Road Rage Department

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
I just can't stand when someone pulls onto a major blvd where traffic is moving quickly and they pull out in front of me. Now that's not so bad except all they had to do was wait 1 second and see there's no more traffic behind me. Seriously?! You are going to jeopardize our lives for 1 second and then (here it comes) slow down below the posted limit? COME ON!

Jostate

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I want to know why some people who would never think of walking past the line of people standing to cut up front think it's okay if you're in a car.

Part 2. Highway driving. Read the signs. Left lane is for passing. Just because I'm going 10 over doesn't make you the police. Of which I have no problem about getting tickets now that you can pay extra to keep it off the DL record. It's like an annual pass to speed, so if you are not paying then let others go.

OSU79

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I just can't stand when someone pulls onto a major blvd where traffic is moving quickly and they pull out in front of me. Now that's not so bad except all they had to do was wait 1 second and see there's no more traffic behind me. Seriously?! You are going to jeopardize our lives for 1 second and then (here it comes) slow down below the posted limit? COME ON!
sorry

at least i'm ahead of you

MSteph57

Territorial Marshal
Aug 14, 2008
Near enemy territory.
People slowing down in front of me just because I'm in a patrol car. If I'm going 5-10 over its alright people, I'm just running your tag anyways. Oh and using the turn lane to emerge into the roadway. That's an improper turn people. I've worked enough wrecks cause by people doing this and I always give citations for it if you cause one.

Nov 25, 2010
Don't even get me started on this.

Too late.

People that slow down to 25 to merge into 65 mph traffic.

People that won't pass somebody doing 10-15 under the posted speed limit causing a line if traffic that can't pass either.

People that won't merge early for a construction zone when the sign cleat say "Merge now. State law."

When the sign shows left lane ends and nobody gets in the right lane and tries to push me off the road to pass at the last second.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Oh and using the turn lane to emerge into the roadway. That's an improper turn people. I've worked enough wrecks cause by people doing this and I always give citations for it if you cause one.
Guilty.

Never caused a wreck, but that's mostly because of my cat like reflexes, and not being brain dead.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Yes!

MSteph57, why don't they ever put an officer there handing out tickets to these idiot that gum it up for everyone else?

I've taken to straddling the line to keep people from going any further. Bastards like that should be jerked out of their car and beaten about the head and shoulders.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
I keep a the hitch in the receiver at all times and have a lift in my truck..... I've been hit three times without damage due to this I highly suggest it.

Feb 25, 2008
Part 2. Highway driving. Read the signs. Left lane is for passing. Just because I'm going 10 over doesn't make you the police. Of which I have no problem about getting tickets now that you can pay extra to keep it off the DL record. It's like an annual pass to speed, so if you are not paying then let others go.

So, you don't think it is right for someone to break the "left lane for passing only" law, but feel it is OK for you to break the "speed limit" law???

If someone is driving the speed limit, then nobody can legally pass them in any lane.

And you justify this because you can afford it??? Driving laws are not just for the poor, but for everyone.

Sometimes I wish fines were based on your income, then someone like a multi-million dollar athlete or actor would have to pay fines that actually hurt thier pocketbook a little.

OSU79

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
So, you don't think it is right for someone to break the "left lane for passing only" law, but feel it is OK for you to break the "speed limit" law???

If someone is driving the speed limit, then nobody can legally pass them in any lane.

And you justify this because you can afford it??? Driving laws are not just for the poor, but for everyone.

Sometimes I wish fines were based on your income, then someone like a multi-million dollar athlete or actor would have to pay fines that actually hurt thier pocketbook a little.

"Yeah, we get paid a lot. But we spend a lot too!"

-- Patrick Ewing

I said nothing about rich or poor. I said I am willing to pay speeding fines. That's between me, the police and whatever township we are in. I am willing to do that only on highways. And some place it's illegal to go the same speed as the vehicle in the right lane. I've never been charged for speeding after going into the left to pass someone going slower than the right lane. Multiple places in Washington have signs that will tell you if there are more than 5 cars behind you and none in front of you, that you need to pullover or speed up.