to do with other people turning. I learned to drive on a tractor, so I learned to make precise turns at the end of fields so I wouldn't screw the rows up.

4.) When idiots do not stop the proper distance away from intersections, causing me to have to take a nearly right angle approach so that I do not take their bumper or door with me because they're sticking so far out.
1) I do this sometimes when I make a right. If I have enough time to cross the lane but not enough to actually pull in without slowing down traffic is the only time I do it.

2) They're just following the apex man...

How about when people swerve one way to turn the other like they're driving a big rig or something?...

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
1) I do this sometimes when I make a right. If I have enough time to cross the lane but not enough to actually pull in without slowing down traffic is the only time I do it.

2) They're just following the apex man...

How about when people swerve one way to turn the other like they're driving a big rig or something?...
I was just getting ready to comment on this. I've seen people driving a Civic swing out to the right to make a left turn and on a 4 lane road, so it's not like there were space concerns. As you said, do they think they are driving a semi?

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
I was just getting ready to comment on this. I've seen people driving a Civic swing out to the right to make a left turn and on a 4 lane road, so it's not like there were space concerns. As you said, do they think they are driving a semi?

This goes hand in hand with soccer moms driving Suburbans when they shouldn't be driving anything bigger than a VW Beetle.

Can't turn it, can't back it, can't park it? Leave it at home!

Feb 25, 2008
So, yesterday while heading home I was on the turnpike, driving in the left lane about to pass another vehicle. I see that there are 3 or 4 more cars ahead of the one I'm about to pass, and I am a mile from my exit, so I get over in the right lane and follow the guy in front at a proper/safe distance.

As I'm exiting, a guy that is passing me changes lanes way too late to cut me off and exit in front of me .... nobody behind me for miles.

As we approach the stop light/sign, me laying on the horn for a good 15 seconds or longer, he goes to the light, I assume to turn left while I got to the right lane that curves to a stop sign to turn right. He decides to go straight throught the light and re-enter the turn pike.

Guess he had no clue where he was or wanted to go - just driving like a crazy person. :cursing:

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
So, yesterday while heading home I was on the turnpike, driving in the left lane about to pass another vehicle. I see that there are 3 or 4 more cars ahead of the one I'm about to pass, and I am a mile from my exit, so I get over in the right lane and follow the guy in front at a proper/safe distance.

As I'm exiting, a guy that is passing me changes lanes way too late to cut me off and exit in front of me .... nobody behind me for miles.

As we approach the stop light/sign, me laying on the horn for a good 15 seconds or longer, he goes to the light, I assume to turn left while I got to the right lane that curves to a stop sign to turn right. He decides to go straight throught the light and re-enter the turn pike.

Guess he had no clue where he was or wanted to go - just driving like a crazy person. :cursing:
You know, I don't have a problem with somebody not knowing where they are going or not being familiar with the area they are driving, but at that point you slow down and figure it out, not punch it to the floor and everybody else be damned. I have been in similar situations to what you were in makes you want to go all Mad Max on them.

Off topic but does anyone else turn the music down when you're following directions and they aren't correct? I went to this business today and i'm by myself trying to read the address numbers on the buildings and for some reason I turned down the music, I still find that amusing.

Aug 31, 2006
63 mi S. of Stillwater
Was heading home from work the other day. I passed a woman in a Ford Edge eating cereal. Yes, bowl spoon and all while driving south on the Broadway Ext. She even refilled the bowl. Really? You thought cereal was the best option!?!

Was heading home from work the other day. I passed a woman in a Ford Edge eating cereal. Yes, bowl spoon and all while driving south on the Broadway Ext. She even refilled the bowl. Really? You thought cereal was the best option!?!
LOL. My daughter does this but pours it all in a cup and drinks it. Still funny you saw someone with a bowl.

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
My brother lives in Guthrie and several years ago he was doing some work at Will Rogers Airport and every day for about a two week period he would pass a guy on 44 that was driving with his knees, sheet music propped on the wheel, playing the flute. I often wonder if the guy is still alive.

My brother lives in Guthrie and several years ago he was doing some work at Will Rogers Airport and every day for about a two week period he would pass a guy on 44 that was driving with his knees, sheet music propped on the wheel, playing the flute. I often wonder if the guy is still alive.
Back in the day I was working as a delivery driver while finishing at OSU and on 44 where it turns off by cowboy hall of fame I saw this pickup take the curve and his front right wheel just came off and went into oncoming traffic. I honked and waved and tried to get his attention but he just kept on going clueless, I assumed he figured it out. Wonder if he's still alive too.

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
I live down the street from an elementary school. Generally I like it, it adds a lot to the neighborhood but some of the parents picking up/dropping off make me want to get a tank and drive down the street smashing cars. I have had them park in my driveway, block my driveway stand in the middle of the road talking and other things.

This morning I had a mom in an Expedition in front of me she stopped in the middle of the road so if someone wanted to come the other way down the street they couldn't have. Sat there for a couple of minutes to let her kid get his things together and get out of the car, then he got out and stood there talking to her for about 30 seconds before he finally went across the street to the school. In the mean time there are about 4 or 5 cars lining up behind me. All of this happening on a side street that is not the official school drop off/pick-up zone. After she turned the corner and got to the traffic light she stopped on green just long enough that the light turned red for me. It's a good thing I wasn't running late.

Just simple common courtesy. She knew she was going to be blocking the street she should have made sure her son was ready to just jump out and run before she stopped. That or use the actual drop off lane.

Feb 25, 2008
Drove yesterday from OKC to Tulsa (Owasso) and back. Had a few road construction areas, but otherwise, no issues anywhere to complain about for a long drive. Everyone seemed to be playing nice in construction areas, relative speeds, merging, etc.

:)

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Trying to take a right on a 4 lane street at a stop light and the person in front of me is going straight when the lane next to him that is also going straight is empty. Normally I wouldn't care as much but this guy cut me off to get in front of me then made me wait on the light when there was no traffic.