RIP Rick Ocasek

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
Their debut album is possibly the best debut album of all time in regard to the number of songs that became instantly-recognizable classics.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
In high school I went to Norman to see The Cars, with opening band Icehouse at the LNC. GOOD TIMES!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
While I love their music, The Cars were the worst live act I've ever seen. Never spoke to the crowd, no solos. Could have just played a music video and would have been the same.
Never saw them live but that would be greatly disappointing. I saw the eagles live at American Airlines center a few years ago just before Glenn’s death. Best concert I’ve ever seen. Standing room only. Took daughters to Beyoncé at same place and her computers and synthesizers took up 3 rows. The eagles equipment took up zero seats. Second best concert? Rush.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
While I love their music, The Cars were the worst live act I've ever seen. Never spoke to the crowd, no solos. Could have just played a music video and would have been the same.
Well, maybe they hit their stride by my concert. They were great.
Also saw REO and Def Leppard while younger. Best part of all the concerts was Leppard drum solo.
Probably gonna go see Styx in December.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 6, 2010
To me that was always a mark of a great band, if the "song remains the same" live. I don't need fireworks and production, I want to hear the music. I wish I had gotten to see them live so I could have an opinion.