RIP G H W Bush

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokey

Sheriff
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
I've been watching all of the reporting on George H. W. Bush's death. While I didn't agree with him on politics some of the time, I did respect his honesty and civility. Today's Trump party would probably label him a RINO, as they have moved so far away from the standard he set. He was very honest and genuine. The proof is displayed right here in a Republican dominated World News & Politics as he only garnered very few comments for his long and distinguished service to our country. While I frequently disagree with this administration, I'll admit my TDS is caused primarily by the character difference between the two men. R.I.P. I hope you are not the last Republican President that deserves universal respect.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Jul 20, 2018
"In an interview with author Mark Updegrove, George H.W. Bush said of Trump, “I don’t like him. I don’t know much about him, but I know he’s a blowhard. And I’m not too excited about him being a leader. The elder Bush also confirmed that in 2016, despite his prominent role in Republican politics, he voted for Hillary Clinton."
https://www.sourcepolitics.com/bush-family-will-let-trump-attend-funeral-but-wont-let-him-speak/
Stay on topic please. A man died and you're posting shit about Trump.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Last edited:
Jul 20, 2018
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
But it's related to Bush's funeral and about one of the most highly prominent guests expected to attend, who won't be asked to give a eulogy.

This is also related to topic: USPS to suspend regular mail delivery Wednesday for National Day of Mourning - Story | KMSP http://www.fox9.com/news/usps-to-su...livery-wednesday-for-national-day-of-mourning
Would he have said that had Trump not dismantled Jeb? People forget that as much as Hillary was preordained to be the Dem candidate, Jeb likewise was preordained to be the Rep candidate. I’m sure the Bush dynasty takes it personal that Trump took Jeb apart the way he did. Their opinion of Trump is not exactly without its biases.

Jul 28, 2011
Reno NV
I've been watching all of the reporting on George H. W. Bush's death. While I didn't agree with him on politics some of the time, I did respect his honesty and civility. Today's Trump party would probably label him a RINO, as they have moved so far away from the standard he set. He was very honest and genuine. The proof is displayed right here in a Republican dominated World News & Politics as he only garnered very few comments for his long and distinguished service to our country. While I frequently disagree with this administration, I'll admit my TDS is caused primarily by the character difference between the two men. R.I.P. I hope you are not the last Republican President that deserves universal respect.
Let's hope that trump is pay attention to everything going on around GHWB. I know that's a lot to ask, but we can only hope.

Pokey

Sheriff
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
What a nice celebration of life. I'm thankful in some small measure for being given the opportunity to serve our communities.My wife and I are thankful that our fathers received on our their deaths military honors for their WWll service to their country. RIP

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Very nice funeral. I like the son as much or more than the father because of politics...but certainly he did honor his friends and his family and put his wife first. A great, humble, and honest person...FAR too few of those in Washington these days I'm afraid. Nice day to recall we are all Americans and we should all be striving to live well and kindly with one another despite our political and policy opinions.

Last edited:

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT